The IICRC is finally listening.

Mikey P

Administrator
Lee Zimmerman, the Marketing Chairperson for the IICRC wants the opinions of you Mikey Boarders on how the IICRC should go about promoting us..

How can the IICRC go about getting the word out to Mrs Piftleton that there really are well educated and intentioned Carpet/Tile/Restorators out there?

Commercials during Oprah?
Ads in Good House Keeping?
Home And Garden TV?
Newspaper?
Internet?
The local Movie House?

It been a huge concern for many who pay their yearly dues. Just what has the IICRC done to inform the public as to the many benefits of our services?

Starting this Monday we will have a ongoing discussion with Mr Zimmerman in the Clean Room "Hot Seat" style only not limited to one evening. Bring your best ideas and questions and be proud that you can take part in dictating OUR future.

Mikey's Board dot com, the voice of the real cleaner.

Mikey P

Administrator
I was hoping to have Jim Martin and Marty host the thread and keep things on track.

I honestly feel the two of you are the prime examples of the best our industry has to offer.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I spent 6 hours on a 3 hour job today.

I was riding the Mikey machine because just prespray and dwell wouldn't touch it.

Nobody else in this market would lose $40 an hour simply because clean is not a subjective term.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would love to see it with the Oprah show... not that I watch but they always have like 6 SS ads during that show, I can't handle that jingle!

Mikey P

Administrator
Ken I saw your comments on ICS.

The future promotion is not about the IICRC it's about us.

If the ads have anything more than a one inch IICRC logo in the bottom corner I would be disappointed.

I would suggest they get Mark at Jon Don to do some graphics.

The Preacher

i'll be happy to moderate if you need someone.

i'm gonna get back into the IICRC and i hope to help with the upholstery program.

DRScrivner

Client Education through the different ways that a client gets their carpet:
1) Flooring retailers
2) New Home Purchase- Builder
3) Used Home Purchase- Real Estate Agent
etc...

LeeZ

Hi Everybody,
I was just appointed to the chair of the Marketing Committee of IICRC. I thought what better way to get some ideas, than to include all of you. I am a cleaner just like you, just dumb enough to volunteer to better my industry. I really would like to story board ideas, take them back to my committee to work on them. Please feel free to give me any thoughts you might have. Some of you know me and know that I am not going to B. S. you in any way! I really want this to work and maybe finally make you feel like you are part of the solution! Reality has to prevail here, because just like your company, IICRC does have a budget for marketing. Thanks ahead for time and for your ideas.
Lee

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the only way they will reach out to the millions of people out there is by talk radio or TV....

that way we are not limited to types of people or just business...

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome Lee

I guess before we waste our time suggesting that Ruthie and Jeff fly into space to spray paint "Cleaning For Health" on the rings of Saturn, perhaps we should know just what your budget can afford.

And how about a short, concise recap of your life and what brought you to this point.

Scott

LeeZ said:
Hi Everybody,
I was just appointed to the chair of the Marketing Committee of IICRC. I thought what better way to get some ideas, than to include all of you. I am a cleaner just like you, just dumb enough to volunteer to better my industry. I really would like to story board ideas, take them back to my committee to work on them. Please feel free to give me any thoughts you might have. Some of you know me and know that I am not going to B. S. you in any way! I really want this to work and maybe finally make you feel like you are part of the solution! Reality has to prevail here, because just like your company, IICRC does have a budget for marketing. Thanks ahead for time and for your ideas.
Lee

Hi Lee! It's great to see one of the good guys from IICRC here. Welcome!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Scott... Where is the banana?

This thread actually reminded me to send in my dues!

Thanks

Scott

Able 1 said:
Scott... Where is the banana?

This thread actually reminded me to send in my dues!

Thanks

See the Clean Room. I owe Fjord King some dues.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Welcome Lee and congrats on your new position. I agree with Scott, Lee is one of the good guys. And he is a real cleaner.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
as your fearless leader I am placing Wayne Miller and Scott R in charge of IICRC marketing

CapeCleaner

DRScrivner said:
Client Education through the different ways that a client gets their carpet:
1) Flooring retailers
2) New Home Purchase- Builder
3) Used Home Purchase- Real Estate Agent
etc...
Professionally designed material that can be delivered to IICRC members electronically so we can provide it to clients/potential clients as well as affinity groups.

Work to make the IICRC web site the first listing for carpet cleaning searches. IICRC certified cleaners linking back to the IICRC site would help.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have a few people certified in some specialty areas i.e. odor control, water damage etc.

I have great respect for Lee Zimmerman and wish him much success.

Before giving an opinion I would need to know thew marketing budget. This is a large country and for any program to have an impact I would think ads would have to be on nationally syndicated tv shows and/or national mags such as good housekeeping, both of which would cost many 10's of thousands per ad. Oprah alone sells for $1200 (rate card) for a :30 spot in Detroit, though with a few can be bought for much less, say 900. Detroit is now I think the 11th largest market so an ad in LA or NY markets might be 3000-4000 or more. Say an average of 750 for the top 50 markets and your at 37,500 for each ad and I would think at least 10 minimum in the first 2 weeks would be needed to start to create a brand, then maybe 10 month for 11 months after that for a total of about $450,000. Is this kind of money avail?

Good Morning America would be half the price, but still require a significant commitment of monies.

The Preacher

do regional supervisors still exsist in the IICRC? if not, i'd say that a group of RS are needed to help promote the IICRC in given regions.

i noticed the new phone book here is full of IICRC logos and claims of IICRC educated companies. I hope the IICRC will take on the liars, cheats and sociapaths be thinned from the hurd mantra!!!

Lee can you tell us some of the ideas you have in mind?

-JB-

Name
JB
do regional supervisors still exsist in the IICRC? if not, i'd say that a group of RS are needed to help promote the IICRC in given regions.

That is an excellent idea!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I suggest they think outside the box.

-press releases (nationally)

-hire a good PR man (send him/her on a national circuit promoting the benefits of "clean living")

-we need to get across the message that there are CC's out there that homeowners can trust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom