Releasit DS2 on Residential!!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Since when does that matter, most are just blathering anyway. Like the one you’ve been batting it back and forth with. (and me)

sassyotto

Name
Paul
personally, Im open to suggestions on any aspect related to the carpet cleaning business. Thats why Im here. Heck, I started out cleaning with HOST. I have changed over the years and the cleaning results prove it. The industry changes: equipment, cleaning products and systems.

I also have learned that there are a lot of opinions out there. And a lot of people claim this and that. Problem is that there are some that actually will believe it just because someone said so with disregard for what the industry experts say

Reactions: KSL and Cleanworks

randy

Name
Randy
We’re seeing more and more cleaners doing good encap work on residential. Your pics prove it can be done.

Now we await the reply from Jimmy. :razz:

You know Rick I have been meaning to call you. You need a new super CHEAP product and should call it JIMMY JUICE, THE SHAMPOO of SHAMPOOS. NO crystallization to worry about having to vacuum out but it cleans as well as ZEP from Home Depot. Best of all you can buy it just like WEN hair care on a subscription basis for only $39 a month.

Get to work on the video and ship Jimmy the first pallet. COD

• Haha
Reactions: encapman

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
oblivious to the newer methods and technology that give superior results.

nah
Fact is, most don't know what "superior" looks like or is

most custys don't either
as evidenced by the many reputable and suce$$ful outfits like Stanley and Hogopians of the world ...that have plenty repeat custys

NOTE, I'm not knocking Stan or Hogopian
(our local Stan is a pretty good outfit, and I know Hogopian is a good outfit)
But they're in 'n out soap depensing wanders and are no comparison to the outfits that use pre-spray regular
Let alone vac and scrub before extract

..L.T.A.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
today was a prime example of what I am talking about.

First let me state that I absolutely HATE upholstery cleaning.

Today I cleaned a sofa and two recliners. Since they were heavily soiled I presprayed heavy and used a hand bonnet to agitate, then rinse with softened water. After I was completely finished I removed the solution line from the Saphire upholstery tool and noticed that the valve was completely closed so all the while I was not actually rinsing just taking the excess prespray out.

Customer walks in and said it looks great. I know it looks clean but I also know its not clean. Its Friday, had a long week and could have easily took the money and walked.

So what do I do? Take the time to rinse it all - doing the right thing.

Thats the difference.

I will sleep well at night.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don’t like cleaning upholstery much either. I’m so slow at it that I have to price really high to make any money. I’m changing west coast rates in south Alabama!

Mikey P

Administrator
today was a prime example of what I am talking about.

First let me state that I absolutely HATE upholstery cleaning.

Today I cleaned a sofa and two recliners. Since they were heavily soiled I presprayed heavy and used a hand bonnet to agitate, then rinse with softened water. After I was completely finished I removed the solution line from the Saphire upholstery tool and noticed that the valve was completely closed so all the while I was not actually rinsing just taking the excess prespray out.

Customer walks in and said it looks great. I know it looks clean but I also know its not clean. Its Friday, had a long week and could have easily took the money and walked.

So what do I do? Take the time to rinse it all - doing the right thing.

Thats the difference.

I will sleep well at night.

Same thing happened to me once with the HOSS on a carpet

Only I didn't realize it until I got to the next job

I went back to rinse it but they never called again.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Way way long ago using my original 2 head rotovac powerwand; pre sprayed heavy and start to go to town extracting. Long ass pull weight far away from the truck and a crappy trashed old apartment. for a minute just ran the power wand with no solution it look great LOL !

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Way way long ago using my original 2 head rotovac powerwand; pre sprayed heavy and start to go to town extracting. Long ass pull weight far away from the truck and a crappy trashed old apartment. for a minute just ran the power wand with no solution it look great LOL !
and you left all that prespray behind to damage and resoil the carpet.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
encapped a total POS rental apt on thursday.. only other option was to pull hoses in the rain through a dirt side area that was turning muddy. Place was a real dump and it cleaned up great with the Vibe so I slept like a baby that night.

also did the local zoo in seattle last week, no access for TM being it was a cafe inside the zoo.. really tough almost rubbery carpet tiles. Encap cleaned it really well but the super zorb pads were pulling so much scum they were soiling all the way though so I couldnt flip them.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Save it for those "One time cleans" who you will never see again.
Hack it out , collect the check.............and git on down the road

Reactions: Hack Attack

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I know lots about VLM and did it exclusively for years, almost all residential, so I feel I'm qualified to speak to it the way I'm about to.

Because it was a part time gig and I didn't have enough money to get a TM, I fell into the rhetoric and drank the VLM Kool Aid, talking about soaked, moldy carpet from HWE and all that.

My uncle (partner) bought a Legend with my money and I still wouldn't sway from the VLM methodology, because "water and carpet aren't a good mix".

I started getting lots of basement extraction subcontracts, so I bought another small TM for my truck, with no intention of using it to clean carpet. Finally used it for carpet and have not looked back.

With residential carpet, there is just no comparison in how much gunk gets removed between the two methods. When I started seeing the chocolate mike and foam coming out of my waste tank, I knew I had some apologizing to do with some customers, even though I always left their homes with great looking carpet that looked really clean.

I own an Orbot, Two Mytee ECOs and two Cimexs and VLM is amazing on CGD.

I have some high-end customers that get their carpet cleaned twice per year... We HWE the first time, VLM the second... that works great.

Problem is now people are spending a few hundred bucks on a used rotary, some chems, pads and business cards and starting their very own business. They're spewing the same rhetoric I used to and then they proceed to go out there and devalue our industry even more.

I had a guy post on MY FACEBOOK AD of a simple video of my wand cutting through some nasty residential carpet. He posted "you need to tell these people your cleaning method will leave their carpet wet for days and make their home unhealthy with mold. Do the right thing and refer them to a dry carpet cleaner."

I deleted his post, but still... it's out there.

If you go to VLM FB groups (there's a really good one) you immediately see how defensive those guys are about their method. They get defensive even when there's nothing to be defensive about. I feel like most of them simply cannot afford a TM, so they craft their argument to support their preferred narrative.

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Porty peeps are about as bad. Everyone has to #justify what they do, they think. Someone wrote, TM guys are Selling their machine for fear of looking like a hack.😳😂😂

Reactions: Meter Maid

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom