Secret potions distributors don't want you to know about

Bob Foster

WARNING IF YOUR DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING WITH THIS STUFF DON'T USE IT UNLESS YOUR WALDO.

Even many of the notables of our industry use them

There are quite a few so lets here them

White Vinegar
Downy fabric softener
Drug Store Peroxide
Rubbing Alcohol
Bleach

Keep em coming.....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Re: Secret cleaning potions your distributor won't tell you

I always keep a roll of toilet paper on the truck too.

Hand sanitizer too.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
And when you need tech support after using all those products, don't call me, call Walmart.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
scottw said:
And when you need tech support after using all those products, don't call me, call Walmart.

Funny though. The last IICRC upholstery class I attended, the instructor had all (5) of those in his spotting arsenal.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
You screw a rug or carpet up no matter who's product you use no manufacturer is going to cover the use of their product

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Without ugly, there can be no beauty.

Or put it another way...... without Hacks, there can be no true professional pride.

Add "checkbook" to your list.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Re: Secret cleaning potions your distributor won't tell you

Jimmy L said:
I always keep a roll of toilet paper on the truck too.

Hand sanitizer too.

yup cuz you never know in them empties....

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Whink is an awesome rust remover, works just as good(if not better) as any "carpet cleaning" product for rust.

Acetone is what the ladies use to get nail polish off fingers. So you bet it's going to work on carpet(plastic).

F

FB7777

ditto on the Whink as a great rust remover

it works better than most of the 'carpet cleaning products ' because its hydroflouric acid

Erusticator was the best , but with employees its best to stay away from bottles with skull and cross bones on them :shock:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
30 vol & non-sudsing ammonia
120 proof vodka
Fels naptha
Hand sanitizer/rubbing alchohol
Woolite

And yeah I'll still give you tech support... Just bare in mind that I do have 3 kids, I still clean and have class 4 nights a week.
812-754-1447
812-595-8271 (cell)

: )

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
In fact I'll even help you be more successful with things you buy from interlink/BP/JonDon/CCCS/ExcellentSupply/Vacaway/Cobbs or anyone else because customer service isn't about sales its about serving the needs of others(even if they haven't spent a dime). Helping people solve problems even if they created them is kind of part of the distributor's job... Not because you sold them a $9 bottle of product X. If you help people succeed maybe they'll help you succed in return & if not, hey good luck to them anyway...

Some people should probably worry a little less about selling an extra pint or 2 watered down juice and more about actually helping the people in the industry they claim to be in business to serve... Sometimes that means helping people save a few dollars on things that we all know will work... Frankly, discouraging the use of some known safe remedies for specific problems because you have a different product on your shelf is disgusting to me.

Call WalMart? Give me a break... You basically are the industry WalMart. :lol:
Respectfully submitted,
The Notably Notorious Jeremy

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Distilled Water Great stuff

No concerns here Bob. I see people screw up just as often with brand name products as generic ones.

Its a matter of understanding what you are using and knowing what you are doing with it....just like with the brand names.

There are some issues where product liability support from the manufacturer can come into play of course, but I'm not about to play attorney or insurance company on that one.

I've been involved with a few of those; they are ugly all the way up and down the ladder of responsibility

Consult your insurance carrier.

Bob Foster

Marty said:
I just want somebody to tell me what those purple truck guys use in their stock solution tank.

100 year old secret. I think it might involve some kind of ritual that revolves around an equinox and sheep in rut....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jim Pemberton said:
Distilled Water Great stuff

No concerns here Bob. I see people screw up just as often with brand name products as generic ones.

Its a matter of understanding what you are using and knowing what you are doing with it....just like with the brand names.

There are some issues where product liability support from the manufacturer can come into play of course, but I'm not about to play attorney or insurance company on that one.

I've been involved with a few of those; they are ugly all the way up and down the ladder of responsibility

Consult your insurance carrier.

Why the hell don't we have a LIKE button here?

Take care,
Lisa

Jamesh921

Name
James
Jeremy
Post subject: Re: Secret potions distributors don't want you to know about

In fact I'll even help you be more successful with things you buy from interlink/BP/JonDon/CCCS/ExcellentSupply/Vacaway/Cobbs or anyone else because customer service isn't about sales its about serving the needs of others(even if they haven't spent a dime). Helping people solve problems even if they created them is kind of part of the distributor's job... Not because you sold them a $9 bottle of product X. If you help people succeed maybe they'll help you succed in return & if not, hey good luck to them anyway...

Some people should probably worry a little less about selling an extra pint or 2 watered down juice and more about actually helping the people in the industry they claim to be in business to serve... Sometimes that means helping people save a few dollars on things that we all know will work... Frankly, discouraging the use of some known safe remedies for specific problems because you have a different product on your shelf is disgusting to me.

Call WalMart? Give me a break... You basically are the industry WalMart.
Respectfully submitted,
The Notably Notorious Jeremy

Awesome: a "likeable" rebel for sure.

I've heard Windex works great!

Yep, it does.....at cleaning windows. But, it leaves purple spots on the carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom