So, in a perfect world the Trust would do what for you?

Mikey P

Administrator
-provide hip and cutting edge hands on training
-spend kajillions a year promoting Trusted Firms on Oprah and Dr Phil
-make damn sure everyone of Cole's chimps knew how to HWE Berbers...

what else?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nuke Cole instead. Free Clean Trust thongs for registrants.Two turtle doves. More sleeve patches.Mandatory membership in my Circle Jerk marketing program.World peace. Whirled peas. a large bowl of Greek yogurt. Lifetime non revocables.

Bob Foster

THE IICRC TO HAVE IS OWN BULLETIN BOARD for all registrants and make the Executive Committee participate on it and if they didn't shit can everyone of them that didn't.

In fact anyone associated in a position on the Trust would have to participate on it.

Bob Foster

Just like here if they had a board the bullshit wouldn't fly very far. Mods would be third part appointed from the members - not the Trust.

It would more or less make them speak their mind and they couldn't help but pick up concensus and good ideas from a lot of people and not just the members of the inner sanctum.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I honestly thought the IICRC was good until they started to have an identity crisis. I think they should have stuck with Inspection, cleaning and restoration certification. They should have kept the focus on training for the benefit of the technician and the end customer only.

FredC

Village Idiot
lol @ Foster wishing he could be a mod on a more "legit" board................

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
none of the above

how hard is it figure out how to clean synthetic carpet??
Seriously ...
a GRADE SCHOOL kid that never touched a wand in their life can pass the tests and pay dues every year

IMO, the org DOES need to start a "Cole like" marketing campaign ..directed at the CONSUMER , not the CC'er.
Want to make the org worth the yearly dues???
Then get the CONSUMER to buy products and services from your PAYING MEMBERS

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

Clark Van Fleet said:
none of the above

how hard is it figure out how to clean synthetic carpet??
Seriously ...
a GRADE SCHOOL kid that never touched a wand in their life can pass the tests and pay dues every year

IMO, the org DOES need to start a "Cole like" marketing campaign ..directed at the CONSUMER , not the CC'er.
Want to make the org worth the yearly dues???
Then get the CONSUMER to buy products and services from your PAYING MEMBERS

..L.T.A.

Interesting approach. But I think your right that they need to increase consumer awareness. What about the people who weren't registrants? Would they be perceived as less than professional?

FredC

Village Idiot
I have someone for that Bob....probably why I don't feel the desire to be an "insider" !gotcha!

FredC

Village Idiot
so who deleted the post? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FredC

Village Idiot
it ok that you told me to go fvck myself bob......................I see it a an agreement that we can openly express our feelings....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
Interesting approach. But I think your right that they need to increase consumer awareness. What about the people who weren't registrants? Would they be perceived as less than professional?

Bob, there's no need for a "chem lie" or "ethical cervix" marketing campaign .
There is no need to "imply" your comp isn't professional in any marketing

If they ever hope to increase membership, they need to be more than a "technical school" that charges yearly dues for the "privilege" of being an alumni is good standing

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

Fred, you're not the only one that knows how to push some elses buttons. If I had an ego problem then why would I continually stick my neck out to get it slapped by smart-assed remarks. Hint, its not because I crave attention.

Even you have a better side.

Bob Foster

Clark Van Fleet said:
[quote="Bob Foster":8nptjnt3]

Bob, there's no need for a "chem lie" or "ethical cervix" marketing campaign .
There is no need to "imply" your comp isn't professional in any marketing

If they ever hope to increase membership, they need to be more than a "technical school" that charges yearly dues for the "privilege" of being an alumni is good standing

..L.T.A.[/quote:8nptjnt3]

I think you're on to something Lar. Maybe that name change is going to play big into that. I'm still wondering about that new name.

Would a PR campaign set expectations for customers on what they should see as a quality job. Would it tell of the other services many of us do such as tile and grout or hard surfaces? I think that is a big one right there. It would also drive the demand for education in these "other services".

FredC

Village Idiot
lol bob...you haven't pushed anyone's buttons.............I expected my post to be deleted....it was meant for you

doesn't make it any less true.

stick your neck out? Really? You're the f'n king of taking every f'n side............some would call you a diplomat....me ..well.......

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don't understand the folks who think paying the IICRC $50.00 a year intitles them to Free advertising. Customers don’t GAS about certification anyways.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
Would a PR campaign set expectations for customers on what they should see as a quality job. Would it tell of the other services many of us do such as tile and grout or hard surfaces? I think that is a big one right there. It would also drive the demand for education in these "other services".

hell, i donno , Bob
I'm not a marketing guy
Ask Cole or one of the other marketers for the "nut and bolts" of it

i just know why the org never has or ever will grow beyond a small segment of the industry .
It's cause their value after the classes is near nil the average BD

..l.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
ACE said:
I don't understand the folks who think paying the IICRC $50.00 a year intitles them to Free advertising. Customers don’t GAS about certification anyways.

$50, $100, $10000..........

Why should i pay to advertise for them?

The certification doesn't mean shit without consumer awareness....and the only people I see making anyone "aware" is the cleaners....and even then, in reality, it doesn't mean shit.....unless you play the car salesman warranty card (BS). As it stands the only importance of an IICRC certification is what YOU are able to "sell" to the consumer

If I'm going to pay to be a certified firm there should be some effort on the part of the IIRC to urge customers to seek out a certified firm...otherwise what is the point?

They aren't adverting ME (there are 50+ certified firms within 25 miles...a very small fraction of the cleaners in the area...an area with several training locations).......they would be advertising THEIR PROGRAM......which I would pay to be a part of if the consumer felt it meant something without me telling them it did...........

I respect the educational aspect....but really

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Set minimum standards, anything below the standard is considered less than professional quality.

:twisted: NO more Platinium rating for the Rug Doctor. Finally kick portables out of the professional ranks.

No propane either! :p

J/K but Joey must me stopped, he's lost it!
:mrgreen:

Ok, seriously standards for HP, HEAT, PSI & VACUUM do what the SOA was supposed to do.

Alright if we have to have them....standards for portables too. #of vac blowers and stages, recovery CFM, PSI.

We have to remember that The Clean Trust is NOT an association, they are a testing body. We are not members of The Clean Trust, we are certified by them. Don't expect services that you would expect from an association.

More importantly if you not certified by The Clean Trust yet bitching about them isn't that tanamount to complaining about an elected offical yet you didn't even register to vote. ??? :shock:

How's dat for stirring the pot? :twisted:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Have the new badges started showing up on E-bay yet?

I guess the client won't know the difference. So, the old badges should be cheep right now and work the same.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep, send me $25.00 a patch and I'll hook you up Dave. :roll:

CleanTrustMe-1.jpg

CleanTrustMe3-1.jpg

or this one! :mrgreen:

CleanTrustMeMikey-1.jpg

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
It will just be another circle jerk for those wanting attention.

Soon as I saw hides name on the list, I knew it was a lost cause.

That dumbass can't even provide numbers from a test years ago, let alone decide on values for the carpet cleaning industry.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Soon as I saw hides name on the list, I knew it was a lost cause.
Chit I just spit coffee on my keyboard! :x

Vincent, Harry is one of the main reasons I keep paying, give him time they will get it headed in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom