Things You Learn When You're Complacent

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Figured I'd do a little work on the wands on Saturday since it was too friggin hot to clean in the afternoon. Pulled the inline (pressure) filters and found so much shit in the screen that I don't know how I had any pressure. Clean that out thoroughly and changed the "Greenglides" valve rebuild kit. Checked the jets and sure enough, they wern't spraying right. Got it all up to snuff and they are just purring now.

Any good item to use for cleaning out jet tips without damaging them? Straight pins are usually too big, and can damage the jet hole. Anyone use welding tip cleaners??

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I use welding tip cleaners and bread tie wires and when it's real bad I use the tip of a razor knife blade.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
FLYERMAN said:
I use welding tip cleaners and bread tie wires and when it's real bad I use the tip of a razor knife blade.

I found an extremely thin needle in my Wifes sewing shit, and it worked out well. Even the SS tips are easy to damage if you are trying to force too big a needle through the tip.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Any good item to use for cleaning out jet tips without damaging them?

if they're off the wand , drop them in a bowl of muriatic acid for a few minutes

for the thinnest needles, go to an arts'n craft store and get some beading needles
(the ones used for stringing tiny glass/plastic beads)

..L.T.A.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I take them off the wand and soak in CLR product. Then blow them out with the air compressor.

G

greentech

dmirf1@msn.com said:
I take them off the wand and soak in CLR product. Then blow them out with the air compressor.

This is exactly what I do as well. Soak them for at least 24 hours in undiluted CLR. Jets and screens. Come out like new.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
greentech said:
dmirf1@msn.com said:

This is exactly what I do as well. Soak them for at least 24 hours in undiluted CLR. Jets and screens. Come out like new.

Muriatic acid is like 12 bukz a gal at hardware store ...Home depot and Lowes sell it too in the lawn and garden section.
a 15 minute soak in muriatic is equal to 15 hour soak in CLR

it's ain't kid stuff like CLR...so obviously strict safety precautions are needed while using the wicked chit

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom