Rx 20

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Just picked up a RX 20 for 200 bones. Does it need glides? WTF am I suppose to do with this thing?

Golden Boy

John Watson

Hey Peckerhead, For $200, must be an old slow speed. Our son Jay brought ours back into active duty after a few years in mothballs. Put a set of glides on it and says it does a great job till he can get one of those SS Hosses.

Vacation sounds like fun. Bet the kids are getting big. Sorry your wife is still ill, Living with the likes of you would make anybody sick!!!!

My Helen sends her best and wishes her hair was as thick as yours...

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
You are lucky I like Helen or I would fly out to Washington and kick you in the nutz.

Golden Boy

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Waldo,

You don't need glides to begin with. If you get a chance, send me a pic when you see it and a pic of the star. You can get parts for everything on them yet if needed. I''m hoping for you it is not the old style slow speed...they work, but just not the same as the newer style. We carry ours in the Vans all the time, but tend not to need them on a lot of jobs we have around here. MyBrother Dave uses his just about everyday, just different soils in our 2 areas of doing business. About the time I think I should just take it off the van to make some room is the day I really need it, so it stays on the van.

Hope it works out for you. Where are you going on vacation this time? In my area?

Mark Saiger

F

FB7777

I'd invest in the newer 3 jet star... Pricey, but the old star that comes with that $200 POS will probably have a wobble to it

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
George III said:
Sell it for $500, get yourself a CRB, and never look back.

That's what I would do. Rotary cleaning is not for me but I use a CRB daily. CRB will give great results with a better production rate and be much easier on your back that the RX 20.

John Watson

Waldo said:
You are lucky I like Helen or I would fly out to Washington and kick you in the nutz.

Golden Boy

My Helen would love to see you, I'm sure you have heard of Balls to the wall, right??

Well, mine don't hit no walls, an I gits tired apackin im, so now I jest drag em on the flor, Please watch yor step youngen!!!

George III said:

Yea don't do this at all.

I just cleaned a nasty piss job three 12x14 rooms and got 350.

RX-20 HE, five 80015 jets, five full slot, and about 80 gallons of water followed by dry strokes with glided wand.

No way we could have scrubbed with the 175 and rinsed with wand. It would have smelled like shit and not been as clean.

If you bought a slow speed, you wasted your money.

Well you could always get the CRB and the RX-20, but if I had to choose it would be the 175 and RX-20 in my truck over the crb and wand.

The RX is not for every job cuz it is five times slower, but that's why you charge more cuz it's the easiest upsell.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I own 4 RX 20's....The old slow speed clean BETTER...!

The Newer high speed....Have POS 3 cone jets.. I've seen Jimmy naked & POS half slots... KMA!

Cone jets...are a pain in the ASS...and clog all the time..."USELESS"
Old stars have 5 jets that you can "change out" to adjust flow... :!:

With proper jetting.."MATCHED TO THE TM YOU ARE OPERATING" will give good dry times..!
The older RX is GREAT for flood recovery...BTW..!

IMO...the RX should never have glides...you loose the aggitation...!
If the job requires the the power of the RX...dry times are NOT the issue.....

Plug in a down-draft blower....or "SLOW THE {F} DOWN...geeze... KMA!

"AND"...who was the GenIoUS...that came up with 1/2 slots...for the skids...!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HARPER said:
I own 4 RX 20's....The old slow speed clean BETTER...!

The Newer high speed....Have POS 3 cone jets.. I've seen Jimmy naked & POS half slots... KMA!

Cone jets...are a pain in the ASS...and clog all the time..."USELESS"
Old stars have 5 jets that you can "change out" to adjust flow... :!:

With proper jetting.."MATCHED TO THE TM YOU ARE OPERATING" will give good dry times..!
The older RX is GREAT for flood recovery...BTW..!

IMO...the RX should never have glides...you loose the aggitation...!
If the job requires the the power of the RX...dry times are NOT the issue.....

Plug in a down-draft blower....or "SLOW THE {F} DOWN...geeze... KMA!

"AND"...who was the GenIoUS...that came up with 1/2 slots...for the skids...!

Excepct for the low speed RX being better...You pretty much repeted most everything i have said about the RX for a long time?...now its time to get out of the stone ages...and advance yourself up to a Hoss......

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim,

2 of the are older than....Than TWICE time you have been in BIZ... eat shit!

I guess you said it 1st ..here... :lol:

IMO..the HOSS is just another attempt to make a better "mouse trap".."not impressed"
If I remember correctly...? The main reason you were interested in a different rotary...
was the problem you had getting it in & out of the truck...NOT A CLEANING ISSUE.. :?:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HARPER said:
Jim,

IMO..the HOSS is just another attempt to make a better "mouse trap".."not impressed"
If I remember correctly...? The main reason you were interested in a different rotary...
was the problem you had getting it in & out of the truck...NOT A CLEANING ISSUE.. :?:

Nope...2 completely different rotarys..not even close...get you hands on one and you will see....I had no cleaning issues with the RX or getting it in and out of the truck.same with the Hoss..i set both machines up so the hoist does all the work...

For all the years I ran the RX..I was convinced that there would never be anything that could out do it...The low profile of the Hoss holds the heat..unlike the higher profile of the RX that doesn't ....because of the type jets and orfice...you have no temp drop with the Hoss..unlike the RX....lower profile gets under things that you dare not put the RX close to....

Get your hands on one..learn how to run it and even you may be suprised....

Name
Lee Stockwell
My second son, Joshua, seemed to be a "slow" carpet cleaner. However he consistantly brought in more money and more great Survey cards than his brothers (or me).

His answer: "It's faster to do it slow ONCE than to do it fast TWICE." He worked until he graduated college, and now makes 4x what I do. Proud of him!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
This guy need's something a 360 I.... :idea: "He is a little out of shape"... eat shit!

487fccee-1273-d10e.jpg

My guy can carry 2 RX's...."He was spawned from a little deeper GENE pool" LIKE!

228842_260937493932747_100000494954383_1090504_6742735_n.jpg

jus sayin....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim Martin said:
HARPER said:
Jim,

Nope...2 completely different rotarys..not even close...get you hands on one and you will see....I had no cleaning issues with the RX or getting it in and out of the truck.same with the Hoss..i set both machines up so the hoist does all the work...

For all the years I ran the RX..I was convinced that there would never be anything that could out do it...The low profile of the Hoss holds the heat..unlike the higher profile of the RX that doesn't ....because of the type jest and orfice...you have no temp drop with the Hoss..unlike the RX....lower profile gets under things that you dare not put the RX close to....

Just bustin your balls.... LIKE!

I have 2 of these.....

HARPERPIC246-1.jpg

Contrary to board reviews...they clean GREAT also...secret is to crank them up to 700 psi.. I've seen Jimmy naked
You want to talk about HEAT and unbelievable dry times.... :idea:

A Hoss would @ best...be in between the 2... eat shit! If I didn't have the excess equipment
I MIGHT consider the HOSS...???????? maybe.....I want to see how long they Hoss last..? I have seen them..Just looks like something an EMPLOYEE could destroy... eat shit!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
danielc said:
Well you could always get the CRB and the RX-20, but if I had to choose it would be the 175 and RX-20 in my truck over the crb and wand. [ /quote]

Why would you need a 175 and RX?

Can't you get a pad driver for the RX?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HARPER said:
Jim Martin said:
HARPER said:
Jim,

For all the years I ran the RX..I was convinced that there would never be anything that could out do it...The low profile of the Hoss holds the heat..unlike the higher profile of the RX that doesn't ....because of the type jest and orfice...you have no temp drop with the Hoss..unlike the RX....lower profile gets under things that you dare not put the RX close to....

Just bustin your balls.... LIKE!

I have 2 of these.....

HARPERPIC246-1.jpg

Contrary to board reviews...they clean GREAT also...secret is to crank them up to 700 psi.. I've seen Jimmy naked
You want to talk about HEAT and unbelievable dry times.... :idea:

A Hoss would @ best...be in between the 2... eat shit! If I didn't have the excess equipment
I MIGHT consider the HOSS...???????? maybe.....I want to see how long they Hoss last..? I have seen them..Just looks like something an EMPLOYEE could destroy... eat shit!

I have heard good and bad about those..( just like you do with everything out there ) .....how do they hold up.....I like the low profile...I was told that they don't work good with big truck mounts ..I have messed around with one now and then but never really put it threw it paces....???

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim,

If I had to clean again...I would never use a wand...They are light, fold up easy
loading & storage. They get right up to the base boards..No overspray & are PERFECT
for in home area rug cleaning..."RIGHT ON THE WOOD FLOORS." I've seen Jimmy naked

The bigger the TM the better... LIKE!

If you try real hard...You can BREAK them.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S4011014.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HARPER said:
Jim,

If I had to clean again...I would never use a wand...They are light, fold up easy
loading & storage. They get right up to the base boards..No overspray & are PERFECT
for in home area rug cleaning..."RIGHT ON THE WOOD FLOORS." I've seen Jimmy naked

The bigger the TM the better... LIKE!

If you try real hard...You can BREAK them.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S4011014.jpg

I've seen Jimmy naked

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
George III said:

Yea don't do this at all.

I just cleaned a nasty piss job three 12x14 rooms and got 350.

RX-20 HE, five 80015 jets, five full slot, and about 80 gallons of water followed by dry strokes with glided wand.

No way we could have scrubbed with the 175 and rinsed with wand. It would have smelled like shit and not been as clean.

If you bought a slow speed, you wasted your money.

Well you could always get the CRB and the RX-20, but if I had to choose it would be the 175 and RX-20 in my truck over the crb and wand.

The RX is not for every job cuz it is five times slower, but that's why you charge more cuz it's the easiest upsell.

sooooooo why not dry with the RX???

i have been doing this with the 360...screw slinging a wand after...just run it over one more time with the rotary

Wow Doug!

Cuz it doesn't dry near as good, it's slower, the rotary kicks and pull all kinds of lint and hair out that an unglided or slot glide wand will suck right out, it gets the swirl marks out, and yes it dries the carpet a lot faster.

Drying with the rotary is better than nothing though.

Try it one time and see the difference.

If you had a tech, you could have him dry with the wand while you move to next area to tab furniture, spray, vacuum, or set the rotary up or vice versa.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i did/have....

which is why i said it sucked (no pun intended)

oh...if it has glides...take them off, then its open

plus i and my customers like the swirls J/K J/K J/K

seriously

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
DaNiEl its the slow speed version. So did I make a mistake? Or does Harper need to get your blankey and sum chocolate milk and tuck u to bed once again?

Golden Boy

joe harper

Name
joe harper
DOrkBoY....!

You cannot make a mistake....BECAUSE...."You can't buy a used STAR for $200.00"... KMA!
It is the same as if you bought a OLD POS Corvette that is basically junk.....for $1500.00... :idea:

"BUT"...it has a PERFECT #'s matching 427 BIG BLOCK motor....under the hood.... LIKE!

S

sam miller

My rx 20 has the 5 star and I use mytee hybrid glides it depends on the carpet it dry's faster with the glides. The rotary drymaster never

cleaned real dirty carpet that well for me it use a ton of water.

That said I pulled the restrictor and it use more water but cleans better the drytimes with it are great.

When say more water before 5 rooms 50 gallons now 3 rooms 50 gallons easy.

My rx20 only gets pulled when I'm in a dog fight, I pretty good on the chemistry side if things so most things just get the wand after a hand scrub.

Ps I really like trashed green rinsed with DFC 105 great cleaning great results. Dfc is a great rinse!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom