RESOILING Whos to blame?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I find that their is a 1970,s attitude toward what is to blame for resoiling issues.Mainly soaps that leave a sticky dirt attracting residue behind as was so common many many years ago.
I can see that some janitorial and low end chemical manufactuerers do still produce and sell these sticky dirt attracting chems. I can not see high end manufactuerers putting sticky dirt attracting cleaning agent on the market in this year 2012
The main culpret i see as far as leaving sticky dirt attracting residue in the carpet is the pre sprays that are being produced today. The idea of using a prespray that fills the carpet with sticky dirt attracting residue is insane. ie:flush flush flush to get that all out.How often do you guys think this is flushed out propperly ? ie: anyone ever waterclaw a laundrey detergent spill?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It's up to the end-user to be familiar with what they are using, and if their water source is properly rinsing it.

Whatever chemicals your talking about, no one here is using, so.......what are you getting at??????

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Pre-sprays aren't always the culprit. Rinsing agents based mostly of citric acid can cause this issue as well. Citric acid is very sticky, don't let the word acid fool you. It does help rinse out pre-spray but once it dries it causes the issue. Of course it also depends on what other components are in the rinse, as they may counteract the sticky affect.

Reactions: Mardie

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
was so common many many years ago............ still produce and sell these sticky dirt attracting chems........... I can not see high end manufactuerers putting sticky dirt attracting cleaning agent on the market in this year 2012...........
The main culpret i see as far as leaving sticky dirt attracting residue in the carpet is the pre sprays that are being produced today.

Please clarify the time period your referencing.
First you say that the low end manufacturers are putting them out, then you seem to lump together todays presprays.

Are you saying that most presprays produced today are leaving a soil attracting residue??

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
It's up to the end-user to be familiar with what they are using, and if their water source is properly rinsing it.

Whatever chemicals your talking about, no one here is using, so.......what are you getting at??????

Well i guess i learn somthing new every day. Thought that an improperly rinsed prespray would leave a sticky residue.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The point i was making was that pre spraying with a product that leaves a dirt attracting residue is just wrong.It just adds another demention to the cleaning process.

if you cleaning process is done correct in the first place..then this is not even factored in..... again..........it not about what you put down.....it all about what you remove...

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Please clarify the time period your referencing.
First you say that the low end manufacturers are putting them out, then you seem to lump together todays presprays.

Are you saying that most presprays produced today are leaving a soil attracting residue??

Was talking about the soaps of the past not presprays of today. Did not say low end manufactuerers where putting them out but rather that i can see that they would because they are low end.
Yes i am saying that many of todays presprays will leave a very sticky residue behind if not properly rinced.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Agree on done correctly. How often do you think it is not done correctly ?

in the real world..who knows....I am more then sure that most of us on this board have gone to a job at some point in time and the homeowner has mentioned that they aren't using the cleaner that they had before because it seemed like the carpets have gotten dirty to fast..........

this industry is no different then any other out there.....you have.... the good....the bad....and the ones who still need help tying there own shoes...........

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I always thought that resoiling was from messy kids, incontinent pets and crap tracked in from outside.

What do I know?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think some people are ignorant on how they're cleaning, but then again I also think some just don't care as long as the check cashes, or the credit card goes through. As Jim said you have the good and the bad. The goal you should be looking to achieve is maximum soil removal with minimal residue left behind. You're never going to remove it all, no matter if you use rotary extraction, mechanical agitation, the slowest vacuuming, slowest wand stroke.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Is your point to inform everyone of your revelation that not properly rinsing your prespray will result in resoling due to residue??
This is common knowledge that is easily remedied with a basic understanding of the cleaning process and decent equipment.
It's not that difficult to achieve.

In light of the potential shortcomings of hwe you have exposed here, is there another system you endorse as being superior??

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Rapid resoil there are a few reasons residue from self spotter, sugar drink spills that wick from the pad, and soap spills from a customer.

I tell people if you take a piece of tape put it on the carpet and pull it up the adhesive will attract soil faster and grab dirt off the shoe.

So sticky hot spots how often do we subsurface a soda spill? Proper chemistry helps but back in the day you would see an over resoil /wick cleaning the carpet gets it dirtier faster? Or is it soil load in the carpet?

Resoil does have a lot to do with use and some to do with bad chemistry.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't agree with the presprays, I think it has more to do with the amateur chemists that many cleaners can't refrain from becoming. Some people can't use a product as designed, they feel the next to mix and brew a secret batch of chems they feel works better than a true chemist can design. Often these concoctions are mixed with different brands of chems not designed to be mixed together. Low quality boosters that work great at breaking up impacted soil but need time spent flushing that is not always given.

Foam cleaners that think there are doing a great job but instead load the carpet full of soil attracting goo. ;) Gotcha Mardie! LOL

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Is your point to inform everyone of your revelation that not properly rinsing your prespray will result in resoling due to residue??
This is common knowledge that is easily remedied with a basic understanding of the cleaning process and decent equipment.

In light of the potential shortcomings of hwe you have exposed here, is there another system you endorse as being superior??

I think hes still trying to justify his reasons for using a von schrader system. If you say it enough you'll believe its true.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I think hes still trying to justify his reasons for using a von schrader system. If you say it enough you'll believe its true.

VON SCHRADER!!!

LOVE IT! :)

I Started my whole carpet cleaning venture with Von Schrader. Although I was brain washed for a short time, and have moved on to HWE. Von Schrader is a great system on CGD. It is ideal for certain situations. Very few does it work better than Bonnet/Cimex/Encap but most CGD with no spots just basic soil I would strongly go towards VS.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
VON SCHRADER!!!

. Although I was brain washed for a short time,.

for some reason the mind control chip installed in Racine dies sooner in some than others

yes Mardie, some pre-sprays and detergents are harder to rinse out.
some leave more troublesome residue as well

"who's to blame" for rapid re-soil???
"IF" due to juice, or sCampoo used, the operator

I don't want to make this a scampoo vs steam thread, cause your question is valid ..but I'm curious ...can you tell us what's in VS shampoo that makes the residue you leave behind less offensive?
NOT what VS told you...I mean what do you "really" know about the chemistry that makes their shampoo better than the myriad of other pixie dust shampoos on the market...cause they ALL make the same claims

BTW, do you know that most all powdered emulsifier extraction detergent are formulated to dry to a brittle, non sticky residue?
....just like your VS sCampoo??

..l.T.A.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Just pre treat lightly, agitate or rotovac with fiber rinse real well and you will be good.

Name
jack zerkie
I like to see what comes out for the first cleaning. I do dump into the grass and watch for a florida snow man from the dirty water.Wow sometime the foam really piles up. Then after a second or third cleaning mostly just dirty water. I don,t think that most people listen to what you tell them for spot cleaning and use whatever they have making it worse. I say use water only if that doesn,t work call jack. The people that have pet problems are told if they care, to use water and a wet dry shop vac and do not spray anything on the problem. jz.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

This is not about the method it is about presprays that can cause problems that otherwise would not exist. Why do chemical companies produce this crap. I believe It is about the money.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

I have seen the resoiling issue brought up so many times since i have been on this board and given that this is primarily a hwe board i always see the the finger being pointed at other methods for being responsible for leaving dirt atracting residues. I find it funny that some of you hwe guys got your shit in a knot over this post when what you should be doing is aknowledging the truth and telling your chemical companies to stop producing this crap or make suggestions on presprays that do not complicate the cleaning process.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I don't agree with the presprays, I think it has more to do with the amateur chemists that many cleaners can't refrain from becoming. Some people can't use a product as designed, they feel the next to mix and brew a secret batch of chems they feel works better than a true chemist can design. Often these concoctions are mixed with different brands of chems not designed to be mixed together. Low quality boosters that work great at breaking up impacted soil but need time spent flushing that is not always given.

Foam cleaners that think there are doing a great job but instead load the carpet full of soil attracting goo. ;) Gotcha Mardie! LOL

I am surprised you know so little about a company that has a 75 year history and is still going strong.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I like to see what comes out for the first cleaning. I do dump into the grass and watch for a florida snow man from the dirty water.Wow sometime the foam really piles up. Then after a second or third cleaning mostly just dirty water. I don,t think that most people listen to what you tell them for spot cleaning and use whatever they have making it worse. I say use water only if that doesn,t work call jack. The people that have pet problems are told if they care, to use water and a wet dry shop vac and do not spray anything on the problem. jz.

I tell them the same use a little water and wick it out with a cotton towel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom