Results of my Judson's O2 vs Power Max testing

hogjowl

Idiot™
Three or four weeks ago, I saw a thread, on another board, where a dude stated that he used Larry's Power Max because it worked as good as O2, and it was "three or four times less expensive". I publically doubted his price saving claim.

As a result of his response to me, and his explanation of how much PM costs, and the mixing ratio at which he was using it, I decided to test PM for myself, to see if this guy was shooting more Daves.

Well, it's been two week now, and I have tested the two side by side on everything I routinely run across (with the singel exception of a good greasy restaurant), and, so far, PM has compared favorably to O2, when mixed at 2 oz's per gallon. At 1.5 oz it is a bit too weak to compare well to O2.

So, the dude was correct. PM is less expensive that O2, and works just as well as O2 on residential carpets, and on all the commercial carpets I have used it on ... which has not included a nasty restaurant.

PS Please, no phone calls. Autographs will be provided at the TCS customer appreciation day later this month.

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
Throw some formula 70 in the pm for that greasy restaurant, it'll make for single pass carpet cleaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Three or four weeks ago, I saw a thread, on another board, where a dude stated that he used Larry's Power Max because it worked as good as O2, and it was "three or four times less expensive". I publically doubted his price saving claim.

As a result of his response to me, and his explanation of how much PM costs, and the mixing ratio at which he was using it, I decided to test PM for myself, to see if this guy was shooting more Daves.

Well, it's been two week now, and I have tested the two side by side on everything I routinely run across (with the singel exception of a good greasy restaurant), and, so far, PM has compared favorably to O2, when mixed at 2 oz's per gallon. At 1.5 oz it is a bit too weak to compare well to O2.

So, the dude was correct. PM is less expensive that O2, and works just as well as O2 on residential carpets, and on all the commercial carpets I have used it on ... which has not included a nasty restaurant.

PS Please, no phone calls. Autographs will be provided at the TCS customer appreciation day later this month.

Carpet Cleaners can't even read . . .

It would clean 4 times better if you used it @ the correct dilution. :icon_rolleyes:

{ 2 oz. per gallon is only for Dynachem HX Truckmounts. }

Tell Jeff to order more of it, for the CAD celebration.

Larry

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry

Your banner rate just went up by 3 times.

Please submit the payment and additional artwork (300 by 250} as soon as possible.

may I suggest the the banner design be a restaurant sandwich board with a handwritten description of the soup d'jour...?

Thank you for your continued support, see you next month.

Satan.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Was that you in the dark hooded robe on "The Bible" Easter special ?

or was it closer to Obama.

Larry

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you and good to know Marty.
Now if Larry C. will recommend it, I may consider buying it, as long as I don't have to deal with Larry's sales staff :winky:.

P.S. Marty, have you used Red Line? Be interesting if you compare.

Larry, do you offer PM without the "lingering" additional scent. Over here most people prefer no fragrance. And if some scent (the real delimo is ok as it goes away almost immediately) no lingering. What makes it attractive to some, makes it a no no for others.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
No. I don't recall ever hearing of that product.

Have them send me a sample of it and I will be glad to do side by side testing.

However, at the moment I am trying to decide if I will continue with O2, or make the full switch to PM.

As soon as I decide to make the switch ... will Larry's folks screw up my next order?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
keep a little of the O2 and use it as a kicker on those areas in front of couches that doesnt quiet come up......use it in a pump up....

Mikey P

Administrator
Red LINE.

I use lots of it but with out any peroxide or d'limo in it, it's not the Silver BUlly Mert is looking for, more of an everyday non white trash cleaner upper.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I use 2oz per gal of PM for all but heavily soiled carpets with good results however, I KNOW my results wouldn't be as good without the rinse I use. Just out of curiosity, what did you use as a rinse/emulsifier, if any?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a gallon of that 02 laying around so I tried it friday and mixed it 2 oz per gallon and sprayed with my multisprayer.

I got lots of foam in my vac line because of it.

Didn't work any better than the stuff I'm using now.

You can have it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Jimmy has always lived in a parallel universe.

I always use O2 at 2 oz. per gallon, but I also always mix in 1/2 oz of the Judson Hot Sauce per gallon. I never have to mix it at 4 oz's, except for the nasty restaurants. I always use the Judson rinse.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Red LINE.

I use lots of it but with out any peroxide or d'limo in it, it's not the Silver BUlly Mert is looking for, more of an everyday non white trash cleaner upper.

I have goine thru quite a bit of redline..but in that category I would rather have Shawn Forsythe's Kleenline prespray. It worked great when I used it but I always used it with 40volume mixed in...their mango (i think) deodorizer was the best smelling stuff ever..

Shawn should tell his company to put up a few cases here as a raffle.. I think non Californians would order plenty of the stuff after trying it out. I need to swing by and pick up a bucket too...

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thank you and good to know Marty.
Now if Larry C. will recommend it, .

it's a very good product Ofer .
MUCH better than 02, which i never thought much of.
how it became such a sensation here at one time shows the power of the board de jour phenomenon..cause it ain't chit at 2oz pr gal (and not all that great at 4oz pr gal either )
Slop 'n Gobble is very good though (but not at the silly low dilution rate that's suggested)

back to PM ..it's a very good pre-spray, but if your custys don't like fragrance, you may have some issues .
It's smells GREAT to "me" and most "normal" people.
but i figure you're cleaning for whacked out weirdos that use scent free laundry detergents and have been brainwashed to associate the smell of Bounce or Fabreez drier sheets with poison :winky:

at strong dilutes needed for heavy soil, the fragrance is strong .
at the silly HIGH dilutes suggested on the label , the fragrance can be overpowering even to MY tar and nicotine stained nose hairs

so buy a jar to try before you order a bucket
Buy a jar of S&G too..it has little to no fragrance and is a good product as well

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Slop and Gobble is not very practical for use by anyone but apartment hacks and section 8 housing cleaners. It's pH is way to high for daily use by any quality oriented cleaner. Why carry such a high pH cleaner when there are products that clean just as well with lower pH?

I just got a PM from a guy who cautioned me about "resoiling" issues related to PM use. I think the guy is a good cleaner with a fairly good head on his shoulders who I trust.

Anybody else had resoiling issues with it?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what's the Ph on PM, Marty?

and the d'lime you're slinging ain't the best rinsing chem, you know....

for the record, we don't use either of those products on any of our res custy's carpets.
My sister and aunt's carpets don't get that soiled
They live in a hi-end trailer park

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
what's the Ph on PM, Marty?

and the d'lime you're slinging ain't the best rinsing chem, you know....

for the record, we don't use either of those products on any of our res custy's carpets.
My sister and aunt's carpets don't get that soiled
They live in a hi-end trailer park

..L.T.A.

The pH of PM is 10.5, I believe.

What does the rinseability of O2 have to do with PM? Is this a straw man topic?

Mikey P

Administrator
I just got a PM from a guy who cautioned me about "resoiling" issues related to PM use. I think the guy is a good cleaner with a fairly good head on his shoulders who I trust.

Was he using a rinse with it?
Judson 02 and any other prespray with D'limo needs a pretty strong rinse to get all that oily residue out.

Slop does not. I went through at least 6 BUCKETS of it and never had any issues with residue. If the high pH was stripping warranties, the homeowner nor I will never know.

But at $260 a bucket plus shipping I had to find a cheaper trashed cleaner. Enz All works exactly the same, has a more chemy odor but I get it for a killer price.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The pH of PM is 10.5, I believe.

What does the rinseability of O2 have to do with PM? Is this a straw man topic?

you seemed to concerned about resoiling issues

seemed to be concerned about Ph too
That's why i asked how much you were boosting the Ph with Jud's booster added to your 02

I don't put straw men out til Halloween

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Again, who said anything about rinsing O2? We already know it needs a rinsing agent. PM is supposed to be rinseable with water only.

I don't know about you guys, but I clean a substantial amount of carpet that is still under factory warranty. (Not that that necessarily means much, but still ...) I don't want to do ANYTHING that can cause a possible issue for my customers.

I have enough sense to monitor the use of my products and titrate their use in accordance to the needs of my customers, but put those same choices in the hands of an employee, and no matter how much you train them, they will still opt for the strongest solution available on most jobs.

Mikey P

Administrator
titrate?

is that Bammy for "dictate"?

My saying is always, any carpet that needs a product like Slop, Powermax or Enz All to get it clean has had the warranty violated long ago.

For everyday, one or two year old resi carpet owned by responsible adults, I like products like Redline, or PreKleen

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
back to PM ..it's a very good pre-spray, but if your custys don't like fragrance, you may have some issues .
It's smells GREAT to "me" and most "normal" people.
but i figure you're cleaning for whacked out weirdos that use scent free laundry detergents and have been brainwashed to associate the smell of Bounce or Fabreez drier sheets with poison :winky:
..L.T.A.
Sheesh Larry, not sure about these "compliments" regarding my clients. I just looked in the mirror- seemed relatively normal :winky:
They don't associate smell ("fregrance") with toxins, they associate it with one more sensory overload. It's called awareness!:icon_redface:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sheesh Larry, not sure about these "compliments" regarding my clients. I just looked in the mirror- seemed relatively normal :winky:

normAl ..when in Rome
the rest of the wOrld likes things that schmell nice....:icon_cool:

They don't associate smell ("fregrance") with toxins, they associate it with one more sensory overload. It's called awareness!:icon_redface:

years ago i worked with a guy at the shop
He bathed regularly, but for some damn reason didn't wear deodorant...
I've experienced "sensory overload" and was quite "aware", i promise ...:icon_redface:

actually i do the know the reason.. his wife had severe allergies to any fragrance

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
unless your a moron, resoiling IS NOT AN ISSUE...for either PM or S&G

these pics are from jobs that were 1 year apart...before...way nasty and i hit it hard....also these are houses that have HARD use on them.....and no they didnt care about the red....

2012-03-13_12-28-01_120.jpg

2012-03-13_12-53-11_102.jpg

after a year

20130322_100625.jpg

20130322_105025.jpg

1st cleaning....REAL DIRTY
2012-03-13_11-54-44_540.jpg

Same spot 1 year later.....NOT as dirty...hence no resoiling issue
20130322_095606.jpg

NASTY TRAFFIC out of the kitchen
20121017_131026.jpg

This one is about 9 mths I think.....Bad traffic area...but NO RESOILING....
20130315_133131.jpg

We always recommend cleaning at around the 12 mth mark right?? depending on the circumstance.....well here you go....9 & 12 mth pictures.....dirty and ready to be cleaned...yes......nasty like the 1st go round...no

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenTechAgain

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom