Rotovac vs dogy home

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Just like hwe their will be moisture left behind and just like hwe the moisture should be free of contaminants if the operator did his job properly. We all know that nobody can get100% of the impurities out. The moisture left behind with the VS is an encapsulant and will continue to collect any impurities for encapsulation.

A clean water rinse is part of the basic foundation of cleaning since the dawn of time.

As well as the rinsing and flushing action of flowing water, a clean water rinse also has the ability to DILUTE any remaining solutions, so whatever moisture that is not extracted completely and left in the carpet is most likely a extremely "watered down" solution. Whatever moisture or contaminants that are left, if any, are mostly unintended.

Your method INTENTIONALLY leaves a clients carpet coated with what I would think to be a gross contaminant loaded foam/film which consists of full strength cleaning chemicalsfrom your Cimex scrub, more chemicals and polymers from your magic foam, as well as any contaminants, spills and crap that were present in the first place before you moped in.

Commercial situations I can find acceptable.

But residential carpet is a flooring surface that comes into direct, intimate contact with the inhabitants in a very confined space, especially when there are children in the household.

To leave a toxic film such as this on a customers carpet, and proceed to accept money from them and leave, is not something I would find morally acceptable to do.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Well Goomer I am sure glad that what you find acceptable does not mean squat. Did you know that the products I use are BOEING AIRCRAFT APPROVED, GREEN SEAL CERTIFIED, CHAMPION STATUS EPA,WOOL SAFE APPROVED. I think you should go stick your head back up your ass were it came from.:hopeless:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
A clean water rinse is part of the basic foundation of cleaning since the dawn of time.

As well as the rinsing and flushing action of flowing water, a clean water rinse also has the ability to DILUTE any remaining solutions, so whatever moisture that is not extracted completely and left in the carpet is most likely a extremely "watered down" solution. Whatever moisture or contaminants that are left, if any, are mostly unintended.

Your method INTENTIONALLY leaves a clients carpet coated with what I would think to be a gross contaminant loaded foam/film which consists of full strength cleaning chemicalsfrom your Cimex scrub, more chemicals and polymers from your magic foam, as well as any contaminants, spills and crap that were present in the first place before you moped in.

Commercial situations I can find acceptable.

But residential carpet is a flooring surface that comes into direct, intimate contact with the inhabitants in a very confined space, especially when there are children in the household.

To leave a toxic film such as this on a customers carpet, and proceed to accept money from them and leave, is not something I would find morally acceptable to do.
I used to use a VS 11 upholstery deterger back in the 80's. It did a great job scrubbing furniture although the head was heavy and slow. As a final step, I connected a KleenRite upholstery tool to the vac line on the VS machine and also to the customer's faucet to rinse out the fabric. Otherwise you left a film of VS detergent on the cleaned pieces which normal people understand will attract soil. When I sold the machine to an old VS guy, I told him I did this and he said "What? Are you trying to make us look bad?"

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Art I do not know anything about VS in the 80s but I would say you are probably correct. As you know their have been major advancements in Chemistry in the last 25 years and the re-soiling issues you mention do not exist.

Name
Todd
Mardie, do you have a smart Phone ? Could you please post a video of this high production carpet cleaning system that you are speaking of? I and I'm sure many others have never seen a foam squirter in action before.

I have had OP and bonnet cleaning friends tell me they have had good luck using this VS shampoo for bonnet (OP) cleaning

http://www.jondon.com/von-schrader-dry-foam-detergent-red-label-high-ph.html

Last edited:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
LOL You do know that RE only glide across the top of the carpet providing only surface agitation. I can see how they would be great for removing easily available debri and be a thousand times better than a wand. If you want to pull ALL hair dander and other debri that is LOCKED in and BOUND into the carpet fiber and dig the crap out from the base of the carpet is that you need a machine that will dig from the bottom up preferably a machine that has the largest cylindrical brush in the CC industry combined with a foam that will suspend soils and debri and that has a powerful vacuum incorporated into the system for immediate pick up and removal. Just remember just because you sight tube shows clean water only means that your tool has met its limitations and that their is a big difference between sucking it out and digging it out. My comments are in response to the situation of debri removal brought up in this thread.
Dude your von Schrader brain chip is killing me. Have you every used a rotary? If you an rx 20 you would know its getting a lot more than the surface fibers of the carpet. rx or a rotovac once you turn them over after using they are usualy caked with fine sand and sediment. That shyt don't come from the surface fibers amigo :biggrin:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Tell me I only clean the tops of the fibers!

The head alone without the machine sits deeper than those shit smearing maxi pads yur pushin pal.
qe8e2e7u.jpg

Show your stuff big boy! Put up or Shut up!
Wanna have a Contest?
See who pulls the most crap outta some rugs buddy.
Here's my entry and what you tend to just smear in so!
7enu6usu.jpg

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Mardi also, how long does it takr you to clean with the vs? I have an old vs that was given to me by another cleaner we use to agitate area rugs in shop and I cant imagine using that over a whole house. Cant you only clean in one direction using that thing? I think you can only clean on the back stroke using a vs? Im tired of it taking up room in my shop, why don't you bring me a bottle of fresh maple syrup from the mother land and its your no questions asked

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Dude your von Schrader brain chip is killing me. Have you every used a rotary? If you an rx 20 you would know its getting a lot more than the surface fibers of the carpet. rx or a rotovac once you turn them over after using they are usualy caked with fine sand and sediment. That shyt don't come from the surface fibers amigo :biggrin:

Why is the head caked with fine sand and sediment?? Is it not suppose to be sucking that up?:razz: Jon did you not read the statement I made, about why I made the statement you are questioning ? I was having fun with Mikey. You do know he needs to get his feathers ruffled at least once a day and things were getting pretty quiet around here .:lol:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Tell me I only clean the tops of the fibers!

The head alone without the machine sits deeper than those shit smearing maxi pads yur pushin pal.
qe8e2e7u.jpg

Show your stuff big boy! Put up or Shut up!
Wanna have a Contest?
See who pulls the most crap outta some rugs buddy.
Here's my entry and what you tend to just smear in so!
7enu6usu.jpg

CHRIS THAT WOULD NOT BE A FAIR CONTEST, because my machine wont rip apart and shred perfectly good carpet fiber like your does.:razz:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
So you think that mess came from rotary extraction just because I posted an image of a head?

I'd be happy to mail ya a bag O the sheet, so you can have it inspected : )

Show us yur maxi pads, it's okay : )

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
So you think that mess came from rotary extraction just because I posted an image of a head?

I'd be happy to mail ya a bag O the sheet, so you can have it inspected : )

Show us yur maxi pads, it's okay : )

Relaaax Chris just pulling your chain:stir: I am just demonstrating that nonsense and :bullshit:comments can be played both ways seeing is that that seems to be where this thread is heading:yawn:

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Hey Andy I got some video of a Steam Cleaners jerking off and sniffing panties in a customers home and I do not know how to post it so if I send you the info would you please post it for me ? :smile: It came from that TV show that installs cameras to see how service people behave in their home when they are not their.

Name
Andy McFadden
Mardei, I dare you to give one example of a nonsense post on this thread , other then your posts.

Your response to the LMX video could have been....

("No that's not how it's done, here's a video of me cleaning with the LMX, this is how it's done!")

But instead of showing us what you can do, all you can do is resort to a 12 year old mind set, with that childish post above.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Andy why do you GAS about anything to do with VS equipment ? You will never in your dreams ever consider getting involved with this equipment and you know that and I know that so it is my conclusion that given your nature you just want to cause controversy and I will not accommodate you in this waste of my time.

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Mardie, if you come through town again, I would love to go for supper. You seem like a great guy :icon_razz:

love talking shop

also bring that vs, we could have some fun "testing " :icon_twisted::twisted: lol

Name
Andy McFadden
I don't care about the VS Mardei, Your the one making a big issue out of it with all the ignorant statements, and wild claims that you have been posting on this thread.

I'm just responding to you, and when you get nailed down on a point you run off to something else, and (I'm sorry to see) at times you disgrace your self by resorting to 12 year old mentality debating tactics. You are better then that.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I don't care about the VS Mardei, Your the one making a big issue out of it with all the ignorant statements, and wild claims that you have been posting on this thread.

I'm just responding to you, and when you get nailed down on a point you run off to something else, and (I'm sorry to see) at times you disgrace your self by resorting to 12 year old mentality debating tactics. You are better then that.

Well for a guy that don't care about VS and surly knows nothing about the operating system you sure do think that you know enough to appoint yourself as a judge of the system. You my good man are FOS. Are we having fun yet.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Well for a guy that don't care about VS and surly knows nothing about the operating system you sure do think that you know enough to appoint yourself as a judge of the system. You my good man are FOS. Are we having fun yet.

We wont start having fun till U post up some yo maxi pads : )

Prove What You Remove !

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Here is the one mardee believes in.... It may actually be him.

The irony of the video is that it says: "truthful".... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W0v5q5CDvk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Notice in the video when the guy talks about how the steam cleaning method is 50years old and haven't kept up with the times....but it advocates the freaking VS which is probably older than any of us...

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Zee that is pretty ballsy of you to jump the fence like that wright here on MB but hey I hope you will always remember that any method will work just fine just so long as you work it properly:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom