Sh^t

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The Official I Hate It When Thread

I hate it when I show up to do a condo buildings halls only to find out the water is shut off. (today, again)

I hate it the customer piles up the furniture on half the room.

I hate it when the customer asks you to just "hit that room there" and doesn't want to pay for it.

Chime in.....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
They ask you to throw in the entrance mat and then 10 more find there way in front of the wand.

Newbie adv sales reps call and ask if we are doing any advertising~ HELLO?????

Even worse yet, an adv rep calls me up and says they want to come in to "learn about my business". I tell them it will be $250.00 an hour for a consultation, but if they want to come in and pitch their product it is free.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They ask you to throw in the entrance mat and then 10 more find there way in front of the wand.
After you cleaned them for free, they complain because 1-of them didn't clean as good as the others. FREE mats! no won ton soup for you!

Gotta love it! eat shit!

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
i dislike it when they want you to move the sofa,,which they had loaded up with other items to get up off the floor,,,

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You run out of water 2 feet from the door.
Customer says they will be back to pay before I'm done.
Black DEath.
The chimp says ____ just broke.
They want it done yesterday and to pay next year.
Interlink Supply Calls mam, thats for the basic steam clean only..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
stand the bed up in the hall way right at the bedroom entrance....

dont touch my fooking hose.....

ask if they are going to need to get out of the garage...they tell you no...then half way threw they want to go to star bucks.......

dogs....don't even get me started...

cats....same as dogs...

dont touch my fooking hose....

already said...stack a mile high pile of crap on something then want you to move it...

I confirmed the job the night before...I called and told you I was on my way...why in the hell is there still toys and crap all over the place.....

while you are here can you just hit that entrance to the bedroom for me all the way to the bed.....which is pretty much the entire room....

there 20 minutes is about 35 minutes longer then the normal.....20 minutes..

did I mention..don't touch my fooking hose..............

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You run out of water 2 feet from the door.
Customer says they will be back to pay before I'm done.
Black DEath.
The chimp says ____ just broke.
They want it done yesterday and to pay next year.
Interlink Supply Calls mam, thats for the basic steam clean only..
Man I've had all your list but Interlink. I've seen Jimmy naked

Interlink doesn't call.....they usually come in person. Heck Bob even brought doughnuts back when he was doing well.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
i agree w/ you Jim,,, they know someone is coming over,,put the damn pets out of the way,, i like pets,,well,,dogs,i dont care for cats at all,, Lol.

you knock on the door and they say i need 5 mins,,turns into 15mins or longer,,

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Foghorn said:
Interlink doesn't call.....they usually come in person. Heck Bob even brought doughnuts back when he was doing well.

Don’t get me started on Bob. Bob was the worst!
“If I had a truckmount I would throw away the wand and call the company Mr. Tile”,
"The Adjuster won’t even talk to you if you don’t have a______”

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
furniture farmers - people with way too much stuff!

Like cat statues, fake plants, little wooden tables just to hold a photo, wicker thing with magazines in it, wicker thing with cat toys and so on... lol! And it all needs to be moved, tabs and blocked.

Moving furniture(nick nacks) has to be my biggest time killer.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
I hate it when..."here's the 7 year old piss stain I told you about, I tried everything under my kitchen sink, it's discolored, but you should be able to get it out "EASY".

"Can you "HIT" this "SMALL" area really "QUICK"...I swear I've heard that f$#kin' phrase 1,000 times!

"The last company I used had no problem with those stains"....REALLY?!? Then why the fok did you call me?

"Don't worry, my pitbulls don't bite".....yeah, well...every dog thats bit someone was "bite-free" before the 1st bit...I don't wanna be the 1st.

"This other company has a coupon for the whole house for $100" well then, call them, don't have me come here to try and get me to drop my prices.

"I figured you'd just move everything to one side of the room and then clean it, it's not much furniture"

Just a few of the dozen things that probably irratate us all.

Name
I'm Rick James
The worst is when you are in an empty house sitting down using the bathroom, doing your thing and realizing half way through there is no toilet paper or the water is turned off to the house..

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I hate when a client calls or emails and says "there won't be any furniture for you guys to move, no obstacles, it's relatively EASY so it should be less, right!?" Than you tell them the more carpeted areas the more it'll cost, and they still don't get why!

Hate when they call you and mention they have a few pet stains, you get to the house, and they say my dog(s) only go in that corner, you shine the blacklight and there's urine all over the entire house, yet they want to question your blacklight and tell you that can't possibly be pet urine since they're pets never pee "there"...

Don't mind the hose as MUCH as I HATE when they touch my equipment, they just freakin' grab it like they own it, especially maintenance people @ condo buildings, I tell those right off the bat "Do NOT touch my equipment" in a firm voice. You don't see me touching your sh!T!

The kid that keeps following you around the house asking what's that? & why every 5 seconds, and the parents don't get that we're trying to work. I love kids, but quickly found out the ones that keep asking What's that? & Why it's a game for them!

As you walk in the house, lady says "can you start in the basement? I'm still putting things away upstairs" (when you sent them a how to prepare list a week in advance).

When you arrive @ a flood job, and ask the client when did the loss happened, and they don't know for sure, than a friend, mother in law, or the neighbor comes over the next day and becomes the EXPERT, tries to tell you that there's no way it happened in such such date as if they're questioning you, like we have a crystal ball to know exactly when it happened!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Can u catch this spot in the car......and this one......and this one........and this one........and this one.......and this one........

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Caduceus said:
The worst is when you are in an empty house sitting down using the bathroom, doing your thing and realizing half way through there is no toilet paper or the water is turned off to the house..
Good thing you got a T/M lol

If my tech leaves another spot brush or gum scrapper behind, I'm going to bust a vein. would the real rob allen please stand up? would the real rob allen please stand up?

Oh and no count how many rolls of sticky tabs I have lost.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Gotta be when nothing is ready

My dog doesn't pee on the carpet though. ( well somebody is! )

Can you throw this or that in. ( sure, if you can buy my gas for the day, or lunch, or my daughters $100 ballet shoes, etc... )

Can I exchange sexual favors for the cleaning today? I can't stand when she asks that! That's just not going to pay my mortgage miss Smith. Plus your 70! Ughhhh

Becker

Name
Becker
When they think they are going to stay a room ahead of you cleaning up and preparing for carpet cleaning.

Or taking a call. Just as you finish. And chat away long after you are ready to be paid and leave.

But. 98% of my customers are awesome.

S

sam miller

Jay_wat said:
i dislike it when they want you to move the sofa,,which they had loaded up with other items to get up off the floor,,,

I hate all the above and when I move a couch block it and they come bump it over say it goes here! I've seen Jimmy naked

Its really bad when You block it and they do it again! MUther BLEEEP! Look Biotch I'm not blocking 5 times figure it out.

Crap everywhere is a given I just throw it all in the bed! they can sort it out later. KMA!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
turning the chairs upside down on the dining room table and then telling you to make sure you get way under there..........

pulling up to the house to find..4 painters in 3 different rooms..house keepers everywhere cleaning...landscapers... window washers...and 8 cars and 3 moving trucks....blocking the entire home.......

and don't touch my fooking hose.........

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I share A LOT of those that were already mentioned..

But one of my worst is when I show up and they have move all the furniture away from the wall right into the traffic lanes.
When a couch is moved out and covering up the whole used area where everyones feet rest making it the dirtiest.

Now we have to move everything back just to be able to vacuum up all those places and move everything 3 more times.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Asking for a discount when they already used a coupon. #1 on my list

Letting their kids run wild in the house while you are trying to prespray and after you told them the effects of little Billy cracking his skull on their adjoining tile floor

You get there and they entertain you with stories of all the contractors they have sued

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Mardie said:
Caduceus said:

I gotta chime in on this one. Although I never use a toilet in a customers home, I was hit by the urge while cleaning an empty rental house. No problem.... water was on, paper was in stock, good to go. I'm happily sitting there doing my business, taking my time, good internet connection so I had reading material as well. About halfway thru I get the eerie feeling that someone is watching me. I look around and on the right hand side is the biggest damn window I have ever seen in a bathroom... clear glass... and it is lined up with a window in the so-very-close neighboring home, whose occupants apparently did not own a television.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
rhino1 said:
Mardie said:
Caduceus said:

I gotta chime in on this one. Although I never use a toilet in a customers home, I was hit by the urge while cleaning an empty rental house. No problem.... water was on, paper was in stock, good to go. I'm happily sitting there doing my business, taking my time, good internet connection so I had reading material as well. About halfway thru I get the eerie feeling that someone is watching me. I look around and on the right hand side is the biggest damn window I have ever seen in a bathroom... clear glass... and it is lined up with a window in the so-very-close neighboring home, whose occupants apparently did not own a television.

As long as you weren't polishing your rocket...... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Name
BradFenstermaker
You have serviced this customer like a dozen times. Reminder call day before, let them now on way from previous job.

AND EVERY FREAKIN TIME THEY STILL HAVE THE CARS PARKED IN THE WAY. Hello don't you remember the other 11 times you had to move your car????

Today a dadgum yardsale was going on at my last stop.

A bedroom is loaded with urine and stinks to high heaven, they Ask " the cleaning will get that smell out right?" we have company coming over tonite.

I suggest taking a big dump on the otherside of the bed before they arrive.

They lie to your face about no pets in the house, interesting you shed short gray hairs from your legs then??

The best 1 I cant stand is the old " I forgot the checkbook, my husband has it " landlords love floating invoice's waiting on the next renters deposit. But they have a brand new Dodge diesel pickup.

All of the above are great

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Becker said:
When they think they are going to stay a room ahead of you cleaning up and preparing for carpet cleaning.

Or taking a call. Just as you finish. And chat away long after you are ready to be paid and leave.

But. 98% of my customers are awesome.

Oh man, I have one customer that is never ready when I show up. I get there late and she just starts getting ready later. I put her in my contacts. When she calls, I let it go to voicemail. I call her back at the end of the day.

I hate the ones that decide to leave when you are almost done. They say they will be back in 10 minutes. Yea right.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
clean for people who ALWAYS turn the heat up before you show up,,

clean at a retirement home,,and i swear,,some of them old folks just wait to fook w/ me,,,i always close off the areas (dining rooms) we are working in,,dont want them tripping over cords,,have tables/chairs moved around for cleaning the carpet,, they keep trying to enter and i keep trying to be polite,,, have to work on that p word,,what was it again?? patience! thats it!

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Showing up to clean tile and being told that the carpet cleaner is going to be here any time. Thought we could both work at the same time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom