theres one I have never seen before...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_0180-20120430-195530.jpg

John Watson

Years ago I went on a flexsteel tour with a group of inferrior dessacrators (I was looking at becoming a member of their group,) in the final assembly area a young lady was applying the cleanability code tags, in her station all she had was S tags, When I asked why they only had 1 tag, I was told that was the only one they used at this time due to a lawsuit where the W/s tag was put on the wrong fabric and they had to pay alot out to get out of it and this way with the S tag won't hurt any of the fabrics they used.

At the next dessacrator meeting I was asked to explain about the tags. I also explained in my experience 98% of Flex Steele fabrics were wet cleanable. this other 2% was specilty fabrics required to complete the special orders from dessacrators like them and how they were mislabled.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
We also have a national furniture chain that only has "S" labels for solvent cleaning on all their furniture.

I clean furniture for them, including the franchise owners personal furniture.

He is well aware that in the past I only hot water extracted the furniture, even though the label say's not to.

They put it on, not because it's the best clean, but according to them, it's the safest.

:roll:

Name
R.J. Povio
Almost every piece of furniture we clean has the "S" label on it. We clean them with hot water all the time. We never have a problem. The "S" stands for safe....not clean!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Talk about a "left handed compliment".....

Nice that they recommend professional cleaners, not nice at all that they mention that we use "toxic products"

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
I don't think they are saying WE use toxic compounds but that many cleaning agents, even the one's that they may use are toxic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom