SCHIEFFER solution hose - anyone use it

Bob Foster

Here the description from Joe Bristor's site

SCHIEFFER looks & handles like Goodyear, but it’s not Goodyear at all.

It doesn’t have the Black Death of Goodyear.

It is of more consistent quality than Goodyear.

SCHIEFFER a 1-wire steelbraid rated to 3,000psi @ 250F.

It is nice & flexible.

It’s got a slick outer jacket that is resistant to cuts and abrasion

You guys that have been using Paraflex have any of you also used this Shieffer stuff?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I used a 150 line I bought on EBay for a couple years. Worked good. Seemed identical to the Goodyear. I switched to the Parflex mainly because of the weight- the sucker's heavy.

Jerry

Supportive Member
I have not used the Schieffer hose, but i do use the parflex. Is there any way to make it "slippery" for lack of a better word? It seems like it catches on the vac hose and doesn't play well around corners etc. Any suggestions?
Thanks...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bob Foster said:
Here the description from Joe Bristor's site

SCHIEFFER looks & handles like Goodyear, but it’s not Goodyear at all.

It doesn’t have the Black Death of Goodyear.

It is of more consistent quality than Goodyear.

SCHIEFFER a 1-wire steelbraid rated to 3,000psi @ 250F.

It is nice & flexible.

It’s got a slick outer jacket that is resistant to cuts and abrasion

You guys that have been using Paraflex have any of you also used this Shieffer stuff?

Yeah right Ivebeensold I can cover shit in chocolate and tell you it is an éclair but it will still be chocolate covered shit. :lol:

Bob Foster

Joe is the real deal and is sincere in his dealings. If you aren't then Joe's attitude is FU. He's too hypersensitive about this though. So do what you want. I will still buy from him and will support others too including you John.

It looks like the Schieffer hose is American or Euro.

The reason I ask is I use Paraflex (which Joe supplied me) and like how it insulates, that its light, smooth and safe against black death. I also have gotten quite used to it but because I am a high heat guy I don't want to go back to the risks of GY Neptune.

The thing that I don't like is the "coiliness" that you get with Paraflex and even that isn't so bad except for one thing. It can rear up and coil near a shelf and grab something off of it and I would like to avoid as best as possible any changes of property damage.

Good year is thicker and heavier but it behaves. Some of these metal braided hoses don't bend very nice, have a rough skin and are quite heavy. It would be nice to find a hose that gave the best of both worlds.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bob what do you think Joe would do if he knew that you arnt using cool cuffs and are pushing the Mytee cuffs behind the scenes? !gotcha!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use GY, but have not been totally opposed to trying others, even though the "black death" problem has not really been an un-manageable issue with me. I tried the Parker hose a few years back, and the coiling problem was just too much for me to deal with. I hated it. When I need to order new hose, you can bet I will talk to Joe about his hose. I have never bought anything yet from Joe that did not perform as advertised, and I chuckle at the heat he takes from the other suppliers. You bulletin board huxters should thank your lucky stars that Joe is a bit cantankerous, because that is all that is keeping him from ruling the world of carpet cleaning suppliers.

dday

I had been looking for a new wand, and after having tried and returned Stryker and a borrowed Bentley I settled on a Joe Bristor VT-14 high flow wand. I could not be happier with the wand or with the service and follow up I received from Joe (thank you to Ken "Flyerman" Raddon for pointing me in Joe's direction).

I replace my vac hoses and solution lines each spring, and this coming year I will be buying from Joe. I will probably try a 50 foot Schieffer as my lead line to see how it performs before investing in 250 feet of it.

Bob Foster

I don't own any Mytee cuffs and run Cool Cuffs. !gotcha!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bob Foster said:
[quote="John Olson":1i6y0b4w]Bob what do you think Joe would do if he knew that you arnt using cool cuffs and are pushing the Mytee cuffs behind the scenes? !gotcha!

I don't own any Mytee cuffs and run Cool Cuffs. !gotcha![/quote:1i6y0b4w]
Oops sorry forgot Joe reads this.... !gotcha!

Bob Foster

Seriously.... I have never even had my hands on any Mytee cuffs. I DO run Cool Cuffs.

Don't get Joe pissed off at me. He's within driving distance! :lol: :lol:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Marty said:
You bulletin board huxters should thank your lucky stars that Joe is a bit cantankerous, because that is all that is keeping him from ruling the world of carpet cleaning suppliers.

I totally agree...

I use parker now after 5 years of using GY and I love it, it's soo light!! I also started using a helper everyday and don't really notice the coiling problem, actually my helper will have my sol. line perfectly coiled and ready to hang by the time I take my last pass. !gotcha!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bob Foster said:
Seriously.... I have never even had my hands on any Mytee cuffs. I DO run Cool Cuffs.

Don't get Joe pissed off at me. He's within driving distance! :lol: :lol:
So your just using Joe....I get it... Don't want him cutting you off like he has other all the other folks that supported him at one time...it'll be our little secret !gotcha!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've been using a 50' of 3/16th parflex as my lead line for a few months. The crimps it had only went to 300psi so I had Greenie put regular crimps on it. Though it's still springy like a parflex, it's not nearly as bad since it's smaller diameter and easier to handle. I run an rx at about 300 psi and a turbo hybrid at max of 1200 psi and it keeps up. I don't run a high flow wand so not sure if it will keep up with that. BTW, the 3/16 will handle more pressure and heat then the standard 1/4".

Albert

Bob Foster

So your just using Joe....I get it... Don't want him cutting you off like he has other all the other folks that supported him at one time...it'll be our little secret !gotcha![/quote:35kqzd43]

Hey don't try and make your battles with Joe mine! somewhat amus The remark was a direct joke at Joe's expense but if he read it knowing it came from me, he would laugh at it. Any shortcomings that Joe has fall short of a lot of the good he has done for myself and others.

I don't know any suppliers here who would not think of themselves as also having a few short comings. I'm gladly deal with many of them.

Joe can sometimes be a little too frank but he's honest and doesn't suffer game players well - I like that about him. He's doesn't get along with many distributors but for the most part is gold to carpet cleaners. Always good products, service and pricing.

I'll be calling Joe and getting his opinion on Schieffer hose on Monday. Be good to talk to him since its been about a year.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
:mrgreen: it's ok Bob... I'm sure Joe doesn't believe anything he reads so you don't have anything to worry about like I said it's our little secret !gotcha! 8)

lee I was referring to Larry's hose not schieffer but then again I don't know where Larry gets his hose I was just having fun :) I do know that signa crap that interlink tried saying was as good as Goodyear isn't even close.

Bob Foster

Searching for the perfect hose is almost as bad as searching for the perfect prespray...

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Hey bob, I am trying out eaglewash one wire and am very happy with it. I have about 600 hrs on it and all is well. The most heat I can get is 235 ish at the wand. With paraflex at that temp, I was blistering the inside of the hose. I paid 170 with shipping, but I am close to saracuse ny were it is made. That is for a 150 . It lays flat, no more shit getting knock of off end tables . No more slinky at the van when you have the whole 150 off the real.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Albert;

The 3/16" ID hose is too small. Heat rating is the same.

You are losing a lot of pressure when flowing 2 GPM in the Turbo-H.

Albert Lazo said:
I've been using a 50' of 3/16th parflex as my lead line for a few months. The crimps it had only went to 300psi so I had Greenie put regular crimps on it.
I run an rx at about 300 psi and a turbo hybrid at max of 1200 psi and it keeps up. I don't run a high flow wand so not sure if it will keep up with that. BTW, the 3/16 will handle more pressure and heat then the standard 1/4".

Albert
Larry

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'll have to put a gauge on the turbo and test it Larry...thanks. It does sound the same as if a 1/4 was in there though.

On top of that I use a 1/4" air hose as a garden hose. As long as the spiket is turned on all the way it if fine and the pump does not stop.

Albert

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You boys an all yer fancy stuff. I just use a garden hose to moisten up the carpet before I scrub in the Tide. I got me a shop vac that'll run off 2 sets of triple A batteries.REAL, raw unbridled power.

Oh- my niece works for a hose wholesaler. shiteatinggrin

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have it and like it so far. I moved away from parflex because my "fire breathing"cds was bursting the ends like crazy. Well see how it holds up.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
just use parker, I am still using the same parker hoses that I first bought in 2004, a year or so later I bought the first run of KMA paraflex from greenie, I had some pin hole leaks on the ends a couple years ago, had it cut and reswedged and its STILL going strong. I would have replaced my goodyear hoses 6x in that amount of time. honestly I can't ask for ANY more from a solution hose.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm still using my Goodyear hose that I bought around 3 years ago. I never replace it until I get that first hint of black in the water. Probably get another year or two out of it. Some of you guys should be over on ICS.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
600 hours or once a year. Why take unnecessary risks? Steve probably hasn't run 600 hours since 2004 but porkchop has to do more the 200 hours a year. Hose is cheap replacing furniture or having a dad like me that will drop you down an abandon mine if you burn my wife or kids because you a dumb cheapass is expensive and potential life alterin/ending.

Bob Foster

I agree with you John. At the least if you don't want to replace them cut a couple of feet of each end and reverse them and reswage them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom