BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
IMG_6588.JPG
IMG_6589.JPG
IMG_6590.JPG
IMG_6591.JPG
I went to do an estimate for some VCT and Stained Concrete at a salon. She said they wanted the stained concrete waxed but I told them that I wouldn't wax it. I told them I would do the bathrooms and office VCT and clean the concrete. Then if they wanted I would check into a finish or seal to apply afterwards.

What do you guys apply to stain concrete to give it a shine? I'll post some pics but I'm sure you won't be able to see very good. She is checking to see what it was sealed with originally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Robert Falzone
That type of stained concrete has a light coating of stain on the surface and if you hit it with a Monkey Pad or any other abrasive pad you will scratch the stain off. You can put a coating on it. The customer asked for 'wax' which is how they view it, but water based 'wax' for concrete is called 'guard' and it has chemical bonding agents in it to make it stick to the concrete. You can get Ameripolish 3D Stain Guard or Sentinal Formula 404 from your local Aramsco Interlink Supply. Give it a light scrub with neutral cleaner and organic citrus, rinse well, apply 1 or 2 coats of guard, collect your money.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That would work but it don’t have to get all fancy. And like I said, if you have the ability, you can twister diamond pad with a propane, or regular high speed.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We had a stained concrete in our previous home. We did the staining ourselves.
The stain manufacturer recommends waxing as one of the methods of guarding it. Just make it clear to the client that the wax gets scratched fairly easily.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
That would work but it don’t have to get all fancy. And like I said, if you have the ability, you can twister diamond pad with a propane, or regular high speed.

It's dead simple. Clean the floor and get flat mop and an applicator pad, Apply 3 or 4 coats - it turns to glass. Collect. Deposit,Spend.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Dead simple Damon. And VERY lucrative. I have a cheque in front of me for $500. It took me an hour and a half. I did a 2 br apartment a few weeks ago, apply a few coats and I got $800 for 3 hours. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Dead simple Damon. And VERY lucrative. I have a cheque in front of me for $500. It took me an hour and a half. I did a 2 br apartment a few weeks ago, apply a few coats and I got $800 for 3 hours. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
How did you charge for price on the job?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
How long does that application last for the customers?

depends on the amount of traffic. I have an apartment that has the halls done once a year. The apartments I do usually require a reapplication in 2 years or so.
$1.25 per SF Matt. Not a lot of people do it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
depends on the amount of traffic. I have an apartment that has the halls done once a year. The apartments I do usually require a reapplication in 2 years or so.
$1.25 per SF Matt. Not a lot of people do it.
When I read the description ,it said it's non yellowing. So does that mean you don't have to strip it every time you want to re apply it every 2 years?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom