Releasit DS2 on Residential!!

Rick J

Name
rick Jones

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Why don’t you ladies and a little ginger ale? Then you can have screwdriver belinnis while your playing bridge and looking at Mikey’s Board on your doodlebugs. 😂😂😂

Condog

Name
Tony
Show that video to a residential customer with babies crawling on the floor.

Then realize I’m stirring the pot. I like and use encap. Not on residential, but I used to.
Pack your bag you're going on a guilt trip. There's gonna be a line to put you on the shame train.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use a 15 inch brush pro for agitation on lots of jobs. Most of the time, when I finish scrubbing, the carpet looks great. If I was using an encap, I could walk away and say it's done but I know what's still in the carpet and flush it anyway. It's different on cgd. You don't have the same depth of pile hiding the piles of soil.

Reactions: sassyotto

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I use a 15 inch brush pro for agitation on lots of jobs. Most of the time, when I finish scrubbing, the carpet looks great. If I was using an encap, I could walk away and say it's done but I know what's still in the carpet and flush it anyway. It's different on cgd. You don't have the same depth of pile hiding the piles of soil.
Same here. I used to beat the encap drum and defend it long as I used absorbent pads on residential carpet. I was wrong.

It kicks ass on commercial all the time.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Same here. I used to beat the encap drum and defend it long as I used absorbent pads on residential carpet. I was wrong.

It kicks ass on commercial all the time.
I think if you were diligent enough, you can an acceptable job with absorbent pads. In my opinion, you have to keep changing pads until they don't show any more soil. How many pads and reapplications of product would it take on a heavily soiled carpet? I have no idea but I suspect it would be easier to hwe it instead.

Reactions: Rick J and BIG WOOD

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I think if you were diligent enough, you can an acceptable job with absorbent pads. In my opinion, you have to keep changing pads until they don't show any more soil. How many pads and reapplications of product would it take on a heavily soiled carpet? I have no idea but I suspect it would be easier to hwe it instead.
You’re right, with enough weight and pads, it’s doable, but makes no sense.

revitalize

Name
adrian
If you are actually deal

If you are actually dealing with the “HomeOwner” who bought the carpet. Then yes.
But if you are dealing with tenant who’s been stomping tacos in the traffic lanes and letting their pets shit the place up then everything is out the window as far as CRI, Mohawk and Shaw are concerned. The PM wants you to make it presentable for the next property abuser so they don’t have to replace it
Only little Miss Suzy perfect carpet who gets out of the shower to piss in her gated community gives a rats ass about a warranty. And for the majority of us suck-moppers, that is not or customer base.
There is no warranty provided by the manufacturers on carpet in apartments. Commercial carpet in hallways, common areas, etc are a different story. Jiggle away it doesnt matter from the manufacturers perspective. If you take section 8 money, the carpet "needs" to be replaced either every 5 or 7 years but I don't remember which one specifically to comply with the rules.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If you take section 8 money, the carpet "needs" to be replaced either every 5 or 7 years but I don't remember which one specifically to comply with the rules.

What rules, Adrian ?

There's no HUD regs that say that I'm aware of
No state ones either (in Ohio)
WI state regs mileage may vary

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

To the subject of sCampoo scrub 'n run is res...
It's the scummiest way there is to clean res

I know it
you know it
and if you don't know it, you're ignorant af

period

..L.T.A.

revitalize

Name
adrian
Sorry I misspoke about the requirement, the last time I saw a document it stated that it was required, however after a little digging, the misinformation was in regards to life expectancy and how to charge in the event of damage;

page 7

If we are stating that scampooing voids warranties my point was that it doesn't matter in rental units because no warranty is provided by the manufacturer and I would agree it is not my preferred method for residential/rental cleaning. Have I done it to complete a job, yes, did I feel great about it, no. However, scampooing is fully embraced by the mills for commercial carpet as part of their maintenance plan, note they still also require HWE as part of said plan;

Section 4 and 5

Also says don't use spin bonnets.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no disagreement , Adrian

and yea, I've encRap'd empties that were just too much PITA to TM
and yeah, I always feel a "little dirty" about it cause I know kids and grandkids may be crawling around on it

Scrub 'n run is a scummy way to clean.....just saying

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom