the best video from M9F

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Draper's TM is badazz...fo-reel
only thing I've seen comparable are Jim Bethel's customs
wellfckingdone, Draper

what was wrong with the jetting on the Trex?
forget the slinging over spray , look at 8:45 and see that jet streaking .
Obviously there is a jet fouled

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jim Bethel

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Where to start,

Alot of good information in there.

Holy Moses that thing was putting out some water, looked like a lawn watering tool! Surely its fixed.

Nice one, swarming the comp and tearin up his stuff, lol

That fuel burner was Steaaaamin :eekk: literally heard my heat exchanger shudder

So we just toss our leftover drinks out like that? How Cool is that! Can we stomp donuts and shit too?

Mikey P

Administrator
everyone thinks I'm picking on Mytee.

but if you guys had heard just how cocky he was about how the Trex was going to kick all the other tool's asses I am just dumbfounded about how they could show up with two units with so many glaring issues.

and than to not say one damn thing about it, like THANK YOU MIKEYFESTERS and Boarders for improving our machine more in three hours than that idiot DerOn could in three months is really pissing me off as well.

Reactions: GCCLee and hogjowl
F

FB7777

Was the TRex hooked up to the Mytee ETM all the time or was it connected to an actual TM?

Just wondering if some of the overspray had something to do with vac motors trying to keep up with water flow.

Reactions: GCCLee

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It takes a demo from hell to get your act together for the next time. Believe me, I'd had my share of bad demo's and it does make you better! I am supprise it was tested on that carpet to make sure there were NO issues before it was trotted out for everyone to see.

I feel sorry for John, he is a good guy and does keep trying with new and creative products.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
From seeing the overspray and hearing about the motor bogging I am pretty sure these symptoms are not characteristic of this machine and that if it were John would have never unvaild it at MF9.Given that the motor bogging is now a non issue and the proper setting of the jets will likely prove the same. The T-Rex is still an unknown and cannot be judged as such. This being said I am thinking their was gross negligence on the part of Johns engineers or outright sabotage and what ever the reason these machines were released in this condition I can see that heads will roll. I am looking forward to the outcome from the infield betta testers .

FredC

Village Idiot
Mardie,

The Mytee T-rex was not unveiled at MikeFest . It is in production with supposedly 150 units in the field according to the other thread. All presumably with the same torque and other issues..........

Why these issues seem to go unreported/unnoticed during Mytee's R&d and beta testing processes is another topic but is really the problem....not a torque dial

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie,

The Mytee T-rex was not unveiled at MikeFest . It is in production with supposedly 150 units in the field according to the other thread. All presumably with the same torque and other issues..........

Why these issues seem to go unreported/unnoticed is another topic but is really the problem....not a torque dial
unreported/unnoticed Ya that is weird Guess we will see what the MB bête testers will come up with. That would pretty much say it as far as I am concerned.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Look at some of the improvements that have come from just opening up to Mikeysboard. Tested studebakers HOSS and everyone gave feedback with changes and he made changes and awesome now. Same w Rotovac 360 to the 360i. So T-REX maybe having some board issues but I bet they are making changes. The Video says it all in this situation

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
From seeing the overspray and hearing about the motor bogging I am pretty sure these symptoms are not characteristic of this machine and that if it were John would have never unvaild it at MF9.Given that the motor bogging is now a non issue and the proper setting of the jets will likely prove the same. The T-Rex is still an unknown and cannot be judged as such. This being said I am thinking their was gross negligence on the part of Johns engineers or outright sabotage and what ever the reason these machines were released in this condition I can see that heads will roll. I am looking forward to the outcome from the infield betta testers .

Mardie, did you buy one yet? You keep sounding like somehow you want the trex to be accepted...or at least not attacked for the problems it has.
Are you joining the ranks of us "hack steamers" or why do you care so much about these rotary ex machines?

Also why would "mikeysboard" sabotage a unit from mytee? Just because they don't pay advertisement money to Mikey?
I mean we had mikeyfest AT MYTEE before and I'm sure john knows that it will only be for his benefit to listen to the critics of the unit..like he had done before with other tools that were not ready to be sold..and ended up being a serious friction between customers and mytee.

Last edited:
Name
Brad Gouveia
That is a great video. I am hoping that it is held in Vegas again then I would make it out for the next one. I always make connection or whatever the new name is now but I am thinking Mickey fest is the way to go.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You know who would have had music with the video.

Is Drapers TM a dual wand capable unit? Or is it just another 47 blowered unit in a box truck?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Draper will get deductions for all the Patches on his shirt. LOL. Ya Ok Bob Fooster. LOL. Id let him set up my truck if I was running a Porta Potty Business. The guy has been in the industry for a few years and he thinks he shud be Harry Hides lead instructor. LOL. T-Rex looks fine just change your pricing structure to include Baseboard washing and get 50 cents a square. Art Kelley complains about having Doug Cox syndrome where he claims to have too many customers. LOL. Run a T-Rex for a year that shud take care of his problem. LOL. Yes Doug Cox we know you went to Florida for 9 days. You are amazing. LOL.

Golden Boy

Mike Draper

Well marty, its a 408 blower. I didnt purchase it for the intent of dual wanding. If I were needing that I would have purchased an Aerotech. Waldo, I dont know who harry is? Also, there are no patches on my shirt, just a Judson logo. Whats the point of your post waldo?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Draper if you think you are a industry legend figure it out on your own. Watch the tone of your posts. You know who I am dont you? Patches and stickers on TM's dont mean crap to my Top 25 list.

Golden Boy

Mike Draper

Waldo, I don't know who you are and I don't care. I'm not trying to be smug to you, but i truly don't care about your top 25 list. I've never portrayed myself as a legend, not even the slightest. I have a small business, I support my family, I waste some time on here for fun. Most importantly I'm happy.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie, did you buy one yet? You keep sounding like somehow you want the trex to be accepted...or at least not attacked for the problems it has.
Are you joining the ranks of us "hack steamers" or why do you care so much about these rotary ex machines?

Also why would "mikeysboard" sabotage a unit from mytee? Just because they don't pay advertisement money to Mikey?
I mean we had mikeyfest AT MYTEE before and I'm sure john knows that it will only be for his benefit to listen to the critics of the unit..like he had done before with other tools that were not ready to be sold..and ended up being a serious friction between customers and mytee.

I did not buy a rotary. I just do not like mealy mouths attacking anything or anybody at any time. I care because I am shopping as I have been doing since I came to this board and have pointed out to many times before. I did not say or imply in anyway that MB had anything to do with sabotage. ZEE YOU SHOULD REALY GO SEE A DOCTOR REGARDING YOUR INABILITY TO COMPREHEND THE WRITTEN WORD. retard

Mikey P

Administrator
The Trex I believe is a game changer in my estimation. However, given my track record on some of my products (Bentley, etc) what I think is hardly good enough to establish reasonable creditably Peoples opinion like Jim Martin carry a lot of weight, with me included, so first hand independent comments will be very important to me.

That was a quote from John back in this thread

It was that comment and the faith I have in Cu's mechanical ability, that led me to believe the Trex that was going to show up at MF was going to be a "game changer", I'm not in anyway blaming Cu, but rather the situation he was placed in.

I feel bad for John that instead what showed up was a machine that needs such a drastic overhaul. What went wrong? Cu was not given a proto type//Beta rather he was given a 95% finished unit to give feed back on for the second round of machines. In my opinion the first round (150?) should be scraped.

-The vac ports work well from what I gather but the knurled edges limits it's versatility. Wool, fine velvet and delicate piles will most likely be damaged.
-carbon handle as to go
-T handle need redesigning, stress cracks from one day of use at MF.
-ditch the speed control, not needed.
-get consistent jets made or switch to proven flood jets
-make sure motor is up to speed and torque
-beef up base plate and handle attachment area to reduce flexing
-

My apologies to John for coming on so strong in voicing my disappointment. I know he was very disappointed to, as are many here who are Mytee fans.

John, your trust in Deron did you nothing but harm. I suggest you find a more qualified and impartial tester ('s) for your BETA projects in the future.

I also strongly suggest you look at your staff and it's ability to perform R and D and along with quality control (HUGE) and start fixing the problem from within.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom