the monster has been officially shown ( galaxy note 3 )

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Looks good there shouldn't really be a run on these, so you should have time to play with one and then decide to buy it.

I will say my galaxy 2 note was one of the best phones I have ever owned.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
looks great. you'll love a large phone Dustin, the G-note's rock.

i am looking at other large phone possibilities for my next one. the LG G2 looks interesting as well, check it out.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Reactions: Derek

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i pre-ordered mine on Tuesday ;) because my Gnote 1 is now crapping out on me. keeps shutting down and vibrating. either i dropped it one too many times, or that's what i get for flashing it with the Padawan rom a couple months back. trying to factory reset 20 times and still shutting down. might have to switch back to my iPh 3 for a month ARGHHH :errf:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
cancelled my pre-order but went into AT&T this afternoon and picked 1 up. 2 things i like off the bat: snappier response and the s-pen writing on the screen is a lot more like writing on a pad.

Reactions: Mikey P

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Verizon?

i am stuck with AT&T only because i still have unlimi data. when that get's canned, i'm back to Verizon 1st thing.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Verizon?

i am stuck with AT&T only because i still have unlimi data. when that get's canned, i'm back to Verizon 1st thing.

Have you ever checked your stats to see how much data you actually use? I checked mine and found out that by ordering 2 gig over my biggest usage month I was still saving $30 a month going with a limited plan.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Have you ever checked your stats to see how much data you actually use? I checked mine and found out that by ordering 2 gig over my biggest usage month I was still saving $30 a month going with a limited plan.

Withan iPhone and video conferencing you can hit 5 gigs fast.

My guys no longer have to describe something to me they can just show me thru facetime or tango or like and that racks up the usage quickly.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Oh I get mine tomorrow my brother already picked it up but didn't have time to meet up with him to get it.

Do you like it a lot or just minimal improvement?

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Verizon?

nope, Canadian provider - Sasktel

curious what you guys pay ?

im @ 65/mth for unlimited local calling and to anyone thats with the same provider as well as unlimited data/text

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
glad to hear allot of guys that use the phone in our field love it :D

another big news item..

one of the first phones with usb 3.0, what does that mean?

close to cutting the phone charging time in half (500mAH/hour to 900mAH/hour

Also if you use your phone as an " ipod" its 10x faster the transfer speed

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/09/05/t...ting-smartphone-released-this-year-heres-why/

if you have usb 3 on both sides it is BAD ASS....

my son bought and had a guy build him a pc...the guy put win 8....my sons has usb 3 on it, and this guy had a jump drive that was usb 3 w/turbo:eekk: that had win 8 on it..... So when you load your OS how long does it usually take??? 30-45 min right???

8....8 fooking minutes and it dl and installed 8 :eekk::eekk: scary fast....

anyway back to the phones....

if you have sprint, and are in some LTE areas, or the old wimax areas.....go for the G2, it is a triband phone and will pick up the 800 band (old nextel) 1900 (current sprint change over) 2600 (old wimax band, and is the 3rd band)

anyway, most SPrint LTE phones now, only support 1900, some 800, but thats coming on during next year...

anyway if you have sprint and want to know if things are going in your neck....ask me ill give you a little info, or go here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index and check it out....lots of info over there

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nope, Canadian provider - Sasktel

curious what you guys pay ?

im @ 65/mth for unlimited local calling and to anyone thats with the same provider as well as unlimited data/text

got 10 lines on my acct, 5 with unlimited data and 5 texting....each set of 5 shares 1500 min...unlimited cell to any cell on the data side....

right at $400, after discounts and taxes

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
hi Joel, yea i considered that. mine is usually under 2GB but the month i lose it i will prolly go over :p

Oh I get mine tomorrow my brother already picked it up but didn't have time to meet up with him to get it.

Do you like it a lot or just minimal improvement?

from the Gnote 1 to 3 i see a decent difference. my GN1 was rooted and snappy, but the GN3's response is instantaneous. still has a lot of features i haven't messed with like the Air Command thing...no idea if it's of benefit to me. pictures are noticeably better to my eye. battery life is night-and-day difference. of course a new battery will do that. it is taller so that makes for a wider keyboard in landscape mode which helps. a little narrower but i don't mind...makes for easier 1-handed operation. the screen must be oleophobic?? hardly any fingerprint problems. having a physical home-button is nice...it also turns the screen on, which can be a problem if it is naked in your pocket. i have the black model and it seems the back leather-type cover material feels more like leather than the white model. i like how it feels, not so slick in hand. i still need to setup it's ability to be used as a remote control for electronic devices like TV's or stereo systems etc... a Quadrant Standard benchmark test of my GN1 was around 3400. the GN3 gets a result of 22000, for what that's worth. it shows the HTC One X as the next closest phone at only 4600. odd that it doesn't show the Galaxy S4...that must be closer to the GN3. that test also shows the GN3 @ 60 FPS. Multi-Window is cool...lets you have multiple apps open at same time. i think the S4 has this as well? and it weighs a little less than my GN1.

Lefty724

Name
E
Derek, do you still have all your GN's? It would be cool to see a pic of all 3 next to each other?

I went from my GN2 to an iPhone 5 and must say I miss the swype and battery life the most. The size is what made me go back to a iPhone.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
E, i'll take some pic's this week and post. i only have the GN1 & 3. i'll put my iPhone 3 in the pic as well for comparison...i believe that's the same size as your iP 5. i'll include the S4 in the shot as well.

for the size, i'd think the S4 is the phone for you.

Lefty724

Name
E
E, i'll take some pic's this week and post. i only have the GN1 & 3. i'll put my iPhone 3 in the pic as well for comparison...i believe that's the same size as your iP 5. i'll include the S4 in the shot as well.

for the size, i'd think the S4 is the phone for you.

Thanks Derek. I had the S4 Active for about a week but opted for the GN2 instead because of the stylus and battery life.

I loved everything about the phone except the size.

I can't wait to see the pics to get an idea. Thanks again.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
How does it work w/ SM for anyone using it?

I may reconsider going back to that route...when I used SM w/ my Ipad 1st gen and also laptop w/ air card, it was just too slow...so if I can get it done quicker w/ the note 3 and not have to carry an ipad or laptop in client's homes would be ideal, and save time from having to go back to the office and send all receipts via email.

Name
George Valliant
It logs into service monster and navigates ok but chokes when you try to create and schedule a work order. i was hoping it would replace my tablet entirely but it doesnt appear to be the case.

Name
George Valliant
i was able to get further along using the Internet Explorer browser instead of the Google Chrome browser.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
That sucks, I guess I'll just keep the old school way than. I do email my clients a receipt thru SM, but would be nice to just takes notes on the Note 3 than show clients right infront of them the SM work order, have them sign off, and once job is complete send them paid invoice via email...w/out it slowing down and or not having signal would be my main worries...this happens a lot in homes in the woods and or new neighborhoods.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom