ServiceMonster Problem/Question

hogjowl

Idiot™
One of the few really irritating things about SM for me is it's search feature. It has always been annoying to me. Let me describe my problem and you guys tell me if you have ever noticed this.

I did a job for a lady this morning and thought I had been there before, because I had all her room dimensions in the computer, but when I looked in her profile there was no previous history. So, my first thought was her house must be a rental. One that I had cleaned before, but the file was actually under some realtors name instead of hers. So, I typed in her actual street address and did a search on the street address only. It only pulled up her file. Nothing came up under any other location. So I thought it odd, but went with it.

When I got to the job, I realized she and I had actually met, she remembered me, and according to her I had cleaned the house before. I just had to ask her what was up ... when I was there and all that? She said "you know, Carol ---- Realty, had you come clean it last year".

So, when I get back to the office, and I search again. I still can't pull up anything searching her street address other than her file. So, then I go into the Realtor's account and go to her site address log and sure enough, there is a site under her name for that exact same address! The way it is typed in is the same. Same spelling EVERYTHING!

Now, I really would have liked to have been able to pull that up BEFORE getting to her house, so I could have acted like I remembered her!

Are you guys seeing this sort of stuff with SM?

Last edited:

-JB-

Name
JB
Yes, generally, I will now just create a separate account for the "actual" customer, addy and all. Put it under Prospects if need be, but it's still there. For as often as it happens its not that redundant.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just don't understand HOW they can NOT have it to where it will pull up both street addresses? Or, another thing ... have you noticed that you can't type in the first letters of a person's last name and get everybody who's names start with those letters? For instance, you can't type in SUT and get all the Suttons, Suttles and Sutleys. What you get is absolutely nothing!

You have to spell out the whole name, and spell it correctly for the search to be successful.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
i thinks you are using the wrong search bar.
try using the one in the navagator to left. was told this was the main search Bar I should be using
works for me.

yes, i agree, search not as strong as service ceo, compromise, (

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Mobil version is limited in search to. I cleaned some CGD last night and couldn't get the info from the original estimate I submitted. Trying to be consistent with my pricing but will have to do it through the desktop version I think.

Russ

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Back
Top Bottom