Testing the Stryker wand...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Pretty nice wand.....surprised the hell out of me...I am use to putting the hose on the wand and hearing the air pulling thru it..and when i hooked up to the Stryker it was really quite...it did not sound like air was even pulling thru...
sat it down and it locked itself to the carpet...the back stroke was really nice..the forward stroke will wear you out real quick.....so I opened the relief and it was much better but still tight on the forward stroke....

it flushes out really nice...the recovery is good....the dry time is about the same for your typical wand...it has a nice clean pattern with the dry stroke...

will put it on some residential carpets tomorrow........

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5686.jpg

the jet bar does worry me....if it gets clogged up..there is just no way that I can see how I can easily clear it out...it could really use a plug on the end that can be removed so you can flush out the bar.....

IMG_5653.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
The metal spray bar is in two pieces so easy clean out assuming the whole head goes back together better then the original design did.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Jim
Leave the glide attached to the wand. Loosen the 6 or 8 screwes that hold the two halfs in place. You can pull the one half of glide and bar off for cleaning. Happend to me on a job it took about 2 min to pull apart and clean out

dday

Jim Martin said:
sweet..thanks...this should of come with a service manual......

I used a Stryker for two weeks. During that time, I was plagued with persistent and recurring clogged jets. In addition, the head itself would have the vacuum choked off by carpet fuzz and hari that would get stuck just before the view window. When the jets were all open and the head not blocked, it cleaned better than any wand I ever used. But it was too much of a hassle always to be either cleaning the jet bar or de-gunking the vacuum head.

Thankfully Jon Don took it back.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Put it to work on some cut pile berber and some poly carpet....it did a good job..cleaned very well and left the carpets just slightly damp.....

After I was told how to clean the jet I checked it out this AM and it is easier ( for me) then cleaning out a standard jet....just loosen up the screw and hit the trigger...tighten back up...pretty simple...
Great recovery but still a work out on the forward stroke...it lifted the carpet right up.....

IMG_5707.jpg

It does clog easy ( not the jet) and have to make sure you check it after each job...

IMG_5710.jpg

so far it has been holding up and seems to flush better then the standard wand and the recovery seem a bit better...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
works good on small area rugs...just open the relief a little and you no longer have to chase the things around the room to clean them....

nice wand pattern...no lines....

good for edging the carpet where it meets the tile....

IMG_5712.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It's a great plastic electrolux canister vacuum wand at $100.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
with the water flowing out freely like the Drimaster uph tool, how do you know you are "flushing" the carpet? Certainly it is recovering the water put out and its definitely flushing the top of the fibres, but when you watch it working, do you think its getting any deeper?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Maybe the leading edge of the glide needs to be more rounded for easier forward strokes. Got a slack belt grinder?

Don't see how that Stryer would really rinse dense shag.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
but does it penetrate since it has all that vacuum surrounding it and its not under any pressure?
The Drimaster looked like it was flushing like crazy but it was only an optical illusion seeing all the water rushing past the window.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The more I use it the more I am liking it...rounded the front edge a bit and got rid of some of the hard push on the forward stroke....

if you look close where the bug glue strip is you can see the carpet steaming....and then at the wand you will notice it is not loosing any of the heat and steam at all....( and no I did not move the glue trap...they were all over this house and they ran a tac down in them and attached them to the tac strip.don't know what they were trying to catch and pretty sure I don't want to know)..

IMG_5791.jpg

regular wand on the left and the Stryker wand on the right..dirt patch in the middle...better flush from the Stryker wand....carpet is drier...one forward and reverse pass holding the trigger wide open..one dry pass...

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5790.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
regular wand on the left and the Stryker wand on the right..dirt patch in the middle...better flush from the Stryker wand....carpet is drier...one forward and reverse pass holding the trigger wide open..one dry pass...
Two different cleaning methods, aren't they?
With the GH, the water gets jetted into the yarns on the forward pass, no extraction.
Doesn't the Stryker extract on the forward as well as back stroke?

How do you know it flushed better? You can see the water flushing in, but did it really penetrate or just flush the top, which would explain why it would feel dryer, ie similar to the Drimaster rotary tool.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
prestige cleaner said:
You keep doing these tests on clean carpet,the rotary,now with the stryker wand.Clean real world carpets...

get out of apartment cleaning and get yourself some good clients...

I teach my clients to get there homes cleaned every 6 to 8 month...before the traffic lanes get to bad and before they start noticing any damage...

anyone can surface clean....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ron Werner said:
Just about any wand would do a decent job on clean maintained carpet.
WHat is selling you on this wand?

no it won't...any one can surface clean....you have got to be able to get down in there and flush out all the crap in the carpet.....just because they look well maintained does not mean that there are not dirty....do you tell your client to call before they start noticing problems...all that grit and sand that gets brought in is abrasive to the fibers and cause wear and damage.....so just because it looks clean means nothing....

what does this picture tell you....

IMG_5805.jpg

the only thing that it tells me is that my pre-spray is working...nothing more..

this is what tells me everything....

IMG_5812.jpg

what I can flush out of it...

this floor was thoroughly vacuumed.....and no I don't spend 30 minuets pre linear foot vacuuming...

IMG_5807.jpg

rotary cleaned it..and really....all this shows is my pre-spray is doing its job...

IMG_5810.jpg

this says it all....

IMG_5811.jpg

IMG_5813.jpg

So just because they look well maintained really does not mean much.....its what you can get out of them is what counts...the Stryker wand is the closest you will get to rotary cleaning and flushing the crap out of the fibers.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
just demo...I will be sending it back....I will be buying one...it works way better then my other wand...

John Watson

dday said:
Jim Martin said:
sweet..thanks...this should of come with a service manual......

I used a Stryker for two weeks. During that time, I was plagued with persistent and recurring clogged jets. In addition, the head itself would have the vacuum choked off by carpet fuzz and hari that would get stuck just before the view window. When the jets were all open and the head not blocked, it cleaned better than any wand I ever used. But it was too much of a hassle always to be either cleaning the jet bar or de-gunking the vacuum head.

Thankfully Jon Don took it back.

You must be using a powder prespray or rinse solution that is not getting properly disolved, with no inline filter if you are plugging the jets... Don't think it is a wand problem..

Thanks Jim, very good testing and reporting. Thats a highlight that keeps me around this board even in the boring times..... What is your other wand?

Back
Top Bottom