Recommendations, Need a new Portable Spotter

Billy

Name
BH
We have been doing more spotting with our smaller spotter machines lately which have no heat & are just getting old so we decided we will be purchasing a new Portable spotter w/Heat. Only new one we have seen so far is the Olympus MA51 with out heat. We rented one today for a wine stain filling it with water from our truck. It seem to do a good job & left the area fairly dry.

I also looked at the Mytee 8070 but not being able to put hands on it not sure. It seems to be physically a little bigger & heavier though.

Anyone have any recommendations with Plus-es & Minus-es before we purchase one?

Thanks

P.S. I did search but most post were older & I am looking for newer comments.

Billy

Name
BH
your_good_sons said:
I am very please with this one... http://www.sandiaplastics.com/PDF/spott ... lsheet.pdf
got it here... http://www.cleaningstuff.net/Carpet-Ext ... eaners.htm

Sandia is sold as other brands... why pay more for the same thing?

Thanks that is the same one Interlink sells as Olympus I believe. Have you used it long & is the heat decent? Can you tell me the height of yours because the pics seem like it is taller than the Non Heat Model

Im thinking at this point either the Olympus/Sandia (On sale this month) or Mytee 8070 both with Heat. Price isn't only factor but I am going to compare based on our needs.

Billy

Name
BH
Lee Stockwell said:
Would love to have one with a little heater you could screw a little propane bottle onto.

Lee Leave it to you to want a turbo Spotter :lol:

mcatt

Name
Mike
I've seen these at my supplier and have thought about purchasing one as well for small spot cleaning.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I am going to get one for spotting our cats throw up spots that happen all the time. Maybe I would use it for some minor spot cleaning at a clients but more for my home. They are gutless as far as vacuum but will do the job for what I need. I would never spend the money on the heated one as I simply can just put hot water in for what I need. Save the extra $200 or I think $300 for the heater. I can get these without heat for $300 I believe. Just dont freak when you find you can spit harder then it sprays and the vacuum on these little things is almost nn existent IMO.

Billy

Name
BH
your_good_sons said:
I purchased it about 6 weeks ago. It is close to 24" tall. The heat is really good.

Thanks that is helpful, Can't find much on technical specs for the heated model like Amps, Dimensions etc.

I like the slide handle on that one though. The Non-Heated one we have now worked well today. It would have been nice to have been able to use the heated model though.

Thanks again for taking time to answer my questions. Interlink is getting one in so might just take it especially with sale price if I'm not able to look at a Mytee tomorrow at the local distributor.

Billy

Name
BH
Vivers said:
I am going to get one for spotting our cats throw up spots that happen all the time. Maybe I would use it for some minor spot cleaning at a clients but more for my home. They are gutless as far as vacuum but will do the job for what I need. I would never spend the money on the heated one as I simply can just put hot water in for what I need. Save the extra $200 or I think $300 for the heater. I can get these without heat for $300 I believe. Just dont freak when you find you can spit harder then it sprays and the vacuum on these little things is almost nn existent IMO.

:lol: I have two Non Heat models (DiamondBack & Century) now which are just old & need replaced due to leaks etc so I understand the power although the Mytee seems more powerful. I'm only looking to use on jobs that really don't need the truck setup since we charge based on time including setup & take down when on a spotting jobs without normal cleaning.

I think I want heat & am willing to pay for it though this time because without truck not many hose-hold water heaters produce good hot water.

Thanks for the advice.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Billy. Stop.
Here is the best advise I can give you: Don't buy any!

I have one of these dinky little spotters (no heat yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad.. )

I hate it.
With the vengeance.

It has been collecting dust, or mold, or mildew in the shed (with the rest of the useless stuff. Thanks mikey's Board.)

I am actually experimenting if it will biodegrade. So far, no such luck eat yor heart out Werner

Billy

Name
BH
Ofer Kolton said:
Billy. Stop.
Here is the best advise I can give you: Don't buy any!

I have one of these dinky little spotters (no heat yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad.. )

I hate it.
With the vengeance.

It has been collecting dust, or mold, or mildew in the shed (with the rest of the useless stuff. Thanks mikey's Board.)

I am actually experimenting if it will biodegrade. So far, no such luck eat yor heart out Werner

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You don't have to hold your true feelings back.

I'm only think of using it for small spotting jobs not full cleaning. The Olympus we rented really worked well today though, much better than our old ones we have now.

Thanks for advice Ofer haven't made final decision yet. I have a fairly long list of equipment purchases I want this year.

P.S. Also thinking it could be used for touch-ups on our boat.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I sell quite a few 8070's Mytee Lite 2's to car detailers and I even sold one to a midget couple with a 40" Westpac 2 jets stair tool to clean carpets with. It was a perfect fit for them. You won't go wrong buying a Mytee. They run and run and run. BUT I wouldn't call it a spotter it is a 3 gallon portable.

If your looking for a spotter which I consider 1.5 gallon machines I see no reason to buy a heated one. Waste of money and way to much to go wrong with them. The Mytee tempo spotter is very good machine and is only $449. Just fill it with hot water really no reason to have a heater

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate portables....no really, I HATE portables. One of these days I'm going to take my 4x4 and just crush a portable. Oh man what a stress relief it would be to finally get back at that dude for all the bucket brigades! would the real rob allen please stand up? would the real rob allen please stand up?

Billy

Name
BH
Thanks everyone we purchased a spotter machine today that seems like it will fit our need.

---
Sent from my iPhone

Billy

Name
BH
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks send money in lieu of Flowers I have to pay for this thing somehow.

Seriously we have already seen the benefit of this little machine with a large Wine Stain which didn't require setup of BBT & 3 flights of steps which saved the client $$$$s on our rates & the few clients comments when we let them know we will be adding a spotting machine to our company. Comments have all been positive but if it doesn't work out no big loss.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Billy it's a good idea to have one, it gives you options. It's just there is no way it will compare in the clients eyes.

If you remove the spot you're good. However if you don't, somewhere in the back of their mind there are going to be wondering if it would have come out if you only used the big truck.

We use them too but I hate them. They lack power, low psi, low vacuum, small recovery. -sniff

Billy

Name
BH
Santana said:
Billy it's a good idea to have one, it gives you options. It's just there is no way it will compare in the clients eyes.

If you remove the spot you're good. However if you don't, somewhere in the back of their mind there are going to be wondering if it would have come out if you only used the big truck.

We use them too but I hate them. They lack power, low psi, low vacuüm, small recovery. -sniff

Good Point & we already thought of that & the client will always have the option to pay us to setup & use the BBT. This purchase was only to save the client a few $$$$s in cases where it will work for them.

Example: we have a client in the city with an 8 story Condo we clean every year that likes the idea of the spotter being used to help out during the year but prefers BBT for normal cleaning over a portable.

As for power it is dismal compared to BBT but it isn't intended to be as powerful either. It is just another tool like an RX-20, Turbo Spinner, Stair Tool, Dri-Pod etc etc... we will have to take care of our clients needs. We did go ahead & get the heated model also & it heats quickly so we aren't disappointed at all. There are no plans for anything more than spotting with it though due to power.

Billy

Name
BH
Santana said:
I gotcha, we do the same.....up until the day I run over it with my 4x4.

I bet your Land Rover would nuke it Billy! LIKE!

Hm... I do have two older Century machines, you have me thinking. would the real rob allen please stand up?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I have also looked at spotting machines with heat. To me they are all lacking teeth. Seems all small things being sold have no baall's. I like the dry vapor steamer 100 Psi 365 degrees F. temp.gauge,and no pump with the upholstery tool and vacuum. Very small and light weight.Upholstery tool has a see through cover so you can see the dirt coming through. Totally kicks ass for spotting.Must be careful and go fast so as not to cause heat related damage. Makes life much easier.Also great for paint,gum and oil removal. Never have to beat yourself up,and if it dose not come out it never will with anything else. I still pre-treat with the proper chem's if it appears to be a tough one, just because you got one shot to get it out or you can permanently set the stain with that kind of heat.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
danielc said:
I really don't see why you would need heat in a spotting machine when you can fill it with hot tap water.
No comparison to using a 365 degree F 100Psi. dry vapor steamer as mentioned above.

Name
I'm Rick James
Mardie said:
danielc said:
I really don't see why you would need heat in a spotting machine when you can fill it with hot tap water.
No comparison to using a 365 degree F 100Psi. dry vapor steamer as mentioned above.

How hot does the Von Schrader get?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Caduceus said:
Mardie said:
danielc said:

How hot does the Von Schrader get?
Warm to hot tap water
Will not take out gum or paint without pre-treating as an example

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom