Spring has sprung! Ugh

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Back to running two truckmounts 6 days a week. Which is ok.
But I have been getting a lot of apartment cleaning lately. And I'm working with the girls doing about 6 a day with 3 of us. I'm so tired of scrubbing ovens, toilets and tubs. God help me.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
Lee Stockwell
In all of life's situations I've found one thing to be always true:

People do what they WANT to do, no matter how they spin it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have to be in the apartments right now. I did hire one. I an training her. Im very picky when it comes to cleaning. The new ones almost ready. But I still check all of the units.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
not to sound uhhhhh whats the word?????

but really how picky can you be on apt cleaning????

hell hire another carpet tech then...

Makes me laugh when people (myself included) Bitch about being to busy...

I been on the other side of the coin the last 6 weeks or so....(its picked up a ton so shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin )

But just being on the other side.......F'k it...bring on the work 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Don't know anything about your staff but if you have to check on every job they do then maybe they are not the right ones, or you may be too controlling. This is not a sustainable situation at some point i.e. 12, 15, 20 wtc. employees/units.

You know your business and needs better than anyone, but at least consider how it will look at 2-3 times the size and how the structure and staff will look.

Ken

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It does sound like you're focusing on the processing of the work and not on the management of it. You do need to get over "Only I can do it" or you'll be stuck doing it all the time.

Ken said it, "but if you have to check on every job they do then maybe they are not the right ones".

More work should be a good thing, celebrated not disappointed about.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I'm a control freak duh... I have managed over 100 people in a restaurant setting. And I've always been a control freak. I'm learning not to be so bad.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Joey you have to go back to those days, you didn't prepare the food, set the tables, wash the dishes, you managed it. You have to do the same with your cleaning business.

Your employees may not clean 100% as you would but if they are trained right and they only cleaned 90% of how you would cleaning, would anyone know they difference? Doubt they would and your time could be put to better use.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
True.. But I like to stay busy. My girls and guys do a good job. Just not a joey jib!

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Same here. You have a great problem. Actually this whole winter has been busier then the last 3 or 4 since the economy took a dump. I really hope were coming out of this pullback and soon will stay a consistent busy.
However things have changed so much in terms of marketing for new clients in the last 3 to 4 years
that is has been a transition into the online world from yellow pages, print ads, etc...

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
This was a very busy winter for us. Very unusual. And I did not lose any business or much from not advertising in the phone books

I'm curious how much of this super busy workload is 40 dollar apartment cleanings or 79 dollar three and hallway deals?

Also what do you get to do a two bedroom apartment clean not carpet cleaning?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
danielc said:
I'm curious how much of this super busy workload is 40 dollar apartment cleanings or 79 dollar three and hallway deals?

Also what do you get to do a two bedroom apartment clean not carpet cleaning?

I'm with Daniel here.....you can work 7/12's doing low dollar work, and all it will do is kill ya'!

Throw out the low dollar jobs and concentrate on higher income jobs.....less work, more cash.

Just an old CC talkin' here.....been there, done that.

But if this kind of work trips your trigger...gofer it!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
2 bedroom town house maid service price is $135 and carpet is $110 and more bedrooms more money. The 79 is residential. And the bills always more with add ons and square foot limits.
If the apartments are older I charge more. Most of my apartments are 1 to 6 years old. Which makes it easier than old worn out crap. Hard to polish a turd. 3 and 4 bedroom units are quite a bit more. Same with empty homes for rent

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have been busy too. I have an aquintance who also cleans mostly restaurants who is in the hospital right now . I just picked up 3 of his accounts. I dont know if I could get into the maid service and managing a bunch of help . My least favorite part of owning a business so far has been the employees. I have been so busy between vct and carpet I cant imagine even doing any general cleaning, I would almost rather have that time to sleep in an extra hour or whatever. I have a semi truck account where we clean the inside of trucks , they always call on zero notice and want it done yesterday. If it didnt keep me busy in the winter I would have dropped that account like a hot sack of s#it. I am with the old man on this one I am gonna have to start focusing on bigger ticket items. It seems like any job less than $100.00 isnt worth it unless your carefull.

Becker

Name
Becker
joeynbgky said:
I'm a control freak duh... I have managed over 100 people in a restaurant setting. And I've always been a control freak. I'm learning not to be so bad.

You managed, you did not do all their jobs for them.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Ur right. I dont always do my girls jobs. But I do to much. Now the carpet techs I hardly ever mess with them.

Able 1

Name
Keith
joeynbgky said:
Ur right. I dont always do my girls jobs. But I do to much. Now the carpet techs I hardly ever mess with them.

That there is kinda weird to me.. Anyone can scrub a terlit bowl... Carpet would be more concerning to me. Maybe a fetish with the ol' terlit? :shock:

Actually talking about the whole toilet thing, I used a custy's last week that had that turbo (commercial flow/suction) flow.. Where do I get those toilets ConnOr? Low flow just don't cut it here.. shiteatinggrin

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Rugs suckers bring in more money. There trained. For years I always did all the cleaning myself and sometimes had a helper. Cleaning is more detail oriented. And scrubbing under the rim of the toilet is crucial lol that's when the good old acid does its magic. Not the pill hippies the liquid

Becker

Name
Becker
Now that just sucks, the workers that bring in the least about of loot need more high priced supervising.

I never went to college, nor know much about math, or economics...

Why not promote a "girl" to supervisor, bump her pay a bit, give her a title, and she would run circles around your hands on care. And if she does not, any girl below her would be willing to wear that barge.

Just a thought.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Magets in fridge
IMG_20111206_133727.jpg

IMG_20110414_114400.jpg

PART_1332909366830.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I did have a supervisor and left it alone for a year. But 3 months ago she died in a car accident. And I will have a good supervisor again. It will just take some time. Especially when I have property managers pulling out ovens, white gloving windows and smelling fridge gaskets... no really

Able 1

Name
Keith
Meco Blue(sp) was the best toilet bowl cleaner back in the day but it might be band. Are you related to Ben Surti by chance? :lol:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
WTF :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thought these where 1-6 yr old joints....

that looked sooooo sectioned 8 its not even close....

damn not even some of my worst places have looked like that....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom