Some have no since of humor

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Cleaning a little travel trailer when the owner said "this is half the size of a room in a house so it should be half the price" then gave a big smile.

After a few minutes I took this picture and went to get the owner. I told her I would give her the 50% off she requested and just needed her to approve the work. When we entered the trailer she was pissed to say the least and no longer wanted the 50% off.
When the husband came out to the trailer to find out why she was yelling he about fell over laughing and even gave a $20 tip when done.

553b9c69.jpg

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
thats funny right there!! and to top it off,,he gave you a tip!! for pissing off his wife!! priceless!! LOL

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jay_wat said:
thats funny right there!! and to top it off,,he gave you a tip!! for pissing off his wife!! priceless!! LOL

That may be the only problem with the joke here..its funny (and I pulled the similar joke on customers before) but because he was happy about you pissing off the wife that may result in losing the wife as a customer.
That's why I try not to joke much with customers because some people really really don't know how to take funny comments and get all pissy.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It might be all about how the "joke" is set up. If you soften the impact of seeing the half-cleaning so it seems like friendly joshing she probably sees the humor because she knows you're not making fun of her. Easy in hindsight, but maybe a, "I've thought about your comment about half price cleaning and I think I've found a solution." A big smile like you're really proud of yourself and you've sold the joke.

But only if you're pretty sure she has a good sense of humor in the first place.

John Watson

this has been very tipacal of many of our bids after ive given the price.
can't you do it for less?? I would say "I'll see what I can do" " Maybe you would like our desicrater special and then start cleaning, We used to use our wand to do all the edges first then follow up with the RX 20 in the open areas. After we were through edging I would go get them and show our Descrater Special "The border affect" which happens to be 50% off today only. They would get a good laugh.

Fred Homan

John.... Just get them and say....I think I am changing the color of your carpet.... :lol:

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
In 20yrs of doing this I have become friends with many of my customers, but even so some can get my sense of humor and some don't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom