So I did some testing on protector. You have to see this.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have customers asking specifically for Scotchgard just because of brand recognition. Do you guys have any trouble convincing them that other brands are just as good?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Offer them a protector with a warranty and one without. Instead of a yes or no question you give them a choice of which one and your protector sales should increase. The one with the warranty should have a higher price to offset any warranty work you might get called for.

I give them a one year protecton plan. If they can't take the stain out with the spotter that I give them. I will come out with in a year and take it out myself.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
I give them a one year protecton plan. If they can't take the stain out with the spotter that I give them. I will come out with in a year and take it out myself.

Do you specify a limit of trips out you will make? I am just worried about the people who will call you every week.

SRI Cleaning said:
[quote="Mountain View Carpet Care":c4xo44uy]I give them a one year protecton plan. If they can't take the stain out with the spotter that I give them. I will come out with in a year and take it out myself.

Do you specify a limit of trips out you will make? I am just worried about the people who will call you every week.[/quote:c4xo44uy]

So far it has no happend. Knock on wood.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I do a lot of carpet and upholstery protection for high end clients. They all get a warranty that is good for up to 4 times per year, if they can't get a spot out on their own.
Rarely do they call to use their warranty. So the benefits far out way the costs and time.
I almost always use a solvent protector. I protect lots of silk and wool, and of course do not guarantee the stain will come out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom