Rookie mistakes...

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you recall your worst?

Screenshot_20190813-084244~2.png

scotty747

1. Built my first propane heater out of a ready heater. BOOM!. Didn't know what a flow switch was.
2. bought cheep non brass quick connects. Instant corrosion and black 360 swirls.

• Wow
Reactions: Hack Attack

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
pile distorted the first velvet sofa I ever cleaned

Onsite cleaned a thin 5x7 rug that used to lay flat
the next day the perimeter looked like a rollacoaster.....:icon_redface:

..L.T.A.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I razored on a tint cleaned off. Couldnt tell if it was a tint though. Owner didnt know either since i asked them specifically if they had any tint and they told me no..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The first couple years in business and a very good lesson on why I should have general liability and be fully educated before I pick up a tool. I’ll never get rid of this couch. If I ever have several employees under me, this will be used as part of the training as example

I’m lucky that lady only wanted $300 for this ugly suede

D08A0E20-6C04-4FBB-B197-36FACAF5339C.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The first couple years in business and a very good lesson on why I should have general liability and be fully educated before I pick up a tool. I’ll never get rid of this couch. If I ever have several employees under me, this will be used as part of the training as example

View attachment 92926
Suede can sometimes be cleaned up with a green kitchen scouring pad. No water or Chem's.

Name
Steve Lawrence

View attachment 92926
Mist with acid rinse. Towel or brush. I'd prefer towel to help remove soils in detail. Fixed!

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Thanks to a couple of good instructors and spending countless hours on forums reading everything the gurus typed for a year before I started I have only ruined one rug that bled. Sorry Dad.

Oh, and I learned the hard way that a porty leaves cotton too wet. Nothing a little brown out couldn’t fix.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

View attachment 92926
Uncle Jim told me that was velvet, not suede. I stand corrected

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ll humbly admit I WAS a hillbilly moron back in ‘05 when I damaged this couch. I shouldn’t have been alone without a professional when I was thinking I had a real business.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al

View attachment 92926
I did that once. Recleaned using Downy fabric softener with a fast carding brush. Took 3 times. Oops. Thought it was a velvet.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
But you now think it's leather because Ron said so?

Or am I reading that wrong?
You're reading it wrong. I never studied the difference between suede and velvet and I never knew that suede was the back of leather. The dumbass was all me this time. Ron is just drinking too much of that canadian beer

Reactions: Cleanworks

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Rookie mistakes? I probably made all of them, but it's been so long ago I forgot.
Luckily I valued the importance of Education, it just took me a few years to find the right instructor - thank you IICRC

Mikey P

Administrator
Matt at any given time did you think that yellow cotton velvet sofa was leather?

And is it currently sitting in your living room?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom