Restuarant Cleaning ??

S

steamclean

How do you guys handle this;
If they (the customer) get the carpet cleaned once a year do you charge much more since the greasy areas are so thick compared to say cleaning it every 3 or 4 months?
It is hard work when using a RX20 and having to clean, prespray with Power burst, clean again, repeating 2 or 3 times.

Thanks
Ron

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
always charge for your time. if they won't pay then move on. you could clean a small area with the rx to show your stuff so that the next guy would have to really get it clean to compete. he can see it's worth paying extra for a better job. some wines are 10 per bottle some are 50, just like carpet cleaners. which is better ?

gene

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Too many times I've under quoted restaurants, not realising how dirty they are. Always expect it to take more time, and always quote on that basis in my opinion. Most small restaurants are unlikely to stick to a 3 or four monthly plan.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Always charge what your time is worth. I try to get $100 per hr solo and $200 per hr with my helper. May I suggest trying enzall boosted with citrus solv mixed very hot and steam it as hot as your truck will go. The hotter the better.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
For restaurants I require a service agreement and a cleaning frequency of 6 weeks or less. The first 2 cleanings are done at a higher rate than the normal maintenance plan pricing. I also make sure that WE are the ones moving furniture and vacuuming as it keeps individual managers happy and helps make us invisible which is a goal in the commercial arena if you want the account long term. Let the customer's employee laziness and apathy work in your favor... Why make them hate seeing you walk in the door?

As for saving time good heat, chemistry & pre-scrubbing your pre-spray is going to be a life saver... Mechanical agitation is going to be your best friend. On your second cleaning put down some protector, it pays for itself. Solvent based is generally best for oily soils. Also, get a key & YOUR OWN alarm code if applicable... Like moving furniture it keeps managers happy when they don't have to wait for you to arrive & to finish up, it also allows you to service multiple locations per night. The unique alarm code also lets them track when you were in the building and gives them a means of making sre you're not sneaking in and making sadwiches at your leisure (not that you'd do that)...

A few forms and such are available for download at: http://encapstore.com/BusinessResources.html

I hope that helps...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom