tell me why..

Mikey P

Administrator
New high flow/ 6gpm pump, new pressure regulator, no restrictions, accurate gauge and I'm still getting a 300 pis drop when I hit the trigger...

****!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Mikey P said:
.... Yes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the V or Judson?
Does it seem like your using allot of water? I had the same issue on my Steamway and found out the high temp valve was dumping water all the time. Make sure you don’t have a faulty high temp / pressue valve.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would start by taking the regulator apart and super lubing the bullet looking thing...

Or look into cleaning the filter in your FW tank.

Just the two thing I have ran into as far as pressure.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
On the left side of the regulator, take off the allen plug. If there is a spring and ball in there, throw them away.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
FredC said:
http://www.ultimatewasher.com/hose-pressure-loss.htm

??

I think so....................

what is your flow???

BECAUSE....

when you open that block AKA trigger....now you have "relieved" the PRESSURE

and what PSI are you at?? at what ever flow it is

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I don't know the difference between an unloader and a regulator.

On mine, the side of the regulator with the big oriface screws onto the freshwater tank. The side with the small orifaced gets the brass plug.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when was the last time you pulled the handle off those galvanized shaft hose reels and checked how clogged up they were....

they may be so bad that the pressure will not flow threw and the unloader is dumping into the tank and causing a pressure loss......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the more I am thinking about this...the more it sounds like a flow problem..something is restricted some where... and the unloader is dumping....what color spring is on the unloader....with the higher flow pump you may have to go to a higher flow spring...white is for lower pressure....

Mikey P

Administrator
Hook a garden hose directly to the pump inlet. Sure seems like pump is being starved for inlet water somehow.
- no effect.
On the left side of the regulator, take off the allen plug. If there is a spring and ball in there, throw them away.
- put a different unloader on this AM that I had lying around.. had the check valve in it, took it out and still no good.
What size jets are you running again Mike? If you have the ability, put some lower flow jets in your wand and see if it still happens.
Tried a 07 flow wand today... still drops 250- to 300 pounds

and when I run two wands it drops 500.. hey Marty, blow me

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
when the last time you descaled it...THOROUGHLY, PuddinhEd??

lemmie guess, you run a water softener so you "think" it never needs descaled ??

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
listen Heathro the problem aint AFTER the pump.

and there aint no scale in the fresh tank or foot long section of 5/8 hose.

No scale in my fine unit.

FredC

Village Idiot
have you filled the tank? Does the problem get worse as the level gets lower?

Is your nifty chem sucker pulling air?

does sound like the pump is starved

Name
Lee Stockwell
Process of elimination:

Pump delivers rated pressure. +
Pump is getting adequate inflow of water. +
With an open fitting confirm the pump flows close to its rated output into an empty 5gal bucket (full in <1min)?

Those three issues will eliminate the pump as the problem assuming belt isn't slipping.

Anything downstream of the machine connection won't cause the symtoms you describe.

That leave the regulator or unloader. Depending on plumbing you may be able to prove this by severely restricting the bypass outlet, (which is usually routed back to the low pressure inlet side of the pump, either directly, into a waterbox, or into the fresh water tank.)

Specifically, it seems an unloader has been used in a plumbing arrangement that would work better with a regulator.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom