Skunk odor

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just got a client with skunk odor.
In your experience: Will regular good old soak for 15 minutes with Odorcide or Judson's DD-12 work?

Naturally followed with a traffic lane pre-spray boosted with peroxide + heavy clean and rinse.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Odor is likely to be in a lot more than the carpet. They may not to clean the home from top to bottom, at least all porous surfaces.

Hydrocide Xtreme works well on fabrics. You can mix your own Krebaum's formula for unfinished surfaces like floor joist, cement block in the crawl space.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer is it just tracked from shoes or the dog? If just tracked like that yes I think it's not that difficult to remove.

I'll get skunks in the barn now and then and they will spray. You get 10-15 feet from the barn and you can tell a skunk had sprayed. When I come in my wife will rush me off to the shower and quickly get my clothes into the washer. (the only time she wants to get me out of my clothes quickly)

It all washes off easily if it's just a little contact with mist floating in the air. However direct contact spray will be much more difficult.

The barn and even the gravel often smells for a week or more before that Sutley odor.....I mean skunk odor is gone. :p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Richard and Scott.
It was skunk that sprayed the dog and the dog just wanted to "share" :p rolling on the carpet.

Gave it a good Odorcide soak, followed by an enzyme pre-spray + oxidizer boosted + added deodorizer, followed by a Proxyon Oxidizer boosted + scent- rinse.

I think that three punch combo did it.

Or I may just have lost my sense of smell :p

P.S. Richard, I am delighted to hear that your wife, at certain Sutley times, can't contain herself :p

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Next time you come to the states, get in touch and we will drive a few back roads in Tennessee. You will soon be familiar with the scent.

To me the odor is not the worst smell, but it requires such a small amount in the air to be sensed that it is very pervasive. You can smell it a mile away. If the cleaning leaves the smallest molecules behind, it will reach your nose. There is not getting away from it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim Bethel said:
I know scent is a hard thing to explain - but for an Aussie that has never smelt a skunk - is there something you can use to explain how bad the stench is? Just curious, thats all.
Pungent!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Bitter burnt sulphur, similar to burning tires (tyres)...

My dad shot one with a shotgun inside a chicken coop when I was a boy. Even the chickens wouldn't go there again for years.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know scent is a hard thing to explain - but for an Aussie that has never smelt a skunk - is there something you can use to explain how bad the stench is? Just curious, thats all.
Jim it's an unusual smell. Just a hit you in the face offensive smell, really bad. Just running over a spot in the road where once was killed will make the car stink for several minutes.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Wow!

Thanks for the explanations. I assumed it was quite the lingering/pungent odor as so many of the odor counteractant chems that have the word skunk in the title - they are obviously targeting a difficult problem.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
go to for local deer hunting store. you can buy a two part product that smells like skunk when mixed. maybe not down under :lol:

gene

Name
Nate W.
Jim Bethel said:

x2.... shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom