so much for the 2 truck dreammmm

Mikey P

Administrator
time to pull the box and out fit it on a AT frame??

naw.

Blower, Cat, EX pto drive shaft, plumbing are all new or newish

engine has never been a problem.

5 grand aint gonna send this work horse to the glue factory.

I'm determined to get five more years from her before I leave it on Yappy's porch with a box of chocolates.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I hate it when vans reach that no man's land, where you're not sure if putting the money will fix things or is it just a black whole for money.
I hate that feeling!

Good luck with yours. I hope its the first and not the second.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Shut yur pie holes!

Everytime one a these dang threads pops up, yall are putting out Voodoo, I commonly become a victim of the mayhem.....cut it out ya fookers!

Talking bout transmission this and pump that, hairballs in the blower... Seriously!

: )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate it when vans reach that no man's land, where you're not sure if putting the money will fix things or is it just a black whole for money.
I hate that feeling!

Good luck with yours. I hope its the first and not the second.
I try to trade them out or at least get a new one like Mike did and use the older trucks less. We depend on them so much, they always have to be ready to go when called on.

At least in Mike's case it's the backup and he couldn't replace it for as little as the repair will cost him.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I try to trade them out or at least get a new one like Mike did and use the older trucks less. We depend on them so much, they always have to be ready to go when called on.
Agreed, Richard. I found with employees running TM's 5,000 to 6,000 hours on the clock was my "sweet spot". An OCD owner-operator could still baby the machine and van along but with employees it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Steve

PS Hey Mike, I really do "feel your pain" but look at the bright side here. I would MUCH rather deal with mechanical issues than problem employees!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Funny, I thought about saying that too...Buy a trinity and toss it in the back of a tesla and go..a tesla has a trunk upfront too for your encap juices and a trunk in the rear for the OP and a brush.

It will fit in with the overly green hippie crowd and the bent handle will be perfectly level in the hills...

Oh and the price of the tesla plus trinity together will be about as much as a AT so nobody will think you are a heck...

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
...Buy a trinity and toss it in the back of a tesla and go..
It will fit in with the overly green hippie crowd......

Only shows how little you know about the "overly green hippie crowd".:winky:
They can't afford the cleaning, let alone afford El Mike. They talk the talk, yet bungle the walk.

We shoot for your average well educated, well paid enlightened person.

Unfortunately, finding them in South CA, is like finding big foot. Though I've heard he's coming to Mikey's fest.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Keith's right, customers shouldn't ever have to wait on your broken equipment. You need another truck.

F

FB7777

I'm not far off from replacing the engine on one of my vans

I think Ken Snow found the sweet spot on trade in value , especially when it comes to direct drives

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
What makes you think it needs a new tranny?

Shifting weird?

Not Shifting at all?

Stuttering when trying to go into gear?

Puking trans fluid?

My V's Tranny turned out the only issue is a stuck solenoid (Sorry Brad). All I have to do is select 2nd, instead of D, It shifts perfectly.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
What makes you think it needs a new tranny?

Shifting weird?

Not Shifting at all?

Stuttering when trying to go into gear?

Puking trans fluid?

My V's Tranny turned out the only issue is a stuck solenoid (Sorry Brad). All I have to do is select 2nd, instead of D, It shifts perfectly.

accidentally climbed a hill.........????

Mikey P

Administrator
half the time it does not want to shift into reverse, takes a foot on the brake and a butt load of gas to get it to go and on Monday it got stuck in 1st with a very violent POP breaking it loose letting me finish the day.

it's time.

I can understand you not wanting to put another cent into Fenterfookers beat to shit Venturi heap...Mine is still worth the 5Gs for a Reman..

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Time to get a quality portable system for back up.....:icon_razz: And an old Volvo wagon to tote it around in.:icon_razz:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Sucks mike but in times like this i just picture all the money we will make!

Over 5 years i'm sure you can pull out $500k in revenue if not double that.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I used to work with a much smaller company, so I know all about having to bump jobs.

At a slightly larger company I worked for and especially at Hagopian, we DO NOT bump ANY jobs!! We may be run a little behind on occasion, but work scheduled today gets done today!! It's amazing how creative we have gotten over the years making sure our customers are serviced properly!!

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Hagopian pulls close to 300k/yr per truck with Butlers.

The 5k tranny should be just a bump in the road.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

It's more like $1500 for a rebuilt trans. And even though we can produce a lot, it's still $1500!! That's a lot of money if you don't have to spend it to fix a trans.

Back
Top Bottom