Rotovac vs dogy home

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
This is a very interesting and informative thread, that was a great result in the first video, all the dog oils removed. There was a LOT of dry soil bound to those oils.

My method combines encapsulation and hot water extraction together. I use encapsulating chemicals throughout my process, but I use more or less the same multistage technique as most of you HWE guys.

Dry soil extraction
Solvent spotting
Pre-Spray (using a HWE spray with encapsulating features)
Agitation (using either a mini crb for low soiling or a single disc machine with more pre-spray in the shower tank)
Dwell
Hot water extraction (using either an encapsulating acid rinse or an encapsulating emulsifier)

Because I'm legally blind and not allowed to drive I have a walk behind extractor not much bigger than Mardie's foam extractor. It has worked well for me over the last year and I've been able to build some great customer loyalty. My location is a small town with a suffering economy, so things can be a little hard to grow here, but I'm working on it.

Grant

Reactions: Russ T. and GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Gee,
You are amazing bro!
Not only for your drive and ambition to continue on, but to smile while doing it!

This is why I personally would never bash or down talk competition in any marketing materials. period Regardless of what type of equipt used.

On open forum and only in true love, look out fur my monster rug sucker.

I do gotta ask though?
How u read this post homie : )

Reactions: GeeeAus
Name
Andy McFadden
Is this the Grant I met on *** who used the bissel? Do you remember a very kind and noble man by the name of Andy Mc lol ,

(He recommended a few inexpensive scrubbers for you to add to your process)

Glad you got some scrubbing tools!! I appreciate how hard you work, keep up the good work!

Reactions: GeeeAus

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
G'day Andy.... Presuming that's you.

I recently got a Polivac C27, cost me $2,400 inc tax. I couldn't find a used machine and to be honest didn't want the potential for issues. This has largely - though not completely replaced the Sebo Duo /P mini CRB I had been using for the past six months.

It has made the scrub effectiveness much better. I am looking at a replacement extractor but that is still some way off. I did some business analysis and determined that scrub effectiveness was more important than extraction at this point because there were jobs the Sebo just wasn't able to perform, whereas the Big Green works on any type of carpet more or less the same.

Vehicle storage space is also at a premium.

So nice to bump into you Andy, or Andy's friend, whomever you are. :lol:

As for how I read the thread, I have some assistive devices on my Apple Macintosh computer which read very well and also allow me to enlarge the display at infinitely variable scales of size. this is helpful sometimes, though usually I can read O.K. unaided I just have the screen closer to me than most of you would.

On the job things aren't so much of a challenge.

I rather imagine I'll get flamed now for the extractor I use...... Oh well, had to happen, that's just how life goes sometimes.

I'll be a good sport though and throw some fat on the fire for everybody.

Extractor
IMG_1907_zps905e99d7.jpg

Extractor on job (wife's driving)
http://youtu.be/g97F1u4WQ2g

Job examples
IMG_3312_zps2348acf2.jpg

IMG_3327_zpsaf0db05b.jpg

IMG_2150_zps4b8dfe9a.jpg

IMG_2154_zps5a7d2d64.jpg

IMG_2155_zps8bd3db68.jpg

IMG_1945_zps10bae112.jpg

IMG_3648_zps8a4fd4f8.jpg

IMG_3649_zps2ffb099a.jpg

IMG_3655_zpsbbfcd6e9.jpg

IMG_3659_zpse4fcadbb.jpg

IMG_3660_zps9686b86a.jpg

How about some upholstery?
IMG_3257_zpseea1b66c.jpg

IMG_3262_zps79b7cce2.jpg

IMG_2216_zps50e05235.jpg

IMG_2231_zps058e3b88.jpg

IMG_3527_zps450025b4.jpg

IMG_3537_zpsf0f63576.jpg

Grant

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well done Grant. We appreciate all the time and effort you have put in here educating us on dry soil removal. It looks like you are getting great results and I hope you continue to frequent Mikey's Board. You will learn a lot here and hopefully grow your business. I think there's only so much you can do about the local economy but if moving isn't an option for you, you really seem to be making the most out of it...and with a great attitude. Keep up the great work!

The Clean Machine

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm fookin' impressed.

I can't see how anyone cannot be impressed with results like that, knowing how much additional time and effort was necessary to make up for any performance limitations of your equipment.
Kudos for taking so much pride in your work, and striving for the best results you can deliver given the equipment you have available.

Back
Top Bottom