Sapphire Scientific new Upholstery Pro tool.......

Ernie G

We are gonna demo one in a week or two, I will let you know how it goes. I say one at Jon-Dons thursday, looks and feels pretty good.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Interesting tool. Shaped somewhat like the Hydrokinetic and can clean both ways like the Hydrokinetic. Looks like it has a trigger, which I like for control. The material looks like it would be less likely than metal tools to damage any wood or metal it comes in contact with. If it can give the cleaning performance of a Hydrokinetic, it might be a winner. Look forward to demo.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I like it. Its lightweight and you have the option of "constant flow" (like the Drimaster) or trigger use.

I worked with them for a long time with prototypes, and they were very responsive to my suggestions.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Looks like a nice tool. In the description of the tool they say "Unlike a jetted tool..."
If it isn't using a jet how does it deliver the water?

Name
Nate W.
Jim Morrison said:
Looks like a nice tool. In the description of the tool they say "Unlike a jetted tool..."
If it isn't using a jet how does it deliver the water?

Looks like the spray bar with tiny holes in it. Just like the Striker wand.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well, if I were to get one for free I would make sure darn sure to hide it from York when he gets every thing I own... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey P said:
Well, if I were to get one for free I would make sure darn sure to hide it from York when he gets every thing I own... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll donate my prochem upholstery tool to you Mikey. I want to sell it anyways but if you have nothing left you can have it.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Fred Homan":3gx9gy8g]He is gonna get you Mikey.....Bend over! :shock:

Mikey lives in California with a Vortex. Between the taxes and V payments, He's stuck in the bent over position. :lol: :lol:[/quote:3gx9gy8g]

Naaahh... I don't think its a BOHICA for Mikey.

Well...maybe because of the legislators and schwarzeneeeeger it is!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
First thought, with the spray bar positioned as such, if it was held in one spot or pulled slowly, how much water would penetrate the fabric. The Stryker works well on carpet because of the depth of the carpet, but uph fabric is less than a 1/8" usually.

One aesthetic point, would white have been a better choice than black for the cleaning head. ie putting a black tool on white fabric just gives a wrong look, even if the plastic is non-marking.
Teflon?

Looks a lot lighter. The Hydrokinetic needs to be made of that plastic. Biggest challenge is the weight of the head.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Ron

The stryker puts water straight down into carpet the hand tool is on a 45 degree so that it does not over wet

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Ron brings up a good point. The Hydrokinetic tool can be held stationary and not allow water to pass below the fabic into the stuffing. Still looks like a nice tool though. A demo at 400 psi should tell the tale.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Studebaker said:
Ron

The stryker puts water straight down into carpet the hand tool is on a 45 degree so that it does not over wet

I see what you were talking about at MF Keith. At 45 its like a DM with holes; with the vac on the airflow would pull the water to prevent over wetting. So do the holes give it some pressure or is it still a free flow like the DM?

I did find at MF that testing the DM and HK side by side, I liked the lightness of the DM but it did seem the HK recovered more water. On the microfibre sofa it would be nice to tweak the telfon head of the HK with a long wide slot to prevent the vaclines caused by the holes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom