..The Devastator Filter is very legit and will help give any TM better air flow..

Name
I'm Rick James
I removed my lint basket in my Prochem tank because it was killing my air flow and replaced it with the Devastator Filter. Its a little over $200 but my dry times are amazing and my air flow is amazing through the whole job. It is unlike any filter on the market, it is one of those ground breaking tools that will be copied in the coming years.

The owner is a carpet cleaning business owner who has spent the last 4 years or so coming up with this filter. I do believe there is also a mini version that is being tested as well. I think one of these filters will be at MF, so check it out.. it is worth the extra dough over the other filters.

If you have a smaller TM, this would be perfect for you by allowing your machine to breathe easier and give you better suction. I was going to see about upgrading to a 5+ blower for my next machine, but see no reason to go that big since I am 150 ft and under 99% of the time.

Bottom line is that its a tool that will make you a better cleaner.. the thing is built like a tank.

http://www.devastatorfilter.com/Models-and-Prices.html

Last edited by a moderator:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have both the large one and the small one. Both are well made and work really well.

And, the owner is not in need of medication.

Name
Todd
I removed my lint basket in my Prochem tank because it was killing my air flow and replaced it with the Devastator Filter. Its a little over $200 but my dry times are amazing and my air flow is amazing through the whole job. It is unlike any filter on the market, it is one of those ground breaking tools that will be copied in the coming years.

The owner is a carpet cleaning business owner who has spent the last 4 years or so coming up with this filter. I do believe there is also a mini version that is being tested as well. I think one of these filters will be at MF, so check it out.. it is worth the extra dough over the other filters.

If you have a smaller TM, this would be perfect for you by allowing your machine to breathe easier and give you better suction. I was going to see about upgrading to a 5+ blower for my next machine, but see no reason to go that big since I am 150 ft and under 99% of the time.

Bottom line is that its a tool that will make you a better cleaner.. the thing is built like a tank.

http://www.devastatorfilter.com/Models-and-Prices.html

I just bought the small one and it is incredible. My Little Blazer stays at maximum vacuum throughout out the entire job. I want to buy another one just to have piece of mind that i will always have one incase they stop making them or something. It is that good. No need to spray them out after every job. I just take my quicky brush and push all the debris to the bottom then it's good for more jobs. Tom even sent me extra 2.5 inch cuffs that I need to splice my Hose and extra black bags AT NO CHARGE. Thanks Tom

The small filter was only $150 shipped to my door. Tom could easily charge $175 shipped and it would still be a great deal. He deserves it IMO

quicky brush link

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...yword=quicky+brush&storeId=10051#.URbpHKX6_6U

Heres a video I made when I noticed the increased vacuum I was getting. It is kinda hard to watch because I had my new iPhone turned the wrong way for most of the video. Wont do that again.lol You can hear my Multi sprayer running in the background in the beginning. That thing is bullet proof too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urXHFaT0xF4&list=UU9vLm6qUb42gSDq8X10NAHQ&index=3

Last edited:

Kipp

Name
kip
I'm running dual minis on my next set up

ebejagaq.jpg

Name
Todd
I will have to think about 1 of these. 2 of my friends have ditched the pool style.

Nice video Todd, what blower does the Prochem have???

Thanks Brad, its a 36 blower 18 HP motor. My Blazer GT has 2 7/8 inch hose going from the blower to the waste tank and 2.5 inch coming from the tank with 2.5 inch port for the vac hose hook up. It came like this from Prochem. Works pretty good. I run 2.5 inch hose for the first 50ft. My devastator is 2.5 on both sides.

Last edited:
Name
BradFenstermaker
Yeah those that have used these awhile, can you run knee highs so its easy to clean out???

Name
Todd
Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
The white liners that fit inside the mesh bag are found at Lowe's and Home Depot in the paint department. They are nothing more than paint sprayer filter bags. Get the 5 gallon ones.
Panty hose ... are you serious? We did that in the 90's.

Name
Todd
Yeah those that have used these awhile, can you run knee highs so its easy to clean out???

knee highs suck. These are 5 gallon paint strainer filter bags. They have an elastic band around the top. The 5 gal strainer goes inside the black bag and the elastic band on the 5 gal strainer wraps around the grey ring on the black bag. You can stand the filter straight up in the truck because the cuff on the left side of the filter is recessed. It's awesome. Those are 12 x 12 tiles on my lino floor and this is the SMALL filter.

Tom said to keep it within 5 ft from the truck. Take your filter basket out in your waste tank. I use to have to climb up in there after every job to clean that stainless basket sticking my face all up in there felt like it was making me sick all the time from that nasty $hit. No more of that BS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

FredC

Village Idiot
do they actually have them at walmart Dave? On walmart.com they ship from toolking and its $10 shipping....

FredC

Village Idiot
I try to avoid the home depot unless I need some drywalling or yardwork done........

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
do they actually have them at walmart Dave? On walmart.com they ship from toolking and its $10 shipping....

Maybe So. For most stuff they will ship to store for free. I bought some tires and a bunch of stuff for Christmas and I was all shipped to store for free. Believe it or not they are some great tires!!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Not interested in the filter bag circus again.

Tap it, Squirt it if it needs it, Slap it back in..........Time is money and so are them lil ringed baggies.

My .02
Chris

RDS

I bought the RC 99 filter from Joe Bristor It is AWESOME. Made of Stainless Steel and comes with a basket and five filters. I would recommend it to anyone. solid piece of equipment.

FredC

Village Idiot
RDS....why are 2 of your whole 3 post as a MBer Bristor plugs?

Mikey P

Administrator
I bought the RC 99 filter from Joe Bristor It is AWESOME. Made of Stainless Steel and comes with a basket and five filters. I would recommend it to anyone. solid piece of equipment.

Solid?

yes.

but unlike the Devastator they leak water when the truck is turned off.

Im not ok with that at all.

I am also not thrilled about trying to keep that Stainless looking pretty after the honeymoon wears off.

PVC is just fine and probably more durable.

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
I'm Rick James
For those who are going to MF, go check out the filter it would be a great addition for 2013..

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have both the Stainless large Dev and the Stainless RC99, both leak water when TM is off.

Both work great, I only prefer the RC99 due to the size (half the size of the large dev), and it does not air leak, and I've tried everything from silicone gunk to u name it to stop the air leak on the back, it's a very loud whiny noise.

Not a Joe B plug, just pointing it out my experience.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
TMDRY
You more than likely have the SS Dev that did not have rubber gasket in back I used silicone and it just won't hold up. I have been at this for a while now and you can not seal with goop,I know as I have tried it over the years, If you send me your filter I will fix it for free, and send it back, if you like just a offer then if you did use it it won't make the whiny noise anymore up to you. I have also got rid of the old stlye gaskets that did not seal very well up front with a much better quality gasket. My personal SS Dev the very first one leaks a little air and it dripped water out the front but not with new gaskets. I haven't really heard anyone complain except the JB followers all of the sudden the Dev is the biggest POS on the market and it has so many problems yet I haven't heard from but a few and I try to take care of them if I can.
Thanks guys for the nice posts I wish I could make it this year to MF but for some reason we have been fairly busy cleaning, my son is almost ready to take care of the cc company but not just yet needs a little more time getting used to TM start and set up, next year I more than likely come down to meet you all would be nice to get away.

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom