fyi,

:lol:

truckmount_forums_truckmount_carpet.jpg

a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CegiLUMX950a]

Connor

Name
Connor
He talks like a shady middle easterner.

I hope that thing fairs better than their prowler did.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Connor said:

He would tell you, Jesus was a middle easterner too while he does the grab-around for your wallett.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
Royal Man said:
Connor said:

He would tell you, Jesus was a middle easterner too while he does the grab-around for your wallett.

how do we know he wasnt cathoic?? and going for the reach around??? :oops:

too soon???

Jay

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jay_wat said:
[quote="Royal Man":eek:e9nz704]
Connor said:

how do we know he wasnt cathoic?? and going for the reach around??? :oops:

too soon???

Jay[/quote:eek:e9nz704]

"Cuz he don't want your package unless that is where you keep your stack.

That machine should be called the newbie specail.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Our local guy that repairs tm's has 2 of them in his shop for repair. He calls them a big pos and can't figure out why anyone would ever buy one.

lance

400 cfm from a 45 blower.......

Ya, right, when you run it 4000 rpms (max is 3600) at 12" Hg or when you run it at 3600 rpm at 4" Hg.

Why is it so hard for a manufacture to tell the truth about the real specs of his machine? You can tell that he runs the 25 hp Kohler at about 3200 rpms because of the tiny tach. But what he turns the blower at he won't tell you.

And you can dual wand with two 1.5 inch wands. Great, if you want to do things the same way cleaners did them 10 or 15 years ago.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I love my Prowler. Just saying. I know nothing of the *** special. The Prowler for the price is great. Fits nicely in my 5x8 trailer. Perfect for a backup or owner operator moving up from a portable.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I was struck by how very beautiful the Amtex machines are. They would give someone a pride of ownership that other manufacturers could learn from. And the price is very competitive.

RandyHilburn

We've had a small Amtex (20 hp with a Roots 45) product Working daily for almost 6 years without any major mechanical breakdowns. I think we paid about 9k installed with hoses, reels, wand, etc. Ben provides excellent phone support 24/7. If we needed another system tomorrow, I'd buy from Ben at Amtex.

S

sam miller

Hes got great prices and the Dragon is down right nasty. Got a downaxial blower for cheap!

http://www.***************/shazaam-dris ... -8862.html

Now all Ben needs is an ad here

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The machine actually looks pretty cool. Don't know about anything else, but it scores in the looks department.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A closer look doesn't reveal quality in my opinion.
Kinda like a dressed up chemtex.

But if it works for you.

Connor

Name
Connor
tracywalker said:
I love my Prowler. Just saying. I know nothing of the *** special. The Prowler for the price is great. Fits nicely in my 5x8 trailer. Perfect for a backup or owner operator moving up from a portable.

I think the prowler looks like a neat idea, but the video on youtube where the guy has the problems with his is a big turn off.

RandyHilburn

Carpet systems aren't that complicated, we do our own repairs and am as familiar with quality as any other grease monkey. While I'm neither a stockholder or a cheerleader for Amtex, but they're using Kolher and Honda engines, Roots blowers, Hypro pumps and their heat exchangers do the job. Everthing else is wires, hoses and design.

I appreciated that we could grab a good used truck, a brand new carpet cleaning system (hoses, reels, shelving) and wrap the truck for under 20k. [If we hadn't over paid for the wrap, it would have been a lot less.] Everything was paid for in under 30 days! Amtex service provided both during and after warranty was impressive.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I bought a prowler to play around with it and have to say it was a heavy piece of crap. Everything started rusting on it, the recovered water is routed though the BLOWER as a pump out causing all sorts of issues and the heat exchanger was rusting throughout.

Connor

Name
Connor
dealtimeman said:
I bought a prowler to play around with it and have to say it was a heavy piece of crap. Everything started rusting on it, the recovered water is routed though the BLOWER as a pump out causing all sorts of issues and the heat exchanger was rusting throughout.

Routed through the blower, like a centrifugal pump? :shock:

RandyHilburn

Whether purchased to play around with or not, I always hate to hear of anyone's misfortune with new equipment. My own shop is cluttered with wishful 'do overs.' - and I'll never forget my biggest all time blunder when I purchased a new 1974 Chevrolet Vega (voted Detroit's worst car ever). 40 years later and still seems like yesterday! 35,000 miles and it was blowing oil out the muffler. At 50,000 miles it wouldn't climb the hill to get into my driveway. I think I ended-up paying a junk yard wrecker $50 to haul it away.

Thankfully, our Amtex experience was different. From looking at the model (pictured above) they must sell different configurations, as the waste water seemingly goes directly into the tank and the whole thing appears to be powder coated. Looks like he's made some advances in his product, but no doubt 40 years later you'll still remember your personal experience!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom