solvent protector on microfiber??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have a customer wanting protector on their microfiber sofa. I told them it was polyester and the effects of it might be minimal but they want it anyways. My concern is using solvent protector might damage the flocked material, although I am wondering if the water that is left on the fabric when I am done cleaning it if it will let the solvent carrier in the protector float to the top. anyone use solvent protector on microfiber??

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

We have used our Ultraseal solvent protector on lots of microfiber.

It drys quicker than OMS-based protectors,

so any solvent effect is minimized.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Steve if you are really concerned about the solvent you could always apply water base. Is it flocked microfiber?

I personally would use the solvent in a very light mist, if I had to I might give it a second light mist on the inside back cushions and arms.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
solvent is the only stuff I have in inventory, its cobbs cheap solvent protector. I don't wanna go spend the money on water base that I don't use. it does have a little bit of fumes to it but I kinda like the smell. the only problem I have had with solvents and microfiber is when I use some prosolve gell on one. that is a pretty strong solvent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom