Stanley Steemer upholstery tool..

Mikey P

Administrator
CJ in blue..

In his new friggin awesome building..
20180306_150849.jpg

Name
Jeff T
I have a PMF internal jet. Cleans on the draw stroke only, HAVE TO DO DRY PASSES, leaves tool marks, need to stay on the trigger to keep the heat up, no clear window to know when I’ve flushed enough, and it’s the only tool that I’ve ripped uph with. Does it have its place sure.... guess that’s why Jim pemberton uses the tool he does to teach his course.... the SS.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Cleans on the draw stroke only

that's not true .

and it’s the only tool that I’ve ripped uph with

it's not retard proof, that's for sure .
Too much PSI can jet distort some "fuzzy velvet" like fabrics too

The SS is more retard proof in that respect .
Doesn't clean as thoroughly though...and plain stinks on tight/short corners and edges

.L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I have the all plastic pmf internal jet, cleans in both directions I just keep the trigger on.

It does a good job.

Open the vac relief on delicate fibres...
I do find myself saying what!? more often though, Its damn loud with the relief open

Name
Jeff T
that's not true .

it's not retard proof, that's for sure .
Too much PSI can jet distort some "fuzzy velvet" like fabrics too

The SS is more retard proof in that respect .
Doesn't clean as thoroughly though...and plain stinks on tight/short corners and edges

.L.T.A.
I guess only tools can’t use the SS tool.....

Name
Jeff T
I must be doing something right. I do referral work for 7 flooring stores, and 4 higher end furniture stores. I’ve got 2 more uph. jobs this week, both were referred.
Jeff @ SCC

Name
Lee Stockwell
I don't understand Matt and Larry's dislike for the Sapphire tool? I've had dozens of Kleenrite tools over the last near 40 years, including their drapery tool that looks VERY similar to the Steemer tool at the top of this thread. They were the best in the 80s and have stood the test of time. Bi directional, no sharp edges and relatively ergonomic next to what was available.

However my boys LOVE the Sapphire and have won me over too. They rock it and have no complaints. For me it's much easier to work longer hours with it and still get great quality.

The complaints above are a result of not giving it the time to learn to drive it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I guess only tools can’t use the SS tool.....

yea..that must be it ....:icon_rolleyes:

Does sOOper hero write Trump’s tweets for him?

nah
I don't GAS what anyone says about me ...unlike Trump:lol:

I don't understand Matt and Larry's dislike for the Sapphire tool

it's not that I "don't like it" , Lee ..I think the ergos are GREAT!!
The PMF is just better overall..and cleans better too

biggest reason most everyone loves it is because it light wt with wonderful ergos....not because it cleans better

same with the de jour CRB.
Its light and easy...not better than a rotary for shearing soil off a fiber

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
yea..that must be it ....:icon_rolleyes:

nah
I don't GAS what anyone says about me ...unlike Trump:lol:

it's not that I "don't like it" , Lee ..I think the ergos are GREAT!!
The PMF is just better overall..and cleans better too

biggest reason most everyone loves it is because it light wt with wonderful ergos....not because it cleans better

same with the de jour CRB.
Its light and easy...not better than a rotary for shearing soil off a fiber

..L.T.A.
Uhhh Larry...stick with what you're good at, cause you don't know Jack about upholstery tools! :winky:

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Jeff T
I don't understand Matt and Larry's dislike for the Sapphire tool? I've had dozens of Kleenrite tools over the last near 40 years, including their drapery tool that looks VERY similar to the Steemer tool at the top of this thread. They were the best in the 80s and have stood the test of time. Bi directional, no sharp edges and relatively ergonomic next to what was available.

However my boys LOVE the Sapphire and have won me over too. They rock it and have no complaints. For me it's much easier to work longer hours with it and still get great quality.

The complaints above are a result of not giving it the time to learn to drive it.
AND, productivity..... I did a large sectional(ALL cushions and throw pillows removable), 2 couches(same as last), 3 armchairs, an ottoman, and this weird art-deco thing today.... 5 hrs, and made 1400$ of uph alone. I love that tool combined with RO water.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
SS best Ergo, the least amount of wand marks on fabric and easiest to remove. Bad trigger with sharp edges and a piece of plastic that covers it which falls quickly (not even glued).
PMF internal jet- Best maneuverability, reaches into tighter spaces and far better for cleaning piping. Water is not delivered equally throughout the contact with the fabric (more in center).

Both when used properly will leave the fabric quite dry and flush it well.
Due to ease of use the SS tool finds its way out of my van first.

The SS is definitely priced very high for what you get (replacement parts too) but it is a very productive tool.

How about a group buy?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
SS best Ergo, the least amount of wand marks on fabric and easiest to remove. Bad trigger with sharp edges and a piece of plastic that covers it which falls quickly (not even glued).
PMF internal jet- Best maneuverability, reaches into tighter spaces and far better for cleaning piping. Water is not delivered equally throughout the contact with the fabric (more in center).

The SS is definitely priced very high for what you get (replacement parts too) but it is a very productive tool.

How about a group buy?
Yes would the group of you buy me one? :biggrin:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
How noisy is the vacuum relief on the SS?

I'm going to make a longer whip for my PMF and put a vac relief further away from me..

one day... maybe... what!?

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.

How about a group buy?
I noticed the uneven water delivery on my 4.5" pmf. So I stopped using it and went back to my 3.5", because it has perfect coverage.

I cleaned over 2000Linear feet of church pews and over 1500church chairs with my 3.5" with no dry passes at 250psi and they dried in no time. Both of those customers were ecstatic with how well they turned out. Coffee and drink spills all over those chairs, and a plastic SS tool would've failed trying to do the top and side edges because of the design of the head.

The only thing I regret about using the pmf is I only had one of them. I needed 2 more to do the jobs in a quicker time.

Like I said before: If you have some suede couches or something similar, the new age tools are great. But for nasty, tough fibers: the pmf internal jet 3.5" can't be beat. Buy one of each and see for yourself @CJ-FL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I noticed the uneven water delivery on my 4.5" pmf. So I stopped using it and went back to my 3.5", because it has perfect coverage.

I cleaned over 2000Linear feet of church pews and over 1500church chairs with my 3.5" with no dry passes at 250psi and they dried in no time. Both of those customers were ecstatic with how well they turned out. Coffee and drink spills all over those chairs, and a plastic SS tool would've failed trying to do the top and side edges because of the design of the head.

The only thing I regret about using the pmf is I only had one of them. I needed 2 more to do the jobs in a quicker time.

Like I said before: If you have some suede couches or something similar, the new age tools are great. But for nasty, tough fibers: the pmf internal jet 3.5" can't be beat. Buy one of each and see for yourself @CJ-FL
Please...just step away from the upholstery. :biggrin:

The Prochem upholstery tool makes a great complimentary tool to the Sapphire Upholstery Tool. It does a nice job of cleaning trashed standard care fabrics. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom