20180306_114948.jpg
20180306_114840.jpg
20180306_124011.jpg
20180306_114849.jpg

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I don't recognize the brush strip, must be a U.S. thing.

BUT the head reminds me of my old curtain cleaning tools.

Also looks like a very old tool design that I had about 30 years ago.

Must be a bugger (ergonomically) to use.

:yoda:

Just clicked on Fred's link :icon_rolleyes: Are these guys serious??

So much for qualified technicians. :stir::(

Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man, I seem to remember a lot of people in the “Mark My Word” thread saying the tool doesn’t make the cleaner. Boy it turns a 180 when it plays in their favor.
Dude you are correct. However all bets are off when you reach back decades for old technology.

If the tech using that thingamabob were a doctor, he could be sued for MALPRACTICE! :winky:

Reactions: ronbeatty

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Man, I seem to remember a lot of people in the “Mark My Word” thread saying the tool doesn’t make the cleaner. Boy it turns a 180 when it plays in their favor.
While that's true, better tools make better cleaners. Do yourself and your techs a favour and check out some of the modern tools such as the ss upholstery tool, the hydro kinetic or pmf detail tools. Most of us use multiple tools.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They are working much harder than necessary. The Sapphire Upholstery Tool is much lighter and you can maintain production with less wear & tear on your body. It's a "dry type" tool which is safer to clean with, reducing the risk of moisture related issues.

Try it at Mikeyfest, You'll love It!

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Very difficult to screw up when using the clear head SS tool...I hope. Using mine at the RMH here in St. Pete.
I work on accent pillows that would cost over $500 if I made a mistake. The price of the tool is a bargain.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Trust me I’ve had my eye on that clear SS tool, but man $500 is steep
I agree, $500 is steep. I bought my $500 SS tool, and was so pissed at how weird it was on cleaning, that I sold it for half that price. If your guys aren't doing any delicate fabrics, do yourself a favor and get PMF's internal jet 3.5" tool. It's the best at flushing out microfibers and normal fabric upholstery, and it doesn't over wet the fabric like some would say

Reactions: Dolly Llama

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I agree, $500 is steep. I bought my $500 SS tool, and was so pissed at how weird it was on cleaning, that I sold it for half that price. If your guys aren't doing any delicate fabrics, do yourself a favor and get PMF's internal jet 3.5" tool. It's the best at flushing out microfibers and normal fabric upholstery, and it doesn't over wet the fabric like some would say
I’ve never used either but to me, the clear head is priceless when your trying to promote dry strokes with a tech. If they can see for themselves how much moisture they can remove via a few more dry passes it would be hard to deny. Seeing is believing and with a metal
Head like ours or a solid color plastic head that just isn’t possible. I saw a post a few years back when someone found them on sale. If any anyone finds a deal, let me know.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
If you say so. Just keep in mind, when you get those curved edges on the oily arm rests on chairs and couches, and hard to reach areas that are too tight for that weird head to squeeze in, the quality of work is inferior compared to the pmf internal. I've used both, and I love my pmf.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

that's not where I'm at, CJ
That tool looks like a cumbersome sumbich to use for more than 5 minutes ....that's what I meant by "it's a brick"

the PMF internal jet tool can be had for under $200 with hide-a-hose .
It cleans better than the SS tool (these yo-yos won't admit it) likely because they've never done side by sides on trashed theater seats.

Ergos on the SS tool are fantastic in general ...but it stinks for tight rounds like office chair arm pads and the rounds of wing back chair fronts, as well as the cording (piping??) on many cushions
Other than that, it's great tool to use , and cleans well enough ...it's just ridiculously priced for the plastic inside and out it's made of

looks like your tool would be a PITA for tight rounds and piping too though ....so your guys will think they died and went to heaven if you gave them a light wt, ergo superior tool like the SS

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have several Pmf internal jet tools. 4 1/2 inch and 3 1/2 inch. They work great on all types of upholstery as well as fabric vertical blinds. I use the rotovac shear-dry as well. I usually bring both types in on a upholstery job and switch back and forth.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If you say so. Just keep in mind, when you get those curved edges on the oily arm rests on chairs and couches, and hard to reach areas that are too tight for that weird head to squeeze in, the quality of work is inferior compared to the pmf internal. I've used both, and I love my pmf.

didn't read your posts before I posted, Matt
Just when I when wonder if you have a lick a sense for cleaning indoor corrals with a TM, you show you DO have some smArts and ain't a pack following majoon and can figger chit out on your own

:winky::cool::cool:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom