Rich cleaner system

Beeks

Name
J.R.
anyone got the chance to use this or anything that Joe Polish does in success for there business? Im still new to the game, but expanding rapidly and don't want to get to far ahead of myself if there are other ways/ideas i should be implementing into my business.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
It couldn't hurt.....well maybe your wallet might suffer. :p

If it were me I'd check out SFS first then progress to the Guru's if you still feel the need.

i hear ya, money not really a deciding factor....im 100% going to SFS next Jan or Feb when they come back to FLA, so depending on the response maybe ill just wait for that

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If you'd have to stay overnight anyway I would not wait till then to go to SFS. The only additional cost is the flight to another location.

Like Richard said, do that then move on to other options if they suit your style and needs.

Reactions: Beeks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Damn! Ken beat me to it, why wait?

You'll be much further ahead when they come back for the Florida class next year. By then I'd go a second time to fill in the answers to the questions you didn't have at the first class.

I would not wait, I seek out the closest class and sign up, your business will definitely benefit from it.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
go point ken and doc, the only thing is, the wife is 7 1/2 months prego and is supposed to pop in the beginning of June, so regardless its gonna be 4-5 months till i can get away for that period of time, but ill deff keep that in mind towards the end of the year!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
In china, she'd be back in the factory the next day and by 3 months the baby would be weaving rugs :eek::eek: . Seriously hope everything processes smoothly for your wife!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

team chile

Name
Frank Jacob
I have used Joe's stuff in the past. The copy and style is good,but you have to invest in it and be consistent. If you are not ready to use the strategies consistently, then you will not get results. I kinda like Howard Partridge's system. He actually helps you on the business side and relationship building. I have used his systems and I have increased my sales by 50k last year. Also, Howard does events throughout the whole year. Joe, well, if you are not in his 25k club, forget it.

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are all at different levels so I really can't speak without assuming what would help him.

For me the first time I went it was all a benefit. That first day with Chuck was grueling but I was furiously taking notes, he has benchmark numbers that few have, our accountants don't have access to these numbers. We had years previously had Chuck to our place for some one on one consulting at 4x the cost of class, so I can tell you first hand SFS is a bargain!

Seeing that it's much more than just satisfied clients but value added and the experience more than just a good job.

Marty there is truly so much he will exposed to that make that class much higher on list than starting out with the Guru's. If you go and still feel the need for one, then by all means do so.

SFS at least gives a good base from where to go next,whether it's on your own reading Bill's best sellers list or letting other do the investigative and giving you the answers in there perspective at the cost of a few bucks, is truly up to the individual.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't think you answered my question, Richard.

When I went, I came away with the feeling that what I had just experienced was a great gain for me, but I was glad I went after several years at the helm of my own business. I see now, and I saw then, many people advising new business owners to beat a path to SFS as soon as possible, implying that there was much to gain for a newby to put into place that would insure their successful operation into the future. While nothing I learned at SFS would make a new business fail, there was limited material presented there that I felt would be of immediate benefit.

New businesses are most interested in what will get the phone to ring , how to manage production and properly manage their money. There's not much at SFS that will get the phone ringing. Thus I would not suggest a new guy spend his money on SFS for that purpose over calling Howard, or John Braun. There is a little bit at SFS that helps with the production mgmt, I suppose, but most of my class was dedicated to building an operation manual with specific tasks spelled out. Most new guys will be well versed in the basics of how they will clean, and will have no problem managing their production with their part time or ever full time helper. It's when they get into that second helper and maybe a 2nd truck when they can have the time and the reason to start building systems into their business.

Managing the money is the one single thing (Chuck's portion) that would have immediate and beneficial impact on that single operator, just starting out, with one helper.

But that doesn't really help answer this guys question.

Does he call Howard to get the phone to ring, or does he go to SFS and learn how to sell set up systems in his business first?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I found it very beneficial the part on centers of influence. That's really the core of how we currently market, it's low cost, you build relationships and through those relationships you grow the 300 people they know and it continues to grow exponentially.

I've seen some of the stuff the other guys are selling and truthfully its not much better that the crap I produce. I'll give you it may have abetter written message but it still lacks.

If you really think that he will be better served by the Sharks first then by all means recommend he open up his wallet and go for the gold! I mean open up your wallet and give up your gold! :p

Gawwwd i quack myself up!
262357fb-a303-4b7a-a847-25ba370098a5_zps50a3d681.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I hear what you are saying Marty and certainly there are probably some in the category you described, but most in the classes I have been to were in need of big portions of what SFS offers- most especially "Seeing Through The Customer Eyeglasses", operations help, advertising and marketing concepts and like you did say some basic business/financial understanding.

It is cool to agree to disagree Marty and I would say if a guy has no money and no business coming in the last thing he can afford to do is take a week away from his business and spend money on a hotel (possibly the class), food etc. The program to me is geared to OO's or medium to larger companies that are well funded, even if they haven't actually started up yet

Beeks

Name
J.R.
like i was saying previously money is not the issue, i would like to take the next step in advancing my company no matter what the route it is, just want to choose the right one. From what it sounds like they are both good options, so for the simple fact the i wont be able to get SFS untill Jan/Feb, for now, im trying to add something to my arsenal before then, which sounds like a "guru" of some sorts. After looking at Howard and Polish, im leaning towards polish for the simple fact that he specifically identifies with carpet cleaners. Maybe i haven't done enough research on the other options but that is my take, feel free to chime in here.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not a fan of the other programs but that is just my meaningless opinion.

For now you can go to the sfs website, they have tons of free downloads.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
SFS helped me even before I opened. It was easier to have some knowledge of how the industry works and also to recognize some thing on first bite. I went again and was also able to look forward to the areas I felt would help me the most this time. Also allowed me to see the professional aspect of the business. I would go ASAP Maybe even bring your wife for a VIP women's perspective.

Reactions: Beeks

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
are you an owner/operator, do you have techs?
Steve Marsh has a program to help O/O's
There wasn't really a specific strategy I used from Joe that helped me. At the time I came across his material, I was maxed out, looking for a way to improve. I had been in busn for 3yrs, had my tm for a year after starting with a porty. There were no boards back then, just Cleanfax magazine and Joe. Howard came along a few years later. The boards are the biggest source of information now.
For me, it was learning to take a risk to raise my price. Helped me to step away from the crowd. The other was a lot of little things to position myself in the publics eyes. Much of it is the basics we learn on the board, consistent image, ie uniform, cards, rack cards, invoices, van, advertisements, all with a good USP. Steve's coaching program really helped me to get the right mindset.
I live in a small community where many commute to the city, one road out, so one time I just took the truck and parked it on the road so everyone had to drive by it. I sat there and read a book for an hour or two, from 6-8am. You could have a sign made up with a special or whatever to hang on your truck, park there during rush hour, then go to work after.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
are you an owner/operator, do you have techs?
Steve Marsh has a program to help O/O's
There wasn't really a specific strategy I used from Joe that helped me. At the time I came across his material, I was maxed out, looking for a way to improve. I had been in busn for 3yrs, had my tm for a year after starting with a porty. There were no boards back then, just Cleanfax magazine and Joe. Howard came along a few years later. The boards are the biggest source of information now.
For me, it was learning to take a risk to raise my price. Helped me to step away from the crowd. The other was a lot of little things to position myself in the publics eyes. Much of it is the basics we learn on the board, consistent image, ie uniform, cards, rack cards, invoices, van, advertisements, all with a good USP. Steve's coaching program really helped me to get the right mindset.
I live in a small community where many commute to the city, one road out, so one time I just took the truck and parked it on the road so everyone had to drive by it. I sat there and read a book for an hour or two, from 6-8am. You could have a sign made up with a special or whatever to hang on your truck, park there during rush hour, then go to work after.

Currently it is myself and one tech, i run a wrapped van with legend TM and my tech rents my LTD3. Getting jobs is not a huge thing for me as we usually stay booked about a week out. Though my prices aren't the lowest, i due run a lot of "specials" that gets the phone ringing, and im thinking about raising them to get a different type of client. My community is huge, Orlando, so there are 1000's of CC around.

Back
Top Bottom