T M F / MB Feud

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Then maybe lisa should get them to admit they are liars and admit to all their games then shut their board down. That would end it.

That's the spirit I'm talking about! :roll:

Thanks John, but I'm thinking we will need an alternate plan. :mrgreen:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Well let's hear your plan Richard. I'm all for plans. You can PM it if your afraid to share it in public. I promise not to tell anyone it was your idea :mrgreen:

G

truckmount girl said:
My avatar says it all....exactly. That man is alone and unarmed in the face of insurmountable odds.....and yet he made a huge difference. He accomplished more in China with that one small act, never raising a fist, shooting a gun or striking a blow....than all the violence ever did.

There is more bravery in that little unarmed man than in all the armed mobs and armies of the world.

He called no one to arms. He changed people's hearts.

And he was executed.

truckmount girl said:
Not true. The situation in China (and the attitude) is changing...for the better, not because people take up arms but because people's attitudes change.

It will take a long time there, just like it will here, but neither is impossible.

It has changed economically, but you still don't speak against the government in public. They have blocked Youtube after a video of police beating Tibetan monks was posted and Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites after the uprising of the Uighurs. This was done in the exact same way as in Iran. I'd say more, but you know.......

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Charles Robbins said:
[quote="truckmount girl":1pgflg5d]My avatar says it all....exactly. That man is alone and unarmed in the face of insurmountable odds.....and yet he made a huge difference. He accomplished more in China with that one small act, never raising a fist, shooting a gun or striking a blow....than all the violence ever did.

There is more bravery in that little unarmed man than in all the armed mobs and armies of the world.

He called no one to arms. He changed people's hearts.

And he was executed.

truckmount girl said:
Not true. The situation in China (and the attitude) is changing...for the better, not because people take up arms but because people's attitudes change.

It will take a long time there, just like it will here, but neither is impossible.

It has changed economically, but you still don't speak against the government in public. They have blocked Youtube after a video of police beating Tibetan monks was posted and Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites after the uprising of the Uighurs. This was done in the exact same way as in Iran. I'd say more, but you know.......[/quote:1pgflg5d]

Really? That's not as I understood it. As I understood it, Tank Man's identity and fate were never known, here or in China. But he moved not only the drivers of those tanks, but the witnesses that day and the world via TV and the internet.

I think within the next decade you will see a lot more change in China, not fast enough, but it will happen.

Take care,
Lisa

Chris A

Name
Chris
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
[quote="Mikey P":rsnv6qx2]
and if they don't ride a motor bike I have no use for you as a friend.

I can see Foster purchasing a motorcycle within the week.

I'm betting a bright yellow banana scooter.[/quote:rsnv6qx2]

I'm betting a bright yellow banana hammock

truckmount girl said:
Sigh....

Mikey, you don't get it, obviously. There you are listing things instead of just letting it all go and moving on.

Some hothead from oine side or the other is going to lay down the gauntlet sooner or later. The test is in everybody's ability to ignore or defuse instead of flaming the fires.

And Harper, due to the fact that I worked as an owner/op carpet cleaner running my own business by myself for 15 years before Greenie came into my life (and before he started cleaning carpet), due to the fact I was on the CC BB's before I ever met or knew him....I don't think I need the blanket of "family" protection. NOR DO I WANT IT!!
I can fight my own battles, thank you. Stop with the macho crap. I'm not a delicate little southern belle.

Why ban Cooper? Geez, he's making efforts. Why give him an ultimatum? Just let things go.

Nick may be eaten up with anger, I don't know. I will try calling him today. I'm going to delete the part of your post where you say things about him that are no one's business but his own. You may say it's okay because he said something about it (I don't know, I haven't been back to ®), but that is no excuse to that type of discussion.

I still haven't heard back from Rob, so he and Nick will be on my phone list today.

This is gonna take time guys, just because somebody steps out of line doesn't mean they drew first blood, now pile on boys. It means they should be ignored or brought back into line with calm discussion.

In the words of Gandhi : "An eye for an eye only makes the world blind".

Take care,
Lisa

Amen to that Lisa....this so freakin stupid, there is enough room and people to coexist and some have taken it to the extreme here and there...emails, phone calls, pm's, phone calls to discredit someone (I have experinced that myself)

grow up and move on...its a freakin message board.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
and had a dungenous crab omelte and pancakes and the Pig N Pancake restaurant, a hot chocolate with whip cream

had a couple of salmon sandwiches for lunch today

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
My plan has been just STFU & let it blow over. Seems to have been working for me. Seemed like it was just toxic BS for everyone involved. If you're really that worried about it: You probably need a life away from your keyboard.

JCoviello

I think I'll have some eggs with cheese and bacon mixed in before starting on the deck...

Edit 11:30am: Eggs were great. HOT and HUMID AS BALLS outside, quitting early on the deck...mowing the lawn instead.

Tomales from the local family taco joint for lunch. :)

Mikey P

Administrator
The war with Greenie was in Nick's head.

But to show I also have a green thumb, I'll open the board to each and every *** member to come and participate here.

No tricks, no bashing, and no lies will be excepted.

Start fresh and we'll see how it goes.

The offer does not need to be reciprocated.

Lefty724

Name
E
I've been following these threads since the beginning. It's none of my business so I just stay around for the good read. As an active member/poster on *** I have to say that this is real good thing of you Mikey!

I really like the no-nonsense, say what's on your mind, kinda way over here on MB. I have found myself reading MB a lot more as of late due to all the honesty of people and experience they possess.

I really hope things can work out for the best!!

Mikey P said:
The war with Greenie was in Nick's head.

But to show I also have a green thumb, I'll open the board to each and every *** member to come and participate here.

No tricks, no bashing, and no lies will be excepted.

Start fresh and we'll see how it goes.

The offer does not need to be reciprocated.

You did the right thing....hope it works.

Mikey P

Administrator
I love to be able to get over all this time consuming, energy robbing BS.

Maybe someday we can even combine boards so we can trick both Jon Don and Interlink into thinking we have 10,000 members.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Mikey P said:
I love to be able to get over all this time consuming, energy robbing BS.

Maybe someday we can even combine boards so we can trick both Jon Don and Interlink into thinking we have 10,000 members.

You do know that on vbulletin which is what *** uses there is a hack available to spoof your member count and post counts. You can change it up or down at will to what ever you want it to be. I'm not sure but there is may be one available for phpbb3 as well. I'm not saying they did that just that they have the ability pretty easily if they wanted to and it's pretty common practice.

Mikey P

Administrator
You do know that on vbulletin which is what *** uses there is a hack available to spoof your member count and post counts. You can change it up or down at will to what ever you want it to be. I'm not sure but there is may be one available for phpbb3 as well. I'm not saying they did that just that they have the ability pretty easily if they wanted to and it's pretty common practice.

Imagine that..

Bob Foster

Mikey P said:
Raf-L is suggesting they don't accept my offer.

has he always been such a bitter little man?

on second thought....just got done reading a few replies on MB.....nothing will change Nick, save your dime and your apology/truce.... move on......snakes that wear ties are in the grass then there's those that can't stand the fire they themselves started.....then there are those that went along with it but now are crying for mercy all cause the light has shined upon their darkness.

September will come and go....nothing will change either way....it will be business as usual.
Unless the heart has truly repented, it will continue as before.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Give it time, give it time. Nothing that took this long to get where it was will be solved overnight. Just give it time and try to overlook the occasional guy who steps out of bounds (it will happen on both sides).

Thanks and take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
steve frasier said:
and had a dungenous crab omelte and pancakes and the Pig N Pancake restaurant, a hot chocolate with whip cream

had a couple of salmon sandwiches for lunch today

I had the crab omelte at pig n' pancakse here in cannon beach this morning and my son had banana pancakes and lora had a marion berry waffle. yum yum

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

I had the crab omelte at pig n' pancakse here in cannon beach this morning and my son had banana pancakes and lora had a marion berry waffle. yum yum[/quote:2b3nraw9]

What's a marion berry waffle..........?

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom