Stinky tank

M

Mattsfc

What's the best way to kill the smell in summer from the recovery tank ,

ascrubabove

My first year with my TM, I was rinsing out the wast tank weekly cause of the smell, but after I started using other chems to clean, I don't need to very often ( mabey 2 times a year), O2 system, OSR, Power Burst or Matrix Enzyme, 40 vol, and of course now Slop & Gobble. They all kill odor. When I do it now it is actualy to get the sand out of the tank, (live on the coast).

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
don't use chlorine tabs regularly in an aluminum tank

get a good drain..ie..park on the hill or grade that slopes to drain side of tank when/if possible

leave the dump valve open when parked over night ..it allows air in and helps prevent carpet nectar swill from fermenting .
Some guys pull the tank lid over night (I'm not one of them)

when you do a skanky job, drain well (on a hill or slope when possible) , suck 10 or so gal of clean water thru the hoses ..add a little deo or quat if you want.
Then drain it

..l.T.A,

dday

I drain the tank daily, using a wet/dry vac to evacuate the last 1/2" - 1" of dirty water while rinsing with fresh water from a garden hose. It takes three minutes at the end of the day. Why tolerate a stinky tank off gassing who knows what all day?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ruff Hewn said:
don't use chlorine tabs regularly in an aluminum tank

get a good drain..ie..park on the hill or grade that slopes to drain side of tank when/if possible

leave the dump valve open when parked over night ..it allows air in and helps prevent carpet nectar swill from fermenting .
Some guys pull the tank lid over night (I'm not one of them)

when you do a skanky job, drain well (on a hill or slope when possible) , suck 10 or so gal of clean water thru the hoses ..add a little deo or quat if you want.
Then drain it

..l.T.A,
a drafty old pole barn heps.......... :lol:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I only clean new carpet and only after its been treated with $1500.00 per oz rose perfume so I never need to clean the tank.

Name
jack zerkie
Iv,e been using those tanks for over 3 years and no problems, they came from Cobbs base unit and not one problem. You can fix the gasket problem easy with a little lube on the top of the tank to keep the gasket from sticking from dirt and heat. jz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom