RX Video

This was one of my jobs the other day. Normally I would dual wand a carpet like this, but the carpet was a little too dirty to do it right. It takes longer to do the job right, but the work speaks for itself. We used only 6 oz of chemical in the hf to do the job. Downstairs had 4 areas and there was three rooms and hallway upstairs plus staircase. Carpet was dirty but not the dirtiest. The good thing is it was nylon with not too many red stains. Cleaned with the RX (five 80015 jets or 7.5 flow with full slots thanks to Jim Martin). Rinsed everything real good with the RX and then used wand to dry it out. Carpet was dry to the touch when we left. Total time to do the job 2.5 hours. The job before this one was actually dirtier, but we used the 175 and just ran the wand. It cleaned up good as well. I have a few more videos but I am waiting for them to upload.

Before and my truck.
m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXwkkveE-8m]

Cleaning
m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOxJtyCLziQm]

All of this came out of the downstairs only. Carpet was vacuumed good before our arrival.
IMAG0628.jpg

Finished
IMAG0629.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
not to bad...

couple things...(and only cuz i do it to sometimes...)

Pan that video OUT....dont have it zoomed in so much....

also...move it SLOWER....these stupid phones, make it blurry and it doesnt translate well....

HAVE YOUR WORKER PULL UP HIS PANTS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now that i watched the 2nd one....

why so slow????

Doug I have a few more videos. I ran the RX on most of the job while he did the dry strokes. I do clean faster than him. He is not used to running it yet. I'm still working with him and I did tell him to go slow.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Nice Job. 8)

Looks like the filter is full of polyester fibers.

The Rx looks like a much better tool than the 360i

I should have my RX 650 back from the shop this week :p
i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BOOBoJp2s4i]

Able 1

Name
Keith
What did you make like $400-$450? Just wondering production wise..

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Able 1 said:
What did you make like $400-$450? Just wondering production wise..

I would only get about $250 around here for a trashed rental that size.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Great job.....

with the machine you are running and you saying that you can duel wand with it...have you tried running 2.5 hose from the filter box..or a 4 to the door set up....it may help from having to dry stroke it with the wand...

But...I noticed your guy did not do a dry pass with the RX either....

speaking of your guy....was he really nervous because you were filming him...or is your RX head off balance a bit.....

your machine should not shake like that...

Carpets came out good....

Thanks for doing the video, I always enjoy seeing how others do things. Job turned out great!

Just got to say one thing...

Get a pair of suspenders for the good man who works for you. I like the blue shoes however. :)

Jim Martin said:
Great job.....

with the machine you are running and you saying that you can duel wand with it...have you tried running 2.5 hose from the filter box..or a 4 to the door set up....it may help from having to dry stroke it with the wand...

speaking of your guy....was he really nervous because you were filming him...or is your RX head off balance a bit.....

It has a little wobble on some carpets. Is it the shoes? What is the fix?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Jim Martin said:
Great job.....

It has a little wobble on some carpets. Is it the shoes? What is the fix?

Normally it is one of the arms on the star that got bent...it don't take much to knock it out of balance

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
nice job. a couple of questions . for those with rotaries would the hoss have cleaned that carpet faster. the production rate seems a little slow. Daniel are those tats up and down your arms.

gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GeneMiller said:
nice job. a couple of questions . for those with rotaries would the hoss have cleaned that carpet faster. the production rate seems a little slow. Daniel are those tats up and down your arms.

gene

You can move a bit faster then what you can with the RX..
you are not at the mercy of the jets......you have the spray bars which give you both flush and penetration at the same time....you can get way closer to the wall and under beds and things...

you are taking off bigger bites with the 700 then what the RX will give you..and most important...you are not loosing your heat...

I ran all three for awhile...

the Hoss was more productive...

the RX was second and the 360i was last...

I did this Lawyers office in down town Tucson......That is the only place that I ended up putting the 700 back on the truck....and breaking out the 360i...

this place was built in 1859...and there was so many dips...valleys..and peaks sticking up in this concrete that for the life of me I could not get the 700 to plant itself...so I ended up using the 360i...it did a good job handling all the floor issues and flushing out all the dirt..

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6085.jpg

IMG_6084.jpg

IMG_6083.jpg

NO not all the floors have been cleaned in some of the pictures

I still made money....but not as much as I could of....took me longer do because I had to slow myself way down...and my machine sat out there running longer then it should of wasting more gas then it needed to...this one time did not kill me but add that up if you do it daily....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
danielc said:
This was one of my jobs the other day. Normally I would dual wand a carpet like this, but the carpet was a little too dirty to do it right. It takes longer to do the job right, but the work speaks for itself. We used only 6 oz of chemical in the hf to do the job. Downstairs had 4 areas and there was three rooms and hallway upstairs plus staircase. Carpet was dirty but not the dirtiest. The good thing is it was nylon with not too many red stains. Cleaned with the RX (five 80015 jets or 7.5 flow with full slots thanks to Jim Martin). Rinsed everything real good with the RX and then used wand to dry it out. Carpet was dry to the touch when we left. Total time to do the job 2.5 hours. The job before this one was actually dirtier, but we used the 175 and just ran the wand. It cleaned up good as well. I have a few more videos but I am waiting for them to upload.

Before and my truck.
s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXwkkveE-8s]

Cleaning
s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOxJtyCLziQs]

All of this came out of the downstairs only. Carpet was vacuumed good before our arrival.
IMAG0628.jpg

Finished
IMAG0629.jpg

Now....if you had a pair of panty hose in that filter basket it would have been a quick lift out and toss away. No hosing' out the crap.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Daniel you can increase the flow area of you waste basket by buying a small piece of perforated stainless and then have some body cut and weld it in the sides. solid just doesn't make sense to me. i did mine for only 20 bucks. holds more stuff without loosing air flow.

gene

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
GeneMiller said:
Daniel you can increase the flow area of you waste basket by buying a small piece of perforated stainless and then have some body cut and weld it in the sides. solid just doesn't make sense to me. i did mine for only 20 bucks. holds more stuff without loosing air flow.

gene

:idea: - I didn't even catch that - great point.

boazcan said:
GeneMiller said:

gene

:idea: - I didn't even catch that - great point.

Great tip. I'll do that and know someone that will do it cheap.

Well I have a dual 2.5 inch port that I am going to have installed on the top of my tank as soon as I get a day off during the week. I have some new kick ass mytee filters that are 2.5 inch as well. I'll just use panty hose in them and toss after each job. I'm sure the air flow will be much better. I only use the basket when the inline filters are dirty, but I hate them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GeneMiller said:

gene

agree..this is the best for a waste basket...

IMG_6089.jpg

then just take a knee high and put it where the hose connects....leave the basket in for support...

IMG_6046.jpg

just pop out and throw away....this will also eliminate setting up extra inline filters...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
what do you guys have against just grabbing the stuff out with your hands . shiteatinggrin
thats what helpers are for :lol: who do you get the piglets from ?

gene

S

sam miller

Just got a clearview filter from Coolcuffs.net 2 2in coolcuffs on inlet and a 2.5 outlet and 51 through away filters for around $150.00

Gets rid of my Y and my broke down inline filter with the lid thats falling off! I really dont use the filter in the tank messes with the auto pump out. To much debree.

Nice job nice pics and vids.

Okay this is all the video I have.

Here you go Doug.

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe83Syecu2wj]

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzajyXMKBMYj]

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
nice video Daniel. i would protect the wall going up those stairs, the vacuum will eat of chucks on those corners. stroke is pretty good for a kid but i would keep the wand on the carpet on the back stroke and start spraying sooner as you go forward. if you watch closely you are cleaning part of the carpet a little better and it might show when it dries. just my opinion but i am beyond finicky.

gene

Able 1

Name
Keith
GeneMiller said:
nice video Daniel. i would protect the wall going up those stairs, the vacuum will eat of chucks on those corners. stroke is pretty good for a kid but i would keep the wand on the carpet on the back stroke and start spraying sooner as you go forward. if you watch closely you are cleaning part of the carpet a little better and it might show when it dries. just my opinion but i am beyond finicky.

gene
The "kid" is pushing an unglided quad jet against an Everest... With the momentum he has, he has just learned to adapt ,and be able to work every day.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Good job Daniel. rotaries make it hard for the next guy to outclean you.

Jim, you sure the hoss gets closer then the rx?. Both clean to about an inch from the wall from what I could tell. Only had the hoss for about a week so I may be wrong.

Albert

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The cleaning is good, but I gotta say, do you guys not have a decent pair of pants and shirt aka matching uniforms??? It doesn't matter if it's an empty rental, full house, or putting gas @ the local gas stop, you're always representing your business when you're by your van or in/out of your jobs, uniforms aren't expensive, just go to walmart/ross and get the both of you some cheap polyester/drifit type of shirts and khakis, and matching shoes, these will run you a whopping $10-$40 bucks per set (shirt, pants, n shoes). Your helper will feel way better about himself wearing a true "looking" uniform. Stand out from all those "cheap" companies you always tell us about.

Leave the jeans, shorts, and blue converse @ home, that is not what a business professional should wear imo.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Albert Lazo said:
Jim, you sure the hoss gets closer then the rx?. Both clean to about an inch from the wall from what I could tell. Only had the hoss for about a week so I may be wrong.

Albert

IMG_5715.jpg

and no it did not mark up the wall....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom