Service Monster 5.0...kaPOW!!@@

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
What? It's about time! Hopefully it's not too much change. My office gal "wife" does not like major change. Nevertheless bring it on sm.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Mike, my only concern with sm is that the estimate numbers are the same as actual invoices. Why can't they be separate? I've mentioned this concern to several sm agents and have never got anywhere. It really screws up my precise numerical system.

Joe Kowalski are you listening ?

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Joe that est/invoice thing always set me off as well. Hard to get real numbers for those that like to track everything

Name
Torrey Whitaker
I hope it's a good update.
I do almost all my work from iPad and as if right now Sm is a tolerated annoyance at best.
If this update fixes my woes, it may stop my search for something better on mobile and not so limited.

Any details?

PS. Am I the only one who was a little put off how everytime I asked a question about a feature it needs or something, they would just tell you that basically "no one else has that problem, they just use a comp with IE, maybe we can put that request in to the programmers but..."

Mikey P

Administrator
the details are you will be able to access the full featured program from any tablet, smartphone or Apple device.

Mobile 2.0 will still be available.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Be intersting to see how fast ( read slow) it run full OS on ipad/ mini.
Or even a nexus type.

For est-- invoces. I've learn to run reports using schedule filters.. Ie work

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have been pushing for this years before I ever started using SM... I have asked Joe every single time I've talked to him... I hate IE and windows with a passion. I am very excited about this release and really hope Joe listens to us here about feature request.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
The answer is no. Also, only the windows version of QB can do the data sync as apposed to data import which really sucks.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
The answer is no. Also, only the windows version of QB can do the data sync as apposed to data import which really sucks.

Yep, that blows. I may just have to switch back to the windows version then because this double entering everything is getting old.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm having issues applying a "new payment". It won't save when I hit the save thingy, it makes me close the window and manually enter the amount paid. I entered 4 invoices and it did it every time..

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
In firefox gave me error and said there was a bug and wanted to make a ticket...I was doing a very long water damage line item invoice and lost quite a few of them because of that.

I will just continue to use it on Explorer till all kinks are figured out and fixed.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I would try other browsers until I found my liking..... Or just buy a MacBook and be done.

hogjowl

Idiot™
This morning, I tried to merge two accounts, and it wouldn't let me do a search for the merged account. I also can't get my printer button to pull up on the print invoice screen.

Mikey P

Administrator
You don't know what browser you are using. .

Do your son a favor and fire him now.
Tell Jasper, Macon, Orville, Wyatt, Buford, Otis or what ever the hell his name is, that you are a complete retard and when a Oxy Fresh or Pro Carpet franchise comes to town with its well formulated website, you'll be out of biz in two months.

Lordy..

Last edited:
Reactions: FredC

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
All,

RE: Invoices and Estimates. If you want to "keep" your estimates you can always copy them instead of converting them to Work Orders. If you're looking to track up-sale info, then use the upsale feature and perhaps even commissions, even if you don't pay that way.

RE: 5.0 Issues. We are working to address the issues that have been reported. We have posted 4 times since Monday night. Every call is logged and every issues is sent to engineering. The "biggest" one that should be address tonight is has to do with DOUBLE CLICKING. If you double click on buttons you will get 2! (payments, orders, accounts).

You don't double click the internet! (but we will fix it in the next day or so).

RE: iPad: Mobile is still your best bet for touch devices. And we have already prototyped Mobile 3. For those of you that remember the original Mobile; the difference between Mobile 2 and Mobile 3 is greater than the difference between Mobile 1 and Mobile 2. I'm so fricken' excited. Come talk to me in Vegas!

And yes, I'm listening.

Enjoy,
~Joe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom