The NEW Everest 870 reveal

Name
Lee Stockwell
The plastic filter box leaves much to be desired.

I have a WM and a Butler filter box, each using 5 gallon paint filter bags that are changed daily.

I won't go back to filterless.

Reactions: hogjowl

RugSucker

We purchased recently the 870 Everest have 75 hours on it 3 weeks time heat impressive vacuum not so much feel like it justs needs some more adjustment as well.
So make them, what are you waiting for?
Have had it at the shop for adjustments couple times still seems light on vacuum. When you run a 4 truck operation its alot different the being an owner operator doing a couple jobs a day and hanging out at the local supply house waiting for service.

Reactions: 870everest

RugSucker

The new Everest 870 must be used with some type of inline filter ran it without cleaning the external filter box but the internal filter box filled up fast causing obvious vacuum lose. Spoke to to the Legend team about it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The new Everest 870 must be used with some type of inline filter ran it without cleaning the external filter box but the internal filter box filled up fast causing obvious vacuum lose. Spoke to to the Legend team about it.
The new Everest870 has box an external and internal filter box???

Talk about lame.

I'm assuming the external filter box has bigger holes in it, allowing the smaller fragments to get caught in the internal filter box. If I were you, I'd just remove the internal filter box. That small s**t can be dumped back to the ground in which it was born. (was that last sentence biblical enough)

You morons are too worried about getting the inside of your waste tank dirty

As for the "inline filters"...I'd rather buy more gas for my setup than buy paint filters or panty hose-Weirdos

steve_64

I filter my water because I spent a few grand on putting a clean out next to my driveway and I don't want to plug it up. I dump 99 percent of my wastewater there.

The filter gets dumped into the trash and the screen gets rinsed. I use paint filters occasionally but the screen still needs to be rinsed off too.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
Here is my modified aluminium in-tank basket. I sawed the bottom of the basket off, leaving only the retaining top to hold the paint filter. This is the easiest/best way to quickly remove and replace or wash down the filters.
No longer do I have to muck out the basket and attempt to remove the debris that used to get sucked into the baskets perforated holes.
This mod has also provided a noticeable increase in airflow due to more surface area of the filter hanging free inside the vac tank. I still run the 3" ss blower filter in the tank with a nylon knee high over it.
The fine silt/sand still finds a way to accumulate on the vac tank floor though, and I regularly have to wash out the residue as it goes septic fairly quick.
My service area has a many sand beaches, from Tobermory to Point Clark on Lake Huron, in Ontario.

20190817_093531.jpg

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Why so complicated?
Shop time is built into the design.
I sort of agree. Seems like truckmounts are intentionally made to be difficult. The are definitely pretty and cool, but do they do anything that a Judson can't do? Yeah, Judsons are boring and use fuel-fired heat, but will the Judons do less than the big brand machines?

For 20k, the Judson C4 has around 500 CFM, because Judson run their blowers at factory specs. The 570 only runs at 410ish CFM because Legend Brands run their blowers at a low RPM.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just for a little more rambling...

I think it’d be a smart move on Legend’s part if they dropped the 570, and Ressurected the prochem Performer 405 to the new LEGEND PERFORMER with that 4cyl Kubota engine, same heat exchanger as the everest 650, same blower as the 570 with the hg turned up to 15, same exhaust coating, flip down front lid as the new everest, exterior filter box, updated frame material to prevent rust and updated waste tank with today’s blower filter, and dropped the plastic chrome, exchanged the blue neon lights to white LED and kept the same color pattern.

Look at how many White trash mullets bought the Dodge Charger when it hit the road again. Just saying

Last edited:
Name
Justin Johnston
I like the check engine light...Does it come standard always "lit"
Key on, engine off, the service engine light will be lit if there are not any codes in the computer. Key on, engine off, the service engine light will flash if there are codes in the computer. If there are not any codes in the computer, the service engine light will turn off once the engine is started.

Reactions: RugSucker

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom