Sha Sha Shaving cream??

Mikey P

Administrator
Frugal customer wanted me to price match the new guy on the block

told him he would clean his empty rental, 750 sq ft 2 bed room& steps for $140, we charged him $460 last time and I offered 20% off this time since it's been less then a year.

We agreed to have the tenant put up his $140 and he would pay the difference.

index_r1_c1.gif
index_r1_c3.gif
spacer.gif
services.gifestitmate.giftips.giftestimonials.gifaboutus.gifcontact.gifhome.gif
spacer.gif
SANTA CRUZ CARPET CLEANING TIPS

Carpet freshener
An easy way to brighten and spruce up a dull carpet, is to sprinkle a thin layer of borax over it. Let it sit overnight, then vacuum it well the next day. Another version is to add twice the amt. of corn meal or cornstarch to the borax and treat the carpet as above. Or, add 4 Tbs. reg. baby powder and 3 Tbs. cornstarch to a cup of baking soda and treat the carpet as above.

Carpet stain removal.
A good general carpet stain remover is foamy shaving cream
:eekk:. Simply apply a blob to the area. Rub it in well with a sponge and then rinse the area off with clan water. Let dry overnight and vacuum the next day. Waterless hand cleaner is also a good way to clean up stains like oil, grease and even tomato-based messes.

<script></script>
<object name="FLVPlayer" width="342" height="291" id="FLVPlayer" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0">

</object></p>
Coffee and tea.
Blot as much of the spill with paper towels, then apply distilled white vinegar to the area. If the stain persists, use a blob of foamy shaving cream on the stain, rub it in with a sponge and rinse off with water. Let dry and vacuum.

Chewing Gum & Wax
Freeze stains such as chewing gum and candle wax with ice or commercially available product in an aerosol can. Shatter with a blunt object and vacuum before the chips soften. Follow up with solvent.

Blood
Hydrogen Peroxide on a cotton ball dab it on use a paper towel to wipe it up.

Last but not least Pet Accidents.
Pour a liberal amt. of club soda on the area and blot immediately with paper towels. If the odor is still there the next day, cover the area with about 1/4 inch of baking soda and let it sit on the carpet for 2 day, then vacuum.

<noscript>&amp;lt;object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="342" height="291" id="FLVPlayer"&amp;gt; &amp;lt;param name="movie" value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" /&amp;gt; &amp;lt;param name="salign" value="lt" /&amp;gt; &amp;lt;param name="quality" value="high" /&amp;gt; &amp;lt;param name="scale" value="noscale" /&amp;gt; &amp;lt;param name="FlashVars" value="&amp;amp;MM_ComponentVersion=1&amp;amp;skinName=Halo_Skin_2&amp;amp;streamName=MVI_1380&amp;amp;autoPlay=true&amp;amp;autoRewind=true" /&amp;gt; &amp;lt;embed src="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" flashvars="&amp;amp;MM_ComponentVersion=1&amp;amp;skinName=Halo_Skin_2&amp;amp;streamName=MVI_1380&amp;amp;autoPlay=true&amp;amp;autoRewind=true" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="342" height="291" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" /&amp;gt;&amp;lt; /object&amp;gt;</noscript>

stain1.jpg

Before
stain2.jpg
Durning
stain3.jpg

After

<tbody> </tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
<center>Aptos | Ben Lomond | Bonney Doon | Boulder Creek | Capitola | Davenport | Felton | Santa Cruz | Scotts Valley | Soquel | Watsonville </center>
HONEST, NEAT AND PROFESSIONAL

SERVICES | FREE ESTIMATE | CLEANING TIPS | TESTIMONIALS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | HOME
TIDY GREEN CARPET CLEANING
343 Soquel Ave ~ Santa Cruz, CA 95062

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Attachments

• spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 99

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
THat guy is a little cheap, but not far off for what we charge on empties. My guys love them. On average they make over 20 dollars an hour cleaning them and we make a tidy profit as well. I wonder what Ken Snow would of charged. He seems to be very reasonable and somehow makes enough money to get premium coffee every now and then.

K

KP

with your personality (and the shithole you live in) I can see why you would think it can't be pulled off.

Dont pretend to know me...I was talking economics,and if you can,good for you,but to get insecure and post it when someone else gives a quote to your customer..it reminds me of that prick that use to run this board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had a client tell me that shaving cream will take out kool-aid spots on Monday.

I said that's great. But, it is not what we do.

I"ve had others tell me that toothpaste is good for filling nail holes or douche for pet odors.

They need to quite reading these stupid tips in womens magazines or from lame carpet cleaners.

Reactions: SamIam

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Dont pretend to know me...I was talking economics,and if you can,good for you,but to get insecure and post it when someone else gives a quote to your customer..it reminds me of that prick that use to run this board.

Anyone see a Wabbit Wun Thwough hea ? :yawn:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I"ve had others tell me that toothpaste is good for filling nail holes
They need to quite reading these stupid tips in womens magazines or from lame carpet cleaners.

Plain White in sheetrock, yes. It doesnt shrink like mudd, dries fast and you can paint right over it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I see, but its perfectly fine for you to pretend
to know me and my wonderful micro financial climate?
For as long as I can remember you've been telling me I've been lying about my business and not once have you had a fact or one of my local cleaners that visit here to back you up..

And dont forget...Corky knows you real well.

Happy holidays!

QUOTE=KP;4188742]Dont pretend to know me...I was talking economics,and if you can,good for you,but to get insecure and post it when someone else gives a quote to your customer..it reminds me of that prick that use to run this board.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Who gives a crap what other cleaners in other parts of the country charge?

If Mike charges more than you and his customers are ok with it. That is all the matters.

Most cleaners don't charge enough and it hurts the industry as a whole.

K

KP

I see, but its perfectly fine for you to oetend to know me and my wonderful micro financial climate?

For as long as I can remember you've been telling me I've been lying about my business and not once have you had a fact or one of my local cleaners that visit here to back you up..

And dont forget...Corky knows you real well.

Happy holidays!

"Corky knows me well"..really? Nick is gay right? Damn you should be a Kardashian.Look back at your threads and tell me where I question your financials.I did question your review for Hardball chemicals "in my 20 years dealing with suppliers" thing since you worked for Coit,hence the "supply clerk" theory of mine.Anyway,Im not going to play drama with you,you are way outta my league.

Happy Hollidays to you as well.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not only was I the local Coits go to guy for R and D when it came to to testing the endless new products that were given to them to try out* but since I kept my van at home and only went to the office twice a month I was always "dealing with suppliers" to keep my van stocked

But thanks for assuming the worse..

K

KP

I am not assuming anything,I have first hand knowledge from a corporate Coit,and as of 99 they did not know how to remove red stains,and they took there trucks home too.As far as testing...you mean you tested the new Chemspec product? I understand the image you have to portray here,but it was in know way the same as me or other operators looking into supplers no matter how you spin it.Anyway,Im going back inside my shithole to watch some reality tv and crank call Kustom Karpet Kare now.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well, Kevin I guess you must know everything there is to know about me so no point in going back and forth.

All I know for a fact about you is two years ago you were subbing for Corky for 50% of the bill

and thats alll I need to know about a supposed 20 year+ veteren to this amazingly complex industry.

Reactions: FB7777
K

KP

Again,where did I say that?I knew the workings of Coit and you turn it into a "I know everything about you" crap.Supposed 20 year?Do you even do repairs? spot dye?23 years WTF you been doing?You question my knowledge? what a joke.Suck it up dude and quit throwing tidbits of shit to deflect from the actual subject.Complexed industry indeed.

feliz navidad

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't do apartments Kevin.

no need to master the koolaide and cookie cutter upsell.

as for your tantrum, I've been dealing with supply shops (Proline, CMS and Modern Pioneer for the 1st 13 of them) for 24 years.

deal with it

K

KP

Thanks for keeping it on subject Mike,it really doesnt matter to me,I have to go do my rounds and throw a tantrum at the Allens now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom