Still a newbie

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
Hi There,

I've been visiting this forum on and off for a little over a year. Haven't posted much but I've learned tons from reading your posts and suggestions to others. I've slowly accumulated equipment and I'm ready to go for it. From your experiences what are the most effective marketing tactics starting out? What was your budget and return on investment?

Thanks,

DJ

hogjowl

Idiot™
Get a decent website and have it optimized by somebody trustworthy.

Get a Facebook presence and post like you know what you're doing.

If you have a Rely Local in your area, join and post attractive offers on their site.

Get some van magnets and some note pads with a special offer on them and have your local Welcome Wagon lady pass them out.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Glad to see you here and posting

Marty had some great advice @hogjowl

Also, cleaning for clients and doing a great job you will be gaining cheerleaders who can help your business as well.

Try to dress the part of a professional, have your vans and equipment looking clean and top notch... Treat your clients homes with extra care with protective coverings and corner Guards... Be nice to the family and pets... Just a few quick additional thoughts that pop to mind....

Welcome and hope we get to hear more about your business and how the start up goes :)

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Welcome and good luck in your new venture!
All of the above....also, go around and offer demos to commercial buildings. Commercial work is a great bread and butter aspect of this business, make up a brochure and with each commercial account you get, ask if you can leave a brochure on everyone's desks describing your residential services.
Let them know you offer some kind of discount for those services since they are employees of your account. Also market to your residential customers that you offer commercial cleaning as well, as they all work somewhere! I always ask new customers if they would refer me to their employers.

steve_64

Depending on your market newpaper ads done well can bring a big return. It has for me anyway.

Join your chamber of commerce and be active in it.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Have good business cards made up.
Dress professionally.
Pass out 10 per day everyday.
Introduce yourself and ask if they will be having their carpets cleaned soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom