Severe Filtration Line Removal ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mardie said:
Has anyone got a magic recipe for filtration line removal that will work 100% on all different kinds of carpet?

nah, cause not all filtration soil conditions aren't created equal , nor the length time the soil has been accumulating, which condition caused it (generally a negative air draw) , how statically charged on it is, and type carpet all contribute to the myriad of variables that make it easy to impossible to "completely" remove

and if it's from negative air flow thru the walls, it will return if the wall and floor joint isn't caulked and sealed

having said all that, good ole Fels Naptha soap (yea the stuff our grandmothers used) works great .
though it needs thoroughly rinsed and isn't the easiest soap to rinse out either

strong degreasers boosted with oxy work well too

and of coarse there are the juices specifically targeted for filtration soil removal .
From my experience, they're no more full proof or better than the above suggestions

agitation with all above should be assumed too

..l.T.A.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Nothing is 100%... But Fels Naptha and a crevis tool or Magic Bullet are good choices...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Also depends on how much time one wants to invest in dry vacuuming with the vacuum cleaner's hose attachment...

We prefer to use an actual grout brush (with a long broom handle) along the baseboards after it was pretreated.
Underneath doors just pretreat and any type of agitation method would work as long as there is enough dwell time.

A lot of presprays would break the static bond between the carbon particles and the fiber at hand.

Fels is great too. (97cents at wallyworld so I bought all they had because amazon sold it for 4.99 a piece)

If a customer specificly wants soil filtration removed they will pay extra or I would not do it. That is not regular soil that is included in regular carpet cleaning prices. (your car detailer wont polish up years of neglect on your car, if you just pay for a car wash either)

Able 1

Name
Keith
Fels is good, but "Invade" by "DCS" is the best I have used for filtration lines, and best all around spotter IMO. The problem with the stuff is I don't think it's very good for you. I had put some in one of those "Milo" bottles and it messed up the rubber before the second job of the day. :shock: You do have to rinse the stuff out though it rinses better then Fels. I do always try the.fels first..

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Fels for your regular filtration is as good as any. I have run into a few that was bad all around heat vents and out into the floor, covering more area than I wanted to spend time on my hands and knees for, these usually are a result of malfunctioning gas heat or kero heaters. For those I use wall wash in a pump sprayer and 175 w/brush. worked good

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Low moisture air cell technology is the best for that.......... shiteatinggrin

If you can find it in your area, try Ultrachem Clean. It's also a great all around spotter for rust, blood, grease, tar, gum, etc.

You never responded to my offer of getting you a ride along Mardie

mcatt

Name
Mike
I have really good luck with my citrus gel or pro choice filtration remover.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Air cell extraction coupled with a revolving multi bristled brush attachment directly on the filtration soil load should do it.

But NOT any form of the soaking wet for days method called HWE.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ruff Hewn said:
Mardie said:
Has anyone got a magic recipe for filtration line removal that will work 100% on all different kinds of carpet?

nah, cause not all filtration soil conditions aren't created equal , nor the length time the soil has been accumulating, which condition caused it (generally a negative air draw) , how statically charged on it is, and type carpet all contribute to the myriad of variables that make it easy to impossible to "completely" remove

and if it's from negative air flow thru the walls, it will return if the wall and floor joint isn't caulked and sealed

having said all that, good ole Fels Naptha soap (yea the stuff our grandmothers used) works great .
though it needs thoroughly rinsed and isn't the easiest soap to rinse out either

strong degreasers boosted with oxy work well too

and of coarse there are the juices specifically targeted for filtration soil removal .
From my experience, they're no more full proof or better than the above suggestions

agitation with all above should be assumed too

..l.T.A.

Right on!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Zee said:
Also depends on how much time one wants to invest in dry vacuuming with the vacuum cleaner's hose attachment...

We prefer to use an actual grout brush (with a long broom handle) along the baseboards after it was pretreated.
Underneath doors just pretreat and any type of agitation method would work as long as there is enough dwell time.

A lot of presprays would break the static bond between the carbon particles and the fiber at hand.

Fels is great too. (97cents at wallyworld so I bought all they had because amazon sold it for 4.99 a piece)

If a customer specificly wants soil filtration removed they will pay extra or I would not do it. That is not regular soil that is included in regular carpet cleaning prices. (your car detailer wont polish up years of neglect on your car, if you just pay for a car wash either)
I always explain filtration lines that are evident, to the client when i am giving a quote. I tell them this is not a part of normal carpet cleaning and that it requires specialty stain removal and that the results cannot be 100% guaranteed.Depending on the job and situation i charge $1.00 per linear ft.for the full meal deal. or i just add 5 cents per sq.ft. on the overall job which includes a full detail straight cleaning,which can most times bring the carpet to an acceptable appearance level. I find it is important to mention this before the job so they wont think i did a shitty job.It just sounds like BS if you try to explain it after the job.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Willy P said:
Low moisture air cell technology is the best for that.......... shiteatinggrin

If you can find it in your area, try Ultrachem Clean. It's also a great all around spotter for rust, blood, grease, tar, gum, etc.

You never responded to my offer of getting you a ride along Mardie
I appreciate your offer on the ride along,but am in no position or have the time to expand into that area yet.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Jimmy L said:
Air cell extraction coupled with a revolving multi bristled brush attachment directly on the filtration soil load should do it.

But NOT any form of the soaking wet for days method called HWE.
I hope that you are not implying that i said or wrote that HWE has anything to do with soaking wet carpet for days because if you are you have clearly mistaken me for someone else.

This advanced air cell technology gets me a premium $ for upholstery & leather and due to its ability for detailing and results i get an unheard of $5.00 a step no questions asked.
? I am new to mikeys board and am confused about a certain terminology that i hear quite often. It is the word (CALL BACK) and it is used in such a way that it sounds like a bad thing that everyone would like to prevent. The closest i can figure is that it means a repeat customer,but that is good. Please explain.
Thank You

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom