So I did some testing on protector. You have to see this.

Normal I use the Maxim advance. I buy it by the case and they give you the free pieces of carpet protector and the Red dye. In the kit they have carpet that is protected and not protected. In my testing I used the factor applied maxim advance carpet pieces and on the one that is not protected I used the Stain Guardian from Pro choice. I mixed it as directed and let it cure.

For the test, I applied the red dye on both pieces and the maxim beaded up better. I let the dye sit on the carpet pieces and for two min, rinsed both pieces off and they both came clean. I applied the dye again and let it sit for 5 min. rinsed both of them again and I noticed the Maxim side has pink. I added the dye again and rinsed them again and more pink again on the Maxim side.

One gallon of the Pro choices covers 1800.SQ feet.

Maxim on the left and Pro choice stain guardian on the right.
Maxum003.jpg

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Try it again with a carpet piece with maxim advanced applied to it. I've done the same tests and the Maxim outperformed Stain Guardian, Repel and Protect, Fourguard, chemspecs and Magic Wands protectors. Theres no way Maxim protected carpet absorbed that much red dye.

Greenie

Doesn't surprise me, Stain Guardian is excellent stuff.
Welcome to reality.

ps: I should sell protector.

packfancjh said:
Try it again with a carpeted piece with maxim advanced applied to it. I've done the same tests and the Maxim outperformed Stain Guardian, Repel and Protect, Fourguard, chemspecs and Magic Wands protectors. Theres no way Maxim protected carpet absorbed that much red dye.

Doing the same test again and using the Original Pro choice stain guardian that I did in the first test and same results. Maxim beaded up at first then had a pink tint and I re applied the Dye and rinsed with same results. I will put a video on Youtube.

Greenie

Totally new Maxim™ Advanced uses the latest technology to deliver the very best levels of protection available. Not only does it protect against oil and water based spills and dry soils but it protects fibers from the toughest dye stains "from the inside out"!

funny stuff.

TimP

Maybe you should get 2 pieces of unprotected and apply with product as directed for both. The samples you get with the kit may not have been applied properly. Then do the test and see how the results go.

TimP said:
Maybe you should get 2 pieces of unprotected and apply with product as directed for both. The samples you get with the kit may not have been applied properly. Then do the test and see how the results go.

It beads up great at first. So I know it has something there. But hey Prochoice will send you a gallon for free. Just pay the freight.

Rex Tyus

packfancjh said:
Try it again with a carpet piece with maxim advanced applied to it. I've done the same tests and the Maxim outperformed Stain Guardian, Repel and Protect, Fourguard, chemspecs and Magic Wands protectors. Theres no way Maxim protected carpet absorbed that much red dye.

I agree. I used Stain Guardian in the past and it is GOOD STUFF. But that Maxim is REALLY GOOD STUFF.

Greenie

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
TimP said:

It beads up great at first.

Beading ain't got nothing to do with quality...that's marketing hype.

Maxum.jpg

1.Maxim 10 application with the red dye

2.Middle Pro's 10 applications. Even hit the middle with really hot water to try and wash off the protector.

3.Maxim after two applications.

Walt

Curious did you rinse it with just water? Curious what a spotter would do. Thanks for doing the tests.

Walt said:
Curious did you rinse it with just water? Curious what a spotter would do. Thanks for doing the tests.

Just sink water with the sprayer. I'm treating a non treated one with Maxim advance to confirm I didn't have a bad batch of Carpet samples. Next someone will say that I did mix it right when it fails. :) By the book and 24hr full cure time.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Of the numerous demos I've done for my customers I've never seem the dye soak in like that and that is after soaking it in a cup of red dye for a few minutes and rinsed under cold water. I'd like to see that demo on video in full.

Rex Tyus

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
packfancjh said:
Try it again with a carpeted piece with maxim advanced applied to it. I've done the same tests and the Maxim outperformed Stain Guardian, Repel and Protect, Fourguard, chemspecs and Magic Wands protectors. Theres no way Maxim protected carpet absorbed that much red dye.

Doing the same test again and using the Original Pro choice stain guardian that I did in the first test and same results. Maxim beaded up at first then had a pink tint and I re applied the Dye and rinsed with same results. I will put a video on Youtube.

Not trying to be a smart ass but are you sure you didn't mix up the carpet pieces. I know results will vary, but honestly I have taken untreated pieces and treated with maxim and the results were impressive.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Thanks for the tests Rich... that's a real RED EYE opener..that didn't sound quite right. :oops:
I've never taken the time to do my own testing but from now on I will stop believing what the marketing ad says and experiment myself. I picked up a bunch of carpet scraps from an installer so I could start doing exactly this type of stuff.. saved myself the kool aid test!!

Thanks again Dude!
Bill

Not trying to be a smart ass but are you sure you didn't mix up the carpet pieces. I know results will vary, but honestly I have taken untreated pieces and treated with maxim and the results were impressive.[/quote]

Maxum005.jpg

The coated ones have the red backing and the uncoated ones have the white backings. I know next you guys are going to want me to show you that the ones that are turning pink have the red backings??

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
How long ago did you get those samples? The only reason I ask is a while back the had a problem with a batch of the samples and the tests were not accurate.

packfancjh said:
How long ago did you get those samples? The only reason I ask is a while back the had a problem with a batch of the samples and the tests were not accurate.

3 months ago and I will get the invoices if needed?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
This was farther back than that I believe. If those are your test results then so be it but the results I've had are 100% different as are many others. I do applaude you for taking the time to do your own testing though, it's nice to see that happening.

packfancjh said:
This was farther back than that I believe. If those are your test results then so be it but the results I've had are 100% different as are many others. I do applaude you for taking the time to do your own testing though, it's nice to see that happening.

I have a maxim drying right now that is on the untreated carpet. Mixed to a T that was mixed two hours ago by the book. Full cure time is 24 hrs. I figure by 8 PM Pacific time the testing will continue tomorrow... And I will use the original Pro pieces that has 11 hits with the red dye that comes in the Maxim kit. I will post a video on you tube in full uncutt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom