Stickey Tabs

John Watson

Fraizer, Rob had 2 sizes of rolls, the holder was in the orriginal sized one. Behind the stack was the 4plus inchers.

Its real nice to arrive at a repeat customer and find that the sticky tabs are still in place from the previous cleaning.
Talk about saving some time and energy!

Rex Tyus

I honestly hate blocking and tabbing more than any other part of this profession. I even prefer cleaning out the waste tank to the block and tabing. That being said the Sticky tabs have made it a little less of a chore. But it still sux.

TimP

I like the stickey tabs and the concept. But after using them some I find that they don't stick to everything, maybe I got a couple of rolls that didn't turn out as well..... I think they need a bit more stickyness to them. I kinda agree with Ron. They are great for the back corner of a sofa that you can't get to but they aren't perfect. I don't know if I'll be using them as my primary tab. I also find that it's hard to keep track of them cause they are akward to carry.....and I don't mind misplacing a small stack of regular tabs.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
TimP said:
.... I kinda agree with Ron. They are great for the back corner of a sofa that you can't get to but they aren't perfect. I don't know if I'll be using them as my primary tab. I also find that it's hard to keep track of them cause they are akward to carry.....and I don't mind misplacing a small stack of regular tabs.

That is their main benefit and their main drawback. On those one or two jobs a year I really need a sticky tab, I just search around on the floor of my van for a used condom and put it on the odd leg that I couldn't otherwise reach when the furniture is put in place.

Able 1

Name
Keith
TimP said:
I also find that it's hard to keep track of them cause they are akward to carry.....and I don't mind misplacing a small stack of regular tabs.

liftbuddy.jpg

This is what I do, and you can use it with them on there... I am younger (somtimes don't feel it) and know this is what i'm going to do for the rest of my life and I know that my back is my money maker so the lift buddy has been great also...

Sometimes I don't use it but more and more I am liking that lift buddy! Sleeper sofa's with ease in combo with the easy movers.... Money in my bank not the chiropractors! :D

Keith

TimP

I own the lift buddy and slides....takes more time than it's worth.

John Watson

TimP, Helen and I totaly disagree with you as far as why bother with the Lift Buddy and Sliders. Helen would have quit long ago if she didn't have those tools to work with.
You young bucks just dont know what all you are missing.. Hell I get tired just watching Helen work....

Re: Sticky Tabs

Thanks guys for your support was at a greatful dead show last night so thats why I hadn't chimed in yet....if you guys ever have a problem with our Sticky-tabs please just PM me and I'll do what I can to make it right...thanks again guys and the 4" should be available soon...

any problems let me know...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the lift buddy is just a no brainier.....great tool for saving your back......

The problem with is that the wheels on it are so small that if you have to lift something like a futon or some couches with tall legs it is to small to get them high enough to get a block under...

so.......Put some mud tires on the thing and get rid of the small ones and problem solved...it gives it way better leverage for the taller items and still works great under the shorter ones..

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
Lonny said:
Able 1 said:
I heard that the sticky tab will double as a tucks pad try it let us know.

Keith
Uhh, what if yer a hairy guy?

The wax job is FREE!!!

Great call Jim I had a problem with that a couple times.

Keith

TimP

I'd much rather move a sofa by hand, I tried using my sliders but I found it just takes too much time. It takes probably 2-3 times the time to tab with a lift buddy. And it doesn't hurt the back if you do it right. I only use it for things I can't lift.....and well I haven't pulled it out in months. I mainly have it for my wife.

It may be a no brainer for some but I'm not going to say I use it when I don't. Or say it's the faster and that much easier for me when it's not.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm with you, Tim

we do have one on the van, but can't recall the last time we used it

matter fact, we used it so little, the handful of times it would come in handy, we forget we even have it :lol:

..L.T.A.

Name
Nate W.
Jim Martin said:

The problem with is that the wheels on it are so small that if you have to lift something like a futon or some couches with tall legs it is to small to get them high enough to get a block under...

so.......Put some mud tires on the thing and get rid of the small ones and problem solved...it gives it way better leverage for the taller items and still works great under the shorter ones..

Not a bad idea to change the wheels. I'd use some blue blocks on top of the lift buddy to lift things with tall legs. I works Great for people who work by themselves. I rather work smarter not harder.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
whittcohawaii said:
Jim Martin said:

Not a bad idea to change the wheels. I'd use some blue blocks on top of the lift buddy to lift things with tall legs. I works Great for people who work by themselves. I rather work smarter not harder.

I work by myself and was doing the same thing with the blocks..a few kept slipping on my and that is when I got the idea to raise the wheels....

Rex Tyus

I once used mine very frequent. it is the ticket when it is the ticket. However as of late if it is a situation that will require a buddy...I just clean AROUND THAT SHIT. :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
adcomp said:
I'm gonna have to change the wheels on mine....the wife uses it when she is with me

haven't tried sticky tabs yet

get some..you don't know what you missing......

just remember....sticky side up....... :wink:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jim Martin said:
adcomp said:
I'm gonna have to change the wheels on mine....the wife uses it when she is with me

haven't tried sticky tabs yet

get some..you don't know what you missing......

just remember....sticky side up....... :wink:

Oh also remember they dont stick to dust either... :roll: :roll: :roll:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I also have a lift buddy but don't get to use it as much as i'd like to, still trying to think what i would charge to move large beds w/ it and the sliders, than to think if its really worth going thru all that.

What do you guys use to put under sofa, chairs, and other pieces of wood furniture that do not have the feet? I can't use my sticky tabs on them and the remaining part of the furniture will still be touching the carpet, i also have blue foam blocks, but noticed that with the weight of the furniture, even if you put the blocks in certain locations the heavy furniture will still push the block deep down into the carpet thus allowing it to defeat the whole purpose.

Able 1

Name
Keith
tmdry said:
I also have a lift buddy but don't get to use it as much as i'd like to, still trying to think what i would charge to move large beds w/ it and the sliders, than to think if its really worth going thru all that.

What do you guys use to put under sofa, chairs, and other pieces of wood furniture that do not have the feet? I can't use my sticky tabs on them and the remaining part of the furniture will still be touching the carpet, i also have blue foam blocks, but noticed that with the weight of the furniture, even if you put the blocks in certain locations the heavy furniture will still push the block deep down into the carpet thus allowing it to defeat the whole purpose.

Then I put two blocks per corner or if it is a reclining sofe i'll put blocks in the middle also.

You can buy blocks with higher weight ratings too.

snapblocks.com has the white one's that hold up to 40lbs when the blue are 25lbs...

Keith

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Able 1 said:
tmdry said:

Then I put two blocks per corner or if it is a reclining sofe i'll put blocks in the middle also.

You can buy blocks with higher weight ratings too.

snapblocks.com has the white one's that hold up to 40lbs when the blue are 25lbs...

Keith

I'll give that a try as well - just a pain carrying all those blocks vs sticky tabs.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I'll give that a try as well - just a pain carrying all those blocks vs sticky tabs.

then make yourself a carry bag and life will be easier......

4 sets of sliders....sticky and non sticky tabs....2 bottles of spotter...Styrofoam blocks....
extra rags..shoe covers and place the lift buddy on top....bone scrapper and a few odd and ends

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

John Watson

Helen's bag is a little larger, We also used Jim's Bag Idea.

We carry 8-10 sets of sliders,
2 hose hooks
Blocks Blue/White
Tabs 3&4 inch
Stickey Tabs 3&4 inch
Booties
towels
Tabber
Lift Buddy
Water bottle
1st Aid kit
2-3 spotters

I do have Gary Heacocks Furniture lifter in the truck which comes in handy when cleanin under, but not movin sofas
Gonna git some larger wheels for the buddy, JB got one a MF08 that was already modified.

Able 1

Name
Keith
John Watson said:
Helen's bag is a little larger, We also used Jim's Bag Idea.

We carry 8-10 sets of sliders,
2 hose hooks
Blocks Blue/White
Tabs 3&4 inch
Stickey Tabs 3&4 inch
Booties
towels
Tabber
Lift Buddy
Water bottle
1st Aid kit
2-3 spotters

Wow! John you must have a suit case 8-10 sets of sliders!

I need to get set up like that I have all my spotters in mine but most of the spotters I rarly use...

Keith

John Watson

Keith, It is just a bit larger than Jims, found it at WalMart. So nice not having to share sliders from room to room. Helen sets in place while I am vacuuming, Sometime I prespray the move but with sliders doesn't really make a difference They slide easy!!!

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
Your crazy not to use the Lift Buddy! I use mine constantly... but I have to say I must have got a defective one because my handle is bent right at the wheels. :x

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks for the idea Jim, gonna get me something like that.

John - can you also post a picture of how yours looks like?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom