So..what sets you apart.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
......from all the other cleaners in your area.......??...and how do you prove your answer.....

question I was asked in a meeting I went to the other day....

Sapphire...
Prochem...
Hydramaster....
easy to determine the differences because they are a product.....

so what sets you apart as a service...
we all do carpet..tile ..uph...etc..etc...apparently we all do a good job because we are all still here...

if you rotary clean...wand clean..scrub with a 175 and then wand clean....no matter how...the end result is the same....clean carpet..

truck mount...portable...cimex or spin a rag....if you are making a living at cleaning carpets...your method must be working...and the end result again is the same....clean carpets...

so.....what sets you apart from everyone else...........?????

Cameron1

Pleasing personality , unique ability to size people up , superior attention to detail , willingness to do whatever it takes , can do attitude.

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
I simply tell the customer of my many years of experience and I will be doing all the work personally and not some yahoo.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
No liquor on my breath. Shirt tail tucked in lookin real good.......And I actually show up on time. Pretty easy to stand out here in redneck central.

It's really funny because everyone here thinks they are the best in their area. They act like the other guys are just terrible. It's carpet cleaning. Nothing more nothing less.

I will say no one on this board has the image of Stanley Steemer.

They show up on time, have clean uniformed techs, their vans are always spotless, they do a decent job for a fair price, and they hands down have the best marketing.

What sets me apart?

I have no clue.

We all use the same chems, equipment, procedures, and same verbage.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Tons of testimonials: http://**********************/carpet_cl ... nials.html

Let your clients do your bragging.

If you say it. It doesn't mean squat.

Every cleaner will say they are the best. Just ask them.

But, let your clients rave about your company and it can be gold!!

steve r

Royal Man said:
Tons of testimonials: http://**********************/carpet_cl ... nials.html

but you brag about your service in your logo. J/K

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
steve r said:
Royal Man":8y1rla35]Tons of testimonials: [url="http://**********************/carpet_cleaning_lincoln_nebraska_Testimonials.html said:
http://**********************/carpet_cl ... nials.html[/url]

but you brag about your service in your logo. J/K[/quote:8y1rla35]

Actually it says my clients will be bragging.

As I said before. I let them do the bragging.

The slogan and other things I do on the web, the first phone contact and at the time of service helps to set the tone for them.

It doesn't happen by accident or serendipity.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do not advertise and have not for years and whats sets my company apart is 3- fold
1. economical
2. quality
3. we do almost everything different tha yoakum. We do not sell, push or anything
we provide better service at a better price. You may have to wait and if you ask too many questions we just might not service you./

XTREME1 said:
I do not advertise and have not for years and whats sets my company apart is 3- fold
1. economical
2. quality
3. we do almost everything different tha yoakum. We do not sell, push or anything
we provide better service at a better price. You may have to wait and if you ask too many questions we just might not service you./

Agreed!

Really it all comes down to who is willing to put the extra effort in for the best price.

Name
I'm Rick James
danielc said:
XTREME1 said:
1. economical
2. quality

Agreed!

Really it all comes down to who is willing to put the extra effort in for the best price.

Yeah you guys are still the same as everyone else. Sometimes going after the best price isn't the name of the game, you want to go for the RIGHT price. And not selling to you customers is costing you a lot of money.. don't be afraid. How do you know your customers don't want to buy additional services from you. its not up for you to decide that.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
a service that goes into the home when usually only the woman is home requires certain skills. Many just don't have them. If you don't know what those skills are then you don't have them. Yes we all clean carpets but many do it poorly. Men have different standards then women when it comes to what is considered clean.
I often hear just how quick the last guy was compaired to me. You do what, i've never seen that before and the list goes on. The truth is most here on this board regardless of how they come across just don't clean to most women's standards. Corners are missed, edges are still grey, they go around furniture and the list goes on. What makes me stand out is i have those skills and we clean to their standards.
It doesn't come cheap and they will pay for it.

gene

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Caduceus said:
danielc said:
XTREME1 said:
1. economical
2. quality

Agreed!

Yeah you guys are still the same as everyone else. Sometimes going after the best price isn't the name of the game, you want to go for the RIGHT price. And not selling to you customers is costing you a lot of money.. don't be afraid. How do you know your customers don't want to buy additional services from you. its not up for you to decide that.

But, selling is EVIL!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am actually embraced for my no pressure approach. Now Brett you have been in business longer than me and how you doing comparitavly. I have tooo much business and you do too?

Name
I'm Rick James
My problem is I don't offer my services and products enough.. how the hell do I know if the customer wants her sofa cleaned unless I ask. Or have the carpet re protected. Or have additional carpet to be cleaned.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
instead of an argument that you seem to seek lets compare tax forms. They don't legally lie. I bet in my half as much time as much as you I double you in income. I'll extend the offer to you and becker for 2011.

I have mine in hand ready to share

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Caduceus said:
My problem is I don't offer my services and products enough.. how the hell do I know if the customer wants her sofa cleaned unless I ask. Or have the carpet re protected. Or have additional carpet to be cleaned.
x2

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
people fulfill different needs. Some just want stuff cleaned

Name
I'm Rick James
XTREME1 said:
instead of an argument that you seem to seek lets compare tax forms. They don't legally lie. I bet in my half as much time as much as you I double you in income. I'll extend the offer to you and becker for 2011.

I have mine in hand ready to share

Of course you probably do you have been in business longer and have more trucks.. but its more about profit of the business.

mcatt

Name
Mike
I am clean cut, uniformed and understand how it must seem to invite a stranger into your home that you have never met. I make my clientele at ease and communicate with them easily and honestly. Personality and image are huge in the residential side of our business. The cleaning and quality comes as a bonus.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
first off I only was in this business since 2004 secondly I profit very well.
I am willing to compare my comapny quality and pricing to anyone in the USA

Name
I'm Rick James
XTREME1 said:
first off I only was in this business since 2004 secondly I profit very well.
I am willing to compare my comapny quality and pricing to anyone in the USA

still doing $25 a room?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Every area is different. My area has 7 times more cleaning companies per mile that Gregs for instance. So, you have to work at it to stand out from the crowd.

There are many different ways to make this business work.

(High end, low end. apartments, commercial, low price, higher price, rural, metro)

Different strokes for different folks Guys

Every entrepreneur also, has different skill sets to capitalize on.

No sence thinking it's your way or the highway.

I just know what works for me.

Success is not just measured by money in the bank. It's a balance of money and family, giving back and having fun for me.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Are you offended at my pricing model brett?

I think you should be offend by the lack of service you provide your customers

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
XTREME1 said:

How does Brent's mistreat his clients?

I know, you are a mystery shopper!

Name
I'm Rick James
Royal Man said:
XTREME1 said:

How does Brent's mistreat his clients?

I know, you are a mystery shopper!

It happy hour at gregs house.. maybe we can revisit this at another time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom