The New Rig - PICS

CanYouHemiNow

Well, she ain't a Vortex or even a Butler, but she is PAID for. Now if it will just last more than 2 years so Greenie can't say "I told you so!" :p

Inferno014.jpg

Inferno016.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Very nice looking unit.

What are the tank's capacities?

What blower, pump and motor?

Sprinter?

How much?

Can you take a pic of inside that round tank?

F

FB7777

looks like a GMC inteior

How do you fill the poly fresh tank? does it have a fill shut-off?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
There is just something about a new clean install that is very appealing. I think that is why I clean the truck so much to keep it feeling new. I'm getting the itch to buy something new even though I don't need it. That low mileage aero tech sure looked inviting. I'll never go back to a van.

Gene

CanYouHemiNow

Mikey P said:
Very nice looking unit.

What are the tank's capacities?

What blower, pump and motor?

Sprinter?

How much?

Can you take a pic of inside that round tank?

That there is an Amtex Inferno with a 25 horse Kohler, 4.5 Roots, HyPro 3GPM, and dual stainless HX'ers. $9900 with 100 ft of hose and a 12 in CMP wand. $9500 for the Inferno20.

Stuffed it inside an '09 Chevy Express... standard length. I know I will be wanting the extra room of an extended someday but right now with the unusually cold weather I am very thankful to be able to park her inside my garage at night.

I got her hooked up to an 80 gallon freshy with a garden hose hookup coming out the back door and equipped with auto-shutoff at the tank. The waste is aluminum, powder coated, 75 gallon with a shut-down float switch. (Thanks for the post on that last month Mikey, that will be the first place I look now when she cuts off in the middle of the night. :p )

CanYouHemiNow said:
Jay DeLaughter said:
Good for you, nice rig. :)

Thanks Blue Jay, try not to put me out of business my first year... :wink:

That set up right there will be more then enough. I've made $600 a hour with my little Boxxer 421. The highest price carpet cleaner in my area had a beat up van and a Very small Truck mount. When I say beat up van, I mean beat up! Trust me its not the machine. It's you the person.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
That is nice nice. Love the color. you said 12 cmp at the wand. shouldnt it be 15 with a 25 horse. Damn I liek that. It was cheaper than my TCS and with a heat exchanger. Let me know how you like it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I see it now. That is nice. For that price. And I wouldnt have to mess with propane. So what are the reviews on these?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
That there is an Amtex Inferno with a 25 horse Kohler, 4.5 Roots, HyPro 3GPM, and dual stainless HX'ers. $9900 with 100 ft of hose and a 12 in CMP wand. $9500 for the Inferno20.

I could run that unit with those components including the aluminum waste tank for 10 years or 10,000 hours with good maintenance.

CanYouHemiNow

joeynbgky said:
That is nice nice. Love the color. you said 12 cmp at the wand. shouldnt it be 15 with a 25 horse. Damn I liek that. It was cheaper than my TCS and with a heat exchanger. Let me know how you like it.
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not. The wand that came with the machine is a 12 inch, 2 jet, 3 flow, from California Metal Products. If you mean I should be running a 15 inch quad jet or something, well, because the pump is just a 3GPM it probably couldn't keep up if I used anymore than a 4 flow or so. But what the hell do I know? Somebody educate me quick if it sounds like I ain't got a clue what I'm talking about! :lol:

You are right about the model, this is their new one just out since this summer. The owner of Amtex (Ben Saney - nice guy - talks too much - reminds me of me) says he has been consumed the last couple of years trying to keep up with the demand for his portable, the Prowler. So the Inferno finally got it's long overdue makeover. The day I was there for install people kept coming all day... he sold 3 more machines by the time we got mine finished - no shit!

As far as reviews go... I found lots of guys who love them and only one guy that was not happy. Call Ben at Amtex and ask him about that story... pretty funny.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
CanYouHemiNow said:
joeynbgky said:
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not. The wand that came with the machine is a 12 inch, 2 jet, 3 flow, from California Metal Products. If you mean I should be running a 15 inch quad jet or something, well, because the pump is just a 3GPM it probably couldn't keep up if I used anymore than a 4 flow or so. But what the hell do I know? Somebody educate me quick if it sounds like I ain't got a clue what I'm talking about! :lol:

You are right about the model, this is their new one just out since this summer. The owner of Amtex (Ben Saney - nice guy - talks too much - reminds me of me) says he has been consumed the last couple of years trying to keep up with the demand for his portable, the Prowler. So the Inferno finally got it's long overdue makeover. The day I was there for install people kept coming all day... he sold 3 more machines by the time we got mine finished - no shit!

As far as reviews go... I found lots of guys who love them and only one guy that was not happy. Call Ben at Amtex and ask him about that story... pretty funny.

i confused myself. i was thinking of somethign else

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
CanYouHemiNow said:
joeynbgky said:
i confused myself. i was thinking of somethign else
zall good, joey... hey, hell of a nice logo you got there... it looks pro... did you do it urself?
My business partner drew it up. my sign guy tweaked it and made it work. thanks

Greenie

swap out your 1.5 jets for some 03s or maybe some 04s, and RINSE the carpet instead of misting it.

this will also help to temper your heat spikes and keep you from wearing out that bypass solenoid prematurely, in fact order a spare one now, so you can swap it out when it dies.

Ryan

I'm not an expert either but 3 gpm will keep up with any flow you want to put on your wand. I like an 8 flow but 12 flow @500 psi seems to be the most popular if you check the poll mikey just posted.

Nice unit! Keep us up dated on it. I think a lot of guys on here are curious about amtex. There isn't a lot of info on them on the forums.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Nice looking unit! Let us know how it works out for you...I haven't heard much about the Amtex line either...
I hope you get thousands of highly productive hours from it!!!

CanYouHemiNow

Greenie said:
swap out your 1.5 jets for some 03s or maybe some 04s, and RINSE the carpet instead of misting it.

this will also help to temper your heat spikes and keep you from wearing out that bypass solenoid prematurely, in fact order a spare one now, so you can swap it out when it dies.

Hey Jeff... thanks for the info. I really didn't know how much flow I could get from that pump but if you say it will do it... I believe it. Today I did a big ass job (for me) 10k feet and I had to figure out something pretty quick because of the near constant HX'er dumping. I just kept dialing down the RPMs until I found the sweet spot where it didn't dump every other minute but still had plenty of suction.

CanYouHemiNow

dgargan said:
Hows the heat?

David

I have it set at 210 right now which it gets to way too fast. I couldn't use the water fast enough before it would dump. But I dialed back the RPMs and finally got the timing right. I am turning it up to 220 tomorrow and I am sure I will get the higher heat settings figured out with some more practice. When I went down to Houston to check them out I saw one running at 230... constant. Plus there is a video of that at Amtex.com.

CanYouHemiNow

danielc said:
That looks like 2.5 to me. How do you plan on setting up hoses, and what kind of filters are you running?

Nope, just plain old 2 inch. Probably looks bigger cuz it is still shiny and new. :lol:

I have the reels in the back but do the carry-around to a side door hook up at the machine.

Filters? I have an inline filter with a stainless mesh screen in it... does a fine job of catching the crap before it gets to the waste tank. Not sure what brand the waste tank filter is...

CanYouHemiNow

captaincarpet said:
Nice looking unit! Let us know how it works out for you...I haven't heard much about the Amtex line either...
I hope you get thousands of highly productive hours from it!!!

Thanks man, so far so good. I have had it home for a week now and have done 3 houses and a 10k foot commercial today. So far so good but damn, somebody should have told me how hard it is to clean 10k feet of Berber! :lol:

I think if I hadn't slapped a glide on the wand yesterday I would still be down there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom