Rotovac vs dogy home

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't think the OP would pull more out, you'd have to rely on vacuuming and a CRB to get the junk. I think the OP would look good, it just might take longer and use a few more pads due to the pet oils.

HWE would be my first choice unless there was a need for it to get back in use, then we might use low moisture instead. We do some assisted living homes and they don't want HWE they prefer low moisture for the speed that they can put it back in use.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I wouldn't ever go that far.
While you can visually see soil transfer, I don't know how someone could expect small allergens, like dander to be removed with a pad. HWE flushes contaminants out better, if you only caring about appearance then I believe OP can compete with length of time processing being a deciding factor when trashed.

An ATP meter test is but a test, scientific fact? Sounds like a stretch to me but I'm not going to sweat it either way. People believe what they want to believe. For me to believe I'd want to see a few studies not just the results from what few carpet cleaners concluded.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Crb dry before prespray with catch cans , the after you prespray hit with crb with out catch cans ( renovators). That is how we attempt to remove the most amount of soil and dog hair plus break up the oil with the crbs agitation after the prespray is applied.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I always ask em if they want their dog back : )

And wear some damn gloves dude!

Reactions: Willy P

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
No other method will pull out 1/100ths of what a Rotovac or RE can pull out with ease.

LOL You do know that RE only glide across the top of the carpet providing only surface agitation. I can see how they would be great for removing easily available debri and be a thousand times better than a wand. If you want to pull ALL hair dander and other debri that is LOCKED in and BOUND into the carpet fiber and dig the crap out from the base of the carpet is that you need a machine that will dig from the bottom up preferably a machine that has the largest cylindrical brush in the CC industry combined with a foam that will suspend soils and debri and that has a powerful vacuum incorporated into the system for immediate pick up and removal. Just remember just because you sight tube shows clean water only means that your tool has met its limitations and that their is a big difference between sucking it out and digging it out. My comments are in response to the situation of debri removal brought up in this thread.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mardie you make some good points BUTT your equipment met it's limitations a long time ago. The 70's have called and would like you to return that foamer to the museum! :rockon:

If what you claim is true why wouldn't everyone own a foam machine? They are certainly cheaper to purchase, you can buy a fleet of foamers compared to 1-TM.

When all your peers are wrong and only you are right.......can you really be sure you are right? :icon_question:

Name
Andy McFadden
Mardie, unlike you, some of us have experience with more then one method,

You have no idea how silly you sound. I have used a crb on hundreds of carpets , (that's Two brushes that counter rotate).....

I honestly don't think even a crb pre scrub will dig more out, then a RX , TM combo. let alone an out dated single brush machine.

Come back and comment after you have ran a TM with a 360 for a couple weeks. Or at least try a decent CRB two brush counter rotating machine.

THEN, come back and tell us if you still think the one brush machine from the 1820's is still the cats meow.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie you make some good points BUTT your equipment met it's limitations a long time ago. The 70's have called and would like you to return that foamer to the museum! :rockon:

If what you claim is true why wouldn't everyone own a foam machine? They are certainly cheaper to purchase, you can buy a fleet of foamers compared to 1-TM.

When all your peers are wrong and only you are right.......can you really be sure you are right? :icon_question:

The reason I see not in every ones toolbox are several. Not employee friendly at all. Would only suggests for OO and even then most guys could never figure out how to make them work properly. Keeping the guts clean take a lot of dedication but to me it is worth it and can see how most people would not want to deal with that. Every thing has to be set just right for the machine to do the job it is capable of doing. I see what they are best at is digging crap out of carpet. As far as a cleaning machine goes it can do most jobs perfectly but you will have to beat yourself up and it is slow when the going gets tough. That is why I always use the Cimex on tough ones then VS and then the VS is very fast cause all it has to do is dig out and pick up. On pretty much all commercial I use the VS as a super vacuum cleaner in traffic lanes AFTER I Cimex . Overall I would not want to use the VS as a stand alone machine but when incorporating it into my way of cleaning it does an amazing job. I like dual process CC.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It sounds as if you developed a system and found a way to over come some of the limitations of the VS and I agree that sounds like more effort than most people are going to want to put into a system.

I wonder if using a TM and RE wouldn't speed you up and give you comparable results if not better?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

You have no idea how silly you sound. I have used a crb on hundreds of carpets , (that's Two brushes that counter rotate).....

I honestly don't think even a crb pre scrub will dig more out, then a RX , TM combo. let alone an out dated single brush machine.

Come back and comment after you have ran a TM with a 360 for a couple weeks. Or at least try a decent CRB two brush counter rotating machine.

THEN, come back and tell us if you still think the one brush machine from the 1820's is still the cats meow.

Andy for you to compare a CRB to a VS is like trying to compare a horse with a donkey and of course the VS being the horse. The working system on a CRB is completely different than the VS.

Name
Andy McFadden
The comparison was in reference to digging ability. Because, You claimed the VS digs out more then anything. (even though you've never used anything)

Yes , I know that a crb wont spit foam out , and I know that is doesn't have a weak ass single vac motor. I was referencing the digging ability.

When you have tried a CRB (pre scrub prior to extraction) , I will listen to your opinion. But for now you have no way to reference anything , cause you've never used anything.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The comparison was in reference to digging ability. Because, You claimed the VS digs out more then anything. (even though you've never used anything)

Yes , I know that a crb wont spit foam out , and I know that is doesn't have a weak ass single vac motor. I was referencing the digging ability.

When you have tried a CRB (pre scrub prior to extraction) , I will listen to your opinion. But for now you have no way to reference anything , cause you've never used anything.

My VS do not spit foam. That only happens to people that do not know how to set their machines up. As far as vac power goes you should note that the VS is not pulling up heavy soil laden water. It is pulling up a light weight foam with all the soils suspended in the foam and the foam does not fall into the carpet like water wants to.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
take one guy with a vortex, who couldn't get a restaurant clean ( there is your first major clue)

to do a test with a wand vs a trinity using a cotton swab and suddenly is scientific fact and if its questioned well its just OUR opinion. ( I bet his wand wasn't even set up right nor was the rest of his truck)

lol....

I love OP, did it as my main method for 3 years. Even used the trinity - great machine...but but but

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On really nasty grease like a restaurant we'd hit with Flex powder with Citrus solv and HWE but follow up with a pad just to leave it looking brighter and picking up any extra moisture we can.

Relying too heavily on one method can often make you work harder to achieve the desired results regardless of your primary method of choice.

Reactions: Mardie

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

Judging from your statement I wonder if you are even aware of how to run a brush machine. You know their is a correct way to run these machines to get a desired result. I will give you the answer after you come back with your ill informed comment:icon_razz:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
asapapa7.jpg

Aliens ?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dude.....really? Use a scrub wand not an upholstery wand to edge the room. I personally like to hit the transition with a wand too so that I you don't have to get that close with the rotary's shoes.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I doubt you "personally" do ANYTHING.

I say 99% of all rotary users are hacks, because I bet not one of them REALLY cleans the borders using a scrub wand.

They obviously really didn't prevacuum in that video ... mega hack.

Reactions: Willy P
Name
Andy McFadden
YES I pre vaced. the rotovac loads my filter 4 times as much as when I use a wand, so on a real soil/ pet hair loaded carpet that's typical of what I get in my filter , even after a pre vac.

I don't pull the tool out on every job, but when it's needed it's nice to have.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator

I say 99% of all rotary users are hacks, because I bet not one of them REALLY cleans the borders using a scrub wand.

We do and we use a Ti wand not that silly 3 inch thing.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

Do you really NOT use a RE? You obviously know the value of a good pre vac but you wouldn't believe how much hair, sand, etc the 360i digs out of the carpet even AFTER a GOOD pre vac. True story.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Steamin McFadden
Back
Top Bottom