Administrator
Jim and Amy

0421027202fece0369a42d65bc4ae88e.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Two 1502 jets @ 600 to 800 psi

0bad8ad38e8fae7c73cfbb8cc12fbfb7.jpg

So is this like a Zipper that has a little bit bigger head and spinning jets instead of the straight line manifold?

Does it have a motor to spin it or just the water pressure like the tile spinner type tools? In other words, do we need an electrical cord?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Wasn't it Lee Stockwell or Jeremy Stockwell that was using their spinner on that real dense vinyl like carpet?

I have done that on a completely trashed commercial carpet near entry ways..800psi 240F lots of drystrokes. (with greenhorn)

Last edited:
Reactions: dealtimeman

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
So is this like a Zipper that has a little bit bigger head and spinning jets instead of the straight line manifold?

I would say not. The Zipper has vacuum both in front of and behind the spray section, it looks like the CX-15 has vacuum pickup on the front only.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I remember the Zinger....700 PSI with rotating needle jets right?

Now do you remember the Ultra Sonic power heads from Chemspec and Steamex?

Name
Lee Stockwell
The Zinger was motorized and spun the jets AGAINST the flow for more impact. (In practice, worked nearly as well without the motor)

I remember the goofs promoting the Ultrasonics at the ISSA show in Chicago (1980) absolutely flooding the carpets....with poor results. One of them told me I would never be able to compete without one.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The Zinger was motorized and spun the jets AGAINST the flow for more impact. (In practice, worked nearly as well without the motor)

I remember the goofs promoting the Ultrasonics at the ISSA show in Chicago (1980) absolutely flooding the carpets....with poor results. One of them told me I would never be able to compete without one.

Yes the ultrasonic guys were spreading the word that truck mounts would be obsolete because of their powerhead.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
It has two sapphire units Inside the box one of which is a 870ss which is rumored to have a bigger blower but we will have to wait to see about that.

It doesn't need a bigger blower, they need to spin the one they have FASTER, to get more than 520cfm out if that big blower. The motor can handle it.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
It doesn't need a bigger blower, they need to spin the one they have FASTER, to get more than 520cfm out if that big blower. The motor can handle it.

My thoughts are that a bigger blower is better for two reasons. One, the bigger blower will spin slower. If you can get the rotor speed down below critical speed the noise is way quieter and much easier to silence. Second, at the lower speed bearings and such will last much longer.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom