Rug Summit 7 had to regretably alter their agenda - Ken Snow will be missed

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Rug Summit 7 had to regretably alter their agenda due to the sudden death of Ken Snow. Ken was so excited to come to Columbus, Ohio and talk about what really excited him in front of his peers. That is, the business of running a successful cleaning company during a poor economy in a economic depressed part of the country, Michigan. Yet he steered the ship through the rough seas successfully. We desired to hear how that was done. Sadly, we cannot. However, many elements of Hagopians success were discussed here on this board by him.

For next week, I have arranged for Chuck Violand to talk about business development. He will show that profits/monies can be the natural residue by making a purposeful focus and development on the people that can make it happen. What should each owner concentrate on? We shall await Chuck's delivery: “PURSUING THE SWEET SPOT: the three Dynamics that lead to Sustained Profitable Growth”

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
so sad, but I'm sure Chuck will provide the attendees with plenty of value.

Thanks again for making our dinner party Tom.
It was great to spend time with you and Robert.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have used Chuck as a business consult a couple of times and I have also had the opportunity to catch him at SFS. He is one sharp cookie, knows his numbers and has an industry data base to pull benchmarks from.

While no one can replace Ken Snow, Chuck is a good alternative! :icon_cool:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Chuck will be awesome. I doubt there is anyone who has listened to Chuck than me as I am always in for his presentation at SFS. I learn something new everytime and Chuck is a great presenter with a tough subject.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
x2

Chuck has always impressed me with his combination of business smarts and ability to relate to the audience. They'll enjoy what he will share, and will retain more than they expect.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
It was sobering to announce to the group on hand that Ken would not be joining us. Some were attending just to meet the man and had not learned that he had suffered from cancer and died. It put some business matters in context that we discussed about preparing for succession and being ready for challenges. He was quoted by me a few times during the event.

Chuck Violand did a might fine job with his presentation as did all the other participates. It was a success. Ken would have enjoyed it and we would have enjoyed his insights too.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Chuck is the only person I ever recall listening to that never once caused me to lose focus on an issue that I thought he was wrong on, or a topic I thought not worthy of discussion. He was on target the entire time.

Last edited:

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Chuck is the only person I ever recall listening to that never once caused me to lose focus on and issue that I thought he was wrong on, or a topic I thought not worthy of discussion. He was on target the entire time.

The concession from everyone present would agree with you regarding Chuck. He was dynamic and relevant. Jeff Cross opened up the event equally so. They both had the attention of all the attendees that were either business owners or general managers. The morning session was closed out with a riveting presentation by James Sullivan. He was an emoting speaker that treated the subject of valuation of our business like I have never heard before presented. I have never seen a numbers and tax guy like this CPA keep the attention of an entire audience engaged with such clarity and relevance. It was one of the highlights of Rug Summit 7.

I am interested in getting the new moderator, Tom King's, take on the event. I met Tom for the first time in Vegas last Wednesday and then again this Thursday and Friday at Rug Summit in Columbus, Ohio. Tom King is really an experienced business man that added the cleaning service profession to his list of ventures in recent years. Now he has expanded it to include rugs too. No doubt he will have something to say about this event. There were some other Mikey Board lurkers and posters there too. It was a great group.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not only will I do my best to make one of your Summits next year I also want to go to one of Stone Pro's classes..

and maybe another SFS, if Toobongingit will stop insulting my members..

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I challenged Randy Hyde in person this week, and now again on this post, to offer observations about the event he just attended. He sat on a panel for us at Rug Summit and made observations of how he scales his business for what he does. He added how he makes his own centrifuges to the intrigue of everyone. Thanks again Randy for participating.

Can you imagine that someone took what he said on 'what is clean' the wrong way and got insulted? (Honestly, on this item , he was misunderstood)

Mikey P

Administrator
some of you ruggies are very delicate..

I asked some guy named Lynn from Florida to come visit this room and he read one post and got so offended about a BO mention he even left the Facebook Carpet Cleaners Group over it...

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
thats because you're a level headed, good person Tom.. you fit right in with the rest of the great people here.

These high thread count nancy boys who get offended by the S word are not living in the real world.

An old wise saying: "Do not hurry yourself in your spirit to become offended, for the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones"

So is the "S" word Stupid?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
It’s true, I made a 4[SUP]th[/SUP] generation Armenian Mor plant owner cry….. my bad!

Overall I thought it was a good event . While it was a Centrum event and Tom had a bunch of his equipment there it didn't come off as 2 days straight of a Ron Popeil infomercial. This felt more like a mini strategies for success tailored for rug cleaner accounting/ business valuation, web optimization, business building strategies. Guys new to the business chatting it up with 100 rug a week 4[SUP]th[/SUP] generation wash plant owners and everyone in between.

Some good stuff spilled out sipping cold one’s in the bar perhaps next time at the end of the day’s session's lock everyone in a room with a bunch of beer, just a thought?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Some good stuff spilled out sipping cold one’s in the bar perhaps next time at the end of the day’s session's lock everyone in a room with a bunch of beer, just a thought?[/QUOTE]

Wow wow that is my type of a meeting. And I know Tom will have the right beer.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Wow wow that is my type of a meeting. And I know Tom will have the right beer.[/QUOTE]

thinking of Guinness . This is what causes you to break equipment at trade shows and try to blame poor helpless emergrints from the land of Guinness

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
1234517_570547709661598_1421872233_n_zpsdb5987eb.jpg

Seven years of Centrum Force existence

Seven Rug Summits

Anniversary of first year ownership of MOR Time Saving Equipment Company

My thanks to all of our clients!

Ken would have gotten a special bottle of wine too last Thursday. Ironically, he was my client for the past year. I continue to wish the best to the staff at Hagopian's Cleaning Service.

My wife and I managed to attend part of the memorial services for Ken this past Sunday at the banquet hall. John B did a fine job delivering remarks about Ken's contribution to the cleaning industry.

Back
Top Bottom